PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Benton says...

Jojo
11-28-2007, 03:15 PM
...in so many words

1. Donate on November 30th, they need the money
2. Register Republican, time is running out in some states
3. Become a delegate, he says this is the most helpful thing you can do

I believe this was the gist of his message today on the Alex Jones show, which is streaming repeatedly until tomorrow morning.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/ (click on 'listen live' on the left).

Jesse said that the December 16th money bomb is great, but stressed that they also need money NOW, to open new offfices etc. It was discussed that by getting money now, it will result in more contributors for the Dec 16 Tea Party.

Naomi Wolf was also a guest on the show today.

granny miller
11-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Jesse Benton always does a great job :)

I thought the Naomi Wolf interview was very interesting.

Jojo
11-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Jesse Benton always does a great job :)

He sure does! I'm streaming the show now, I think Naomi Wolf is on next.

Elwar
11-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Ron Paul needs one of those fancy black American Express cards with no limit.

Run up about $7 million on the card starting in December, then pay it off Dec. 17th.

:)

(I do not condone people do this with their own finances...especially with $7 million)

V-rod
11-28-2007, 03:55 PM
We already surpassed the November goal that was set in the beginning of the quarter by almost 1.65 million.

cien750hp
11-28-2007, 03:59 PM
We already surpassed the November goal that was set in the beginning of the quarter by almost 1.65 million.

i thought the goal was changed from 4-4-4 mil per month in the quarter
to 3 in october, 4 in november, and 5 mil in december. by those numbers, its 2.65 over :D

yoshimaroka
11-28-2007, 03:59 PM

True, and it means that strategies change.

Jojo
11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
True, and it means that strategies change.

Yes. And in any case, what I hear Jesse Benton say is don't hold all your money till Dec 16. Give NOW too.

jgmaynard
11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
I agree that giving money both times and afterwards is important -

Many ad campaigns need to be paid weeks in advance, HOWEVER...

If you're sitting there with a multi-million dollar check and want advertising for next week, ANY advertising manager in any media outlet WILL find a way to take your money.

That said, we should still try to think of any cash before Nov 30th being early state money and Dec 16th until the end of the year as being "Super Tuesday" money. :D

JM

me3
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
We are SUPPOSED to pass goals. These goals aren't endpoints, they are the fuel for the campaign.

Time to go SuperNova. http://www.rudysreadinglist.com

Original_Intent
11-28-2007, 05:02 PM
We are SUPPOSED to pass goals. These goals aren't endpoints, they are the fuel for the campaign.

Time to go SuperNova. http://www.rudysreadinglist.com

Agreed but i guarantee you that no one in HQ dreamed that the last week of Q3 we would raise over a million bucks.

It was the week of a million dollars that inspired the $12 million dollar goal. And I also would wager that no one in HQ in their wildest dreams thought we would be looking $10 million in the eye at this point prior to November 5th.

Hold the Supernova for 18 days please. A nice solid blast in a couple of days that will build momentum without diminishing "the big one".

davidhperry
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
i thought the goal was changed from 4-4-4 mil per month in the quarter
to 3 in october, 4 in november, and 5 mil in december. by those numbers, its 2.65 over :D

Yes, that goal was made two months ago and it was too low - plans change. Even is we raise more than $12M it doesn't mean we have this nomination locked up.

craezie
11-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Honestly I don't think that the commercials and mailers that the official campaign has bought with the money are that compelling anyway. They don't really appeal to 30 something people like me anyway. Plus, so much money is going to these small-time states.

A huge haul on the 16th will make way better MSM coverage, and that is the only way that people will take notice. You are giving money to buy that more than to buy whatever the campaign does with the money. Even 10m worth of lame commercials and flyers will not make the impact of the free publicity a 10m haul at TeaParty will.

Geronimo
11-28-2007, 06:36 PM

I'm all out of fuel, but I can bump this thread.

steph3n
11-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Honestly I don't think that the commercials and mailers that the official campaign has bought with the money are that compelling anyway. They don't really appeal to 30 something people like me anyway. Plus, so much money is going to these small-time states.

A huge haul on the 16th will make way better MSM coverage, and that is the only way that people will take notice. You are giving money to buy that more than to buy whatever the campaign does with the money. Even 10m worth of lame commercials and flyers will not make the impact of the free publicity a 10m haul at TeaParty will.

Let me inform you, they ARE NOT MADE to be compelling to you. :) you have internet you have other means, they are made to reach those OUTSIDE this box.