PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Arizona Wary of Legalization Campaign

Lucille
09-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Look who else is going to get in on some good old fashioned regulatory capture. Fascism: It's the American way!

I don't know what they're so worried about. Medical marijuana dispensaries will still be desirable to people, if they offer better products and expertise on strains and whatnot.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/09/20/owners-of-medical-marijuana-dispensarie

Owners of medical marijuana dispensaries in Arizona are concerned about the effect that the legalization of marijuana could have on their businesses if a legalization campaign run by the Marijuana Policy Project is successful.

From The Arizona Republic (http://reason.com/24-7/2013/09/20/owners-of-medical-marijuana-dispensaries):

Medical-marijuana dispensary operators are apprehensive about plans by a powerful marijuana-advocacy group to campaign for full legalization of the drug in Arizona.

The Marijuana Policy Project, a Washington, D.C.-based organization that advocates marijuana legalization and regulation, is a former ally of the dispensary owners, having played a key financial and public-relations role in passage of the state law that created the burgeoning medical-marijuana program.

klamath
09-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Of course the oppose it, the price they can charge plunges. All the growers around here sure a hell don't want full legalization because it sure won't pay them to truck compost and soil into a rocky poor soil area from a hundred miles away. Cuts into the big wads of cash they flout.

tod evans
09-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Of course the oppose it, the price they can charge plunges. All the growers around here sure a hell don't want full legalization because it sure won't pay them to truck compost and soil into a rocky poor soil area from a hundred miles away. Cuts into the big wads of cash they flout.

Folks who provide a quality product deserve to pocket "wads of cash"...

But nobody deserves to have government regulate their product!

This opinion carries over to big-pharm and street drug dealers too, get government out of all forms of medication!

klamath
09-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Folks who provide a quality product deserve to pocket "wads of cash"...

But nobody deserves to have government regulate their product!

This opinion carries over to big-pharm and street drug dealers too, get government out of all forms of medication! They get wads of cash because if the symbiotic relationship they have with law enforcement. In a free market MJ would not be worth more than a fine machine tool the can produce hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of goods.

tod evans
09-21-2013, 10:54 AM
In a free market MJ would not be worth more than a fine machine tool the can produce hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of goods.

I disagree, I think it would be worth far less than a fine tool.

"Medicine" whether for physical or psychological ailments has, throughout history, been less valuable to people than tools of their trade...

Either way government doesn't belong in the mix, not for regulation or taxation and especially not for enforcement!

klamath
09-21-2013, 11:04 AM
I disagree, I think it would be worth far less than a fine tool.

"Medicine" whether for physical or psychological ailments has, throughout history, been less valuable to people than tools of their trade...

Either way government doesn't belong in the mix, not for regulation or taxation and especially not for enforcement! re read what I wrote. Law enforcements selective eradication is the growers price subsidies.

tod evans
09-21-2013, 11:10 AM
re read what I wrote. Law enforcements selective eradication is the growers price subsidies.

That helps me comprehend your meaning.

I was unable to draw a correlation between "symbiotic relationship they have with law enforcement" and a cost comparison of tooling and weed..:o

"Selective eradication" does point toward price fixing and helps me grasp your point, thanks!