PDA

View Full Version : VD: Should you get a public beating for walking while black in Jacksonville, FL?

Keith and stuff
09-21-2013, 11:10 PM
According to 1 police officer in Jacksonville, that is absolutely what should happen!

Man arrested, punched, tased and charged for crime of walking down the wrong side of the street (VIDEO)
Posted by Austin Petersen on 21 Sep 2013
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/man-arrested-punched-tased-charged-crime-walking-wrong-side-street-video/

He called the police to protect himself from the police

JACKSONVILLE, FL – Bobby Wingate was arrested by police for the crime of “walking down the wrong side of the road.” Officers had attempted to question him where he was going but he explained he didn’t have time to talk because he was late for an appointment. The police cited him for walking on the wrong side of the street and arrested him, punching him in the face and tasering him for good measure. When he was tried for the crime, a judge threw out the case half way through the trial.

Wingate believes he was a victim of racial discrimination and is suing the police department. He insists he’s not angry with the officer who arrested him. ”If I ever see him again, and he needs my help for something, I’ll help him,” Wingate said.

A photo of the man charged with walk on the side of the street below. http://images.christianpost.com/full/64462/bobby-wingate.png

Quick poll. Will this outstanding police officer be promoted for his wonderful service?

Origanalist
09-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Sooooo, they don't do this to people of other races?

aGameOfThrones
09-21-2013, 11:36 PM

lets hope this doesn't spread.

Christian Liberty
09-21-2013, 11:38 PM
He's a better man than I am. On a good day I'd tell him to repent lest he burn in Hell. On a bad day....

Origanalist
09-21-2013, 11:39 PM
lets hope this doesn't spread.

I think it's a little late for that.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-21-2013, 11:51 PM
From the article: "He called the police to protect himself from the police."

That's like calling the hyenas to protect yourself from the lions.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Nothing against the OP or people who point out that blacks can really be hassled because that is often the case; however, it can be an issue in how you approach things. I've contacted quite a few organizations when working on the police roadblock issue. One frustrating experience was when I talked with the ACLU staff member in Raleigh. He was Hispanic and had no interest in the issue unless he could make a racial or ethic connection. My point of view was that the issue effects everyone. I can see where he was being practical and getting some mileage pushing the ethnic angle, but it was just too much for me to continue talking with them.

asurfaholic
09-22-2013, 05:10 AM
He's a better man than I am. On a good day I'd tell him to repent lest he burn in Hell. On a bad day....

You need to stop advertising that you think you are a Christian. On a good day you do not represent Christ and the Word at all, on a bad day you put that Bible and everything God desires out of his people through a shredder.

We all are sinners, but there is something distasteful about someone who makes such an effort to claim to be an ambassador for Christ, then mutilate the message so thoroughly. Just stop.

tod evans
09-22-2013, 05:12 AM

It's not newz then...

Anti Federalist
09-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Not WWB (Walking While Black).

WWM.

Walking While Mundane.

We're all untermenschen to the ruling/enforcement class.

And like an abused spouse, we dutifully cower and comply and fill the role perfectly.

Snew
09-22-2013, 10:55 AM
walking on the "wrong side" of the street? The heck? These cops are just getting ridiculous... :mad:

kcchiefs6465
09-22-2013, 11:38 AM
walking on the "wrong side" of the street? The heck? These cops are just getting ridiculous... :mad:
The "wrong side of the street" is actually the right side of the street.

The wrong side of the street is walking against traffic. If a car is going to hit me, I at least want to have a chance to get out of the way. I never walk the same direction as traffic is traveling. Youtube won't disappoint in videos of people casually walking along to be crushed unexpectedly by a car. If I'm going to be ran over, it is going to be with me looking at the car and with a chance to react and move or position myself to prevent going under it. Fuck the police. That people put up with this nonsense is ridiculous. Not even that this guy gets beat for no reason at all, but that the police can stop and ticket someone for walking against traffic. What kind of stupid bureaucrat fuck came up with that law?

Only 17% of arrests are for actual crimes. (an act in which there is a discernible victim) It would stand to reason that at least 83% of all police departments need fired. Arresting and taxing people to pay their worthless salaries. I don't know of a better definition of unproductivity.

aGameOfThrones
09-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Wingate believes he was a victim of racial discrimination and is suing the police department. He insists he’s not angry with the officer who arrested him. ”If I ever see him again, and he needs my help for something, I’ll help him,” Wingate said.

Why even bother suing? Oh I get it, their just doing their job. He'll probably shoot you first.

JustinTime
09-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Theres no reason to make this racial.

Arrest the cops, put them on trial, treat them just like everyone else. That's exactly what I said last week when some Tallahassee cops beat a white woman to bloody pulp.

Cleaner44
09-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Part of the problem is that cops have nothing to lose by arresting people on charges they know will never hold up. They have no risk, at worst they get paid time off if they screw up bad enough. This dynamic needs to change if we are to reverse this trend.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Part of the problem is that cops have nothing to lose by arresting people on charges they know will never hold up. They have no risk, at worst they get paid time off if they screw up bad enough. This dynamic needs to change if we are to reverse this trend.

You didn't explicitly say it, but there's a seemingly easy solution here. Police need penalties (including prison) for arresting people who are not convicted. Same with prosecutors and charges.

Unfortunately, it would create an unintended consequence of more evidence planting, more lies. I guess I haven't thought about it long enough, but there is a solution here somewhere.

tod evans
09-22-2013, 02:26 PM
You didn't explicitly say it, but there's a seemingly easy solution here. Police need penalties (including prison) for arresting people who are not convicted. Same with prosecutors and charges.

Unfortunately, it would create an unintended consequence of more evidence planting, more lies. I guess I haven't thought about it long enough, but there is a solution here somewhere.

Eliminating "qualified immunity" would be a good start!

Make these tax-ticks personally accountable for their actions and inactions.

Pericles
09-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to take a walk on the wild side.

phill4paul
09-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Hell yeah blacks should be beaten for walking down the wrong side of the street. Anyone should. WTF? Honestly, if we are to have a nation governed by rule of law then this is the only action that a brave and heroic officer may under take. OF THE LAW, BY THE LAW AND FOR THE LAW. No one is immune. Not even teh blacks!

Pericles
09-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Hell yeah blacks should be beaten for walking down the wrong side of the street. Anyone should. WTF? Honestly, if we are to have a nation governed by rule of law then this is the only action that a brave and heroic officer may under take. OF THE LAW, BY THE LAW AND FOR THE LAW. No one is immune. Not even teh blacks!

Before you know it, people would think that they could walk on any side of the street they wanted to do so.

phill4paul
09-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Before you know it, people would think that they could walk on any side of the street they wanted to do so.

It would be absolute anarchy. There would be Baby-Bar-B-Ques. Clowns would dance wild and rampant with seltzer bottles squirting willy-nilly good citizens. At some point individuals would not be able to exercise the RIGHT of petty tyranny.

Anti Federalist
09-22-2013, 09:26 PM
It would be absolute anarchy. There would be Baby-Bar-B-Ques. Clowns would dance wild and rampant with seltzer bottles squirting willy-nilly good citizens. At some point individuals would not be able to exercise the RIGHT of petty tyranny.

Woot!

RickyJ
09-22-2013, 09:34 PM

I believe he isn't angry with him because that stupid cop just gave him a sure victory in civil court to a big settlement. Most people would take being hit once and tased for a lot of money.

RickyJ
09-22-2013, 09:36 PM
You need to stop advertising that you think you are a Christian. On a good day you do not represent Christ and the Word at all, on a bad day you put that Bible and everything God desires out of his people through a shredder.

We all are sinners, but there is something distasteful about someone who makes such an effort to claim to be an ambassador for Christ, then mutilate the message so thoroughly. Just stop.

He is a kid man, cut him some slack.

Origanalist
09-22-2013, 09:46 PM

Shit! I'm outta rep!

asurfaholic
09-23-2013, 04:27 AM
He is a kid man, cut him some slack.

He's 18 or 19.... Kid excuse doesn't work. He is a man. Why are you so defensive for him? Should he not get feedback when he posts things on a public forum? At what age does he stop being a kid? 30? Ever?

Here's the problem - his signature makes a statement of faith, but his posting history contradicts it. This is the reason why people like JCDenton can't take Christianity seriously. This is why God's image is being trashed and laughed at. There are hardly any authentic Christians. It's like pitting a "I'm a safe driver" sticker on the back of your car, then driving like a maniac through town. People are more likely to hold you responsible since you set that standard. Claiming to be a Christian then subsequently saying things that are not Christlike is extremely damaging to the Christian community as a whole. I think its better to quietly improve your understanding of the Bible while not sending hypocritical messages .

I don't claim to be perfect either, but I'm also not sporting the same sig either.

Antischism
09-23-2013, 05:13 AM

Police brutality, stop-and-frisks, and jail sentences against people of color are much higher than any other race. I think that's the gist of it. You're less likely to be stopped by a cop if you're white.

Anti Federalist
09-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Police brutality, stop-and-frisks, and jail sentences against people of color are much higher than any other race. I think that's the gist of it. You're less likely to be stopped by a cop if you're white.

This is true, but changing and not for the better.

Snew
09-23-2013, 07:26 AM
This is true, but changing and not for the better.
Yup.

For example, I unfortunately caught a bit of the Faux show "The Five" and they were explicitly defending the stop-and-frisk tactic. :mad:

kcchiefs6465
09-23-2013, 04:09 PM
A bigger factor than race is the city section you are in. I've been told more than once I lived in a warzone. Hence the pigs acted like soldiers, driving through people's lawns, attempting to run people over, beating people down, planting evidence, and trying to fight anyone who didn't look away as they passed. No joke. You look them in the eyes and they'll U Turn to try and fight you. You run and don't get away, the county jail probably won't want to accept your broken body for fear of you dying in their custody.

I'd be willing to bet the guy wasn't in the brightest Jacksonville neighborhood. Even whites frequently get beat down by the police in those areas. While there is no doubt an underlying issue of racial profiling, I doubt that most police are racist aside from seeing blue or something else.

Anti Federalist
09-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Yup.

For example, I unfortunately caught a bit of the Faux show "The Five" and they were explicitly defending the stop-and-frisk tactic. :mad:

Of course they were.

Pericles
09-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Yup.

That is the worst show on the network (I was going to say on TV, but I once watched Glee - it was against my will).