PDA

View Full Version : Poll Shows Disapproval of Threat of Government Shutdown (8 in 10)

RonPaulFanInGA
09-25-2013, 09:10 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/us/politics/poll-shows-disapproval-of-threat-of-government-shutdown.html

Eight in 10 Americans find it unacceptable for either President Obama or members of Congress to threaten to shut down the government during budget negotiations in order to achieve their goals, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll. Fewer than 1 in 5 think the stalemate between Mr. Obama and the Republicans in Congress is acceptable.

Republicans, Democrats, independents and Tea Party supporters alike object to the threat of a shutdown, the poll says.

Cruz is playing well with bored political bloggers who want something to talk about, and love confrontation for its theatrics, but I think the erratic Cruz is fast going down Palin's path to being an unelectable gadfly.

jkr
09-25-2013, 09:31 AM
shut it down, burn it down , hold it under water i dont care...
they have LONG AGO gone WAY too far

NO FURTHER!
YOU
SHALL
NOT
PASS!!!

FSP-Rebel
09-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Cruz is attempting to get Reid to compromise on the budget bill in which he didn't allow any amendments on other than his own. Reid and Obama are playing "gimme, gimme gimme" and don't want any republican say-so on this. Cruz is trying to force their hand and make them own a govt shutdown if they don't acquiesce.

thoughtomator
09-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Tea Party supporters object to the threat of a shutdown? I call BS. All the Tea Party folks I have known would be positively giddy at a pause, however minor, in the government spendathon.

Cleaner44
09-25-2013, 09:57 AM
I say shut it down and never reopen.

ctiger2
09-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Shutting down the Fed Govt would cause real unemployment rates to plummet and real income to spike.

Yea, who'd want that....

Brett85
09-25-2013, 11:04 AM
A Rasmussen poll showed that 51% of Americans support shutting down the government in order to defund Obamacare. I guess it just depends on how you phrase the question.