PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham, John McCain on the 'extreme fringes of American society,' says Justin Amash

jct74
09-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Lindsey Graham, John McCain on the 'extreme fringes of American society,' says Justin Amash

BY ASHE SCHOW | SEPTEMBER 20, 2013 AT 1:15 PM

Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich., told a crowd of libertarians Thursday that Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., "are on the extreme fringes of American society in terms of their views on war.”

Speaking at the Liberty Political Action Conference, Amash was responding to a question about Graham's request to seek military action against Iran as well as Syria.

“I’ve had a lot of town halls in my district — there is basically nobody who thinks like they do,” Amash said. “So, you know, it’s a very small percentage of the population and I think you can basically dismiss what they’re doing.”

Amash also spoke at length about his amendment that would have defunded the National Security Agency's program to collect massive stores of consumer telephone records and metadata from innocent Americans.

Amash said, “the Intelligence committee is not one of the branches of government, but that’s how it’s being treated.”

Specifically, Amash said that the classified briefings that members were encouraged to attend for information regarding the NSA surveillance program were more like “a game of 20 questions.”

“You ask a question and if you don’t ask it in the exact right way you don’t get the right answer,” Amash said.

read more:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-john-mccain-on-the-extreme-fringes-of-american-society-says-justin-amash/article/2536160

ClydeCoulter
09-20-2013, 10:26 PM
I agree, Justin :D

FSP-Rebel
09-21-2013, 10:45 AM