PDA

View Full Version : Reid: “We’re Not Going to Bow to Tea Party Anarchists"

Brian4Liberty
09-23-2013, 03:54 PM
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2013/09/23/reid-were-not-going-to-bow-to-tea-party-anarchists-n1707688

On the Senate Floor today, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made it patently clear to everyone that the so-called “anarchists” comprising the Republican Party aren’t going to get their way -- no matter how hard they try.

Brian4Liberty
09-23-2013, 03:56 PM
On Politico:

“We’re not going to bow to tea party anarchists who deny the mere fact that Obamacare is the law. We will not bow to tea party anarchists who refuse to accept that the Supreme Court ruled that Obamacare is constitutional,” Reid said in a blistering opening speech. “The simple fact remains: Obamacare is the law of the land and will remain the law of the land as long as Barack Obama is president of the United States and as long as I’m Senate majority leader.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/harry-reid-ted-cruz-senate-97215.html

Natural Citizen
09-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Heh. I guess it's a good thing nobody cares what Harry thinks. :rolleyes:

Cabal
09-23-2013, 04:18 PM
“We’re Not Going to Bow to Tea Party Anarchists" :confused:

Legend1104
09-23-2013, 04:20 PM
so what about tea party libertarians, voluntarists, and paleos?

tod evans
09-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Get ol' Harry off the floor and out in real life and he'll "bow" in a heartbeat...Hell I bet he'd whimper, snivel and beg with a little provocation...

Sola_Fide
09-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Haha...if he only knew...

Christian Liberty
09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Haha...if he only knew...

The overton window has been shifted so much that this nonsense flies, I wonder how he'd react to an encounter with an actual anarchist, or an actual Christian...

Tod
09-23-2013, 05:58 PM
He hopes everyone will instead bow to statist authoritarians.

Paulbot99
09-23-2013, 06:02 PM
so what about tea party libertarians, voluntarists, and paleos?

They're reported.

Legend1104
09-23-2013, 06:08 PM
sad part is, one day many many people will look at America around them and realize that we were right to be so concerned about the government and to be so suspicious, but that day will be when it is too late to save.

green73
09-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I say: GOOD PRESS. Keep it up, Harry!

Brett85
09-23-2013, 06:45 PM
What would Harry Reid call an actual anarchist? A terrorist?

Christian Liberty
09-23-2013, 06:49 PM

He'd have a heart attack.

I propose sending Sola_Fide to convert him AND give him a heart attack by defending an actual anarchist position. Hopefully Reid will get saved before having the heart attack that kills him:p

TaftFan
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Old those old creeps will be bowing when their backs give out on them.

Cleaner44
09-23-2013, 07:05 PM
This is a wordsmithing attempt to paint people that don't go along with the program as "EXTREMISTS" because reasonable people compromise and help push forward the progressive agenda.

Fuck Reid!

Root
09-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Tea party anarchists. That's deep. I can see you really put a lot of thought into that Harry.

anaconda
09-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Can't Obama simply direct the treasury to pay various bills in lieu of a CR? I'm not completely clear on how this would result in a "government shutdown?" Unless they need massive instant borrowing to pay the bills. As Rand noted in the past, the treasury gets over $200 billion per month from payroll deductions and so forth.

qh4dotcom
09-23-2013, 07:56 PM
For those living in Nevada....can you all please do something about the morons you know who voted for Reid?

ctiger2
09-23-2013, 08:47 PM
It's too bad they're not real anarchists.

Pericles
09-23-2013, 08:49 PM
No need to bow to us, just get your ass out of the US Senate.

mczerone
09-23-2013, 09:16 PM
It's too bad they're not real anarchists.

What's revealing is that if they were real anarchists they wouldn't care that Obamacare is "the law" or has been "ruled Constitutional".

That hes even bothering making those arguments shows that either (a) he knows that they're not real anarchists, (b) doesn't get that anarchists don't care what the state says, or (c) is really "arguing" simply to stoke hatred and incite his base.

I'm leaning toward (c), with a touch of (b).

Neil Desmond
09-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Ok, so he's saying that he and his authoritarian thugs aren't going to bow to tea party anarchists. Does that mean that they will bow to tea party non anarchists or non tea party anarchists?

BTW: the House passed a CR bill; the Senate and the offices of the President & VP of the US are controlled or ruled by the Democrats, and they're the only ones who could possibly shut down the government. There is no way the Republicans can shut down the government. This is a completely false claim by Reid.

I dedicate the following song to Senator Harry Reid, because he reminds me of the type of person that Rollins is referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awY1MRlMKMc

economics102
09-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Right on. Obamacare is the law of the land -- for a bunch of lawmakers to try to dismantle it, well, that would be anarchy.

idiom
09-24-2013, 02:38 AM
Are we anarchists because we oppose Obama care or because we think a government shutdown would be a good thing, and the better the longer it went on?

Cuz he is right on that point. The GOP position is actual Anarchy if the left doesn't fold.

Occam's Banana
09-24-2013, 03:47 AM
See also: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?427565-Reid-Anarchists-have-taken-over

What would Reid think of a real anarchist?

His head would explode.

Probably would call them terrorists.

"Anarchists are terrorists - they make Statists' heads explode!!!"

PierzStyx
09-24-2013, 04:24 AM
He'd have a heart attack.

I propose sending Sola_Fide to convert him AND give him a heart attack by defending an actual anarchist position. Hopefully Reid will get saved before having the heart attack that kills him:p

Nah. I have found SF to be arrogant and annoying at times, but I respect him/her way to much to feed them to the Beast of America like that.

Christian Liberty
09-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Nah. I have found SF to be arrogant and annoying at times, but I respect him/her way to much to feed them to the Beast of America like that.

The idea was to hopefully make Reid convert to Christ, and certainly to make absolutely certain that he gets a heart attack.

nobody's_hero
09-24-2013, 07:38 AM
This is a wordsmithing attempt to paint people that don't go along with the program as "EXTREMISTS" because reasonable people compromise and help push forward the progressive agenda.

Fuck Reid!

That's been the way the dictionary's been written for a while now. Endless spending and entitlements = 'normal.' Wanting to stop increasing spending = 'extremist.' Wanting to cut spending = 'OMG! psychopath alert, psychopath alert!'

Hell I hear this sort of nonsense within the GOP enough that I don't even have to go as far as to hear it from Harry Reid. Even most of the GOP seems to think having the guts to oppose something the big-spending democrats come up with is 'extreme'.

newbitech
09-24-2013, 08:34 AM
"Speak for yourself, Mr. Reid!"

- Signed,
- Barack "I bow to cows" Obama.

jbauer
09-24-2013, 08:42 AM
He hopes everyone will instead bow to statist authoritarians.

Kinda what I was thinking. I'm not bowing to anyone of those jackasses either.

angelatc
09-24-2013, 09:33 AM
I don't want him to bow. I want him on his knees.

angelatc
09-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Are we anarchists because we oppose Obama care or because we think a government shutdown would be a good thing, and the better the longer it went on?

Cuz he is right on that point. The GOP position is actual Anarchy if the left doesn't fold.

Yeah, because closing the national parks is total anarchy. It's not like we don't have fully functioning state governments or anything.

July
09-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Was the debate similar to this back in 1995, the last time there was a "shutdown", does anyone remember? Seems the word "obstructionist" just isn't doing it for them anymore...

georgiaboy
09-24-2013, 10:31 AM
so instead of bowing you'll just stoop to ad hominems, eh, Harry?

Cabal
09-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Anarchists don't care about making anyone bow to them.

Christian Liberty
09-24-2013, 11:07 AM

I don't care if people like Harry Reid bow or not, but I do want them executed for their mass aggression.

torchbearer
09-24-2013, 11:55 AM
The idea was to hopefully make Reid convert to Christ, and certainly to make absolutely certain that he gets a heart attack.

I don't see how you convert someone to a religion that only believe 144,000 people are getting into heaven.
Do you promise them a seat? How do you know you have one?
If you took the number of all human beings that have ever lived and will ever live on this planet... it would at the least be 100 Billion.
so with those odds, you are better off sticking to powerball.
after all, your destination is already pre-determined.

Noob
09-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Defund ObamaCare Petition To My U.S. Senators

http://www.chooseliberty.org/defundobamacare.aspx?pid=0823a

puppetmaster
09-24-2013, 12:21 PM
For those living in Nevada....can you all please do something about the morons you know who voted for Reid?

we are trying but he buses in union voters and rigs the vote

tod evans
09-24-2013, 12:24 PM
we are trying but he buses in union voters and rigs the vote

Man I offered to ship a load of inbreds out there.........

Cabal
09-24-2013, 12:25 PM
rigs the vote

Redundant.

Neil Desmond
09-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Nice observation.