PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Dem Official tweets death wish for Cruz aide's children

Carlybee
09-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Democratic Official Allan Brauer Wishes Death on Ted Cruz Aide’s Children
Brauer serves as communications chair for Sacramento Democratic Party

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
September 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Allan Brauer, the communications chair for the Democratic Party of Sacramento, Calif., told an aide to Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Tex.) on Friday that he hoped her children “die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases.”

@amandacarpenter May your children all die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases.

— allanbrauer (@allanbrauer) September 20, 2013

He followed up the attack with a series of vicious tweets:

Busy blocking the tapeworms that have slithered out of hellspawn @amandacarpenter‘s asshole. How’s your day so far?

I’m being attacked on Twitter for wishing one of Ted Cruz’s pubic lice to experience the pain her boss is inflicting on Americans.

Brauer’s twitter bio says his tweets are “my own, not on behalf of any organization with which I work.”

A request for comment from the Sacramento Democratic Party was not returned.

Update: Under pressure for his incendiary tweets, Brauer apologized for wishing that the children of a political rival died a horrible death:

Hi @amandacarpenter I am truly sorry for my tweet. I was very upset and lashed out. Your kids are not fair game either. My apologies.

Update (2:13 p.m.): The California Democratic Party spokesman Tenoch Flores said “the problem” with attacks like wishing a painful death on the children of a political staffer is that it lets people like Sen. Ted Cruz “off the hook,” in a statement to Yahoo’s Chris Moody:

“The problem with this kind of rhetoric is that it lets fringe characters—those who are actively trying to shut down the government—like Ted Cruz, off the hook. It’s never acceptable to wish physical harm against political opponents, regardless of how objectionable their policy priorities are.”

http://freebeacon.com/democratic-official-allan-brauer-wishes-death-on-ted-cruz-aides-children/

JK/SEA
09-20-2013, 12:36 PM
this dude needs a visit from Karma...

kathy88
09-20-2013, 12:47 PM
If a Republican tweeted that shit it would be on every news show every channel for two weeks. There would be petitions calling for resignations. The IRS would be up their ass. Piers Morgan and Bill Maher would have a field day with it......

Keith and stuff
09-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Democratic Party Communications Director? Perhaps the worst person for the job.

CaseyJones
09-20-2013, 12:50 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?428232-Journalism-professor-says-he-hopes-for-murder-of-NRA-members-children
Journalism professor says he hopes for murder of NRA members' children

kathy88
09-20-2013, 12:55 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?428232-Journalism-professor-says-he-hopes-for-murder-of-NRA-members-children
Journalism professor says he hopes for murder of NRA members' children

Wow. I was looking for that one, thanks for posting the link. Is anyone else noticing the liberal comments on articles and blogs getting more and more hate filled?

ObiRandKenobi
09-20-2013, 12:55 PM
shhhhhhhhh ted cruz is the extremist here dontcha know.

TaftFan
09-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Peter King is mad too.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/gop-rep-peter-king-unloads-on-ted-cruz-he-should-keep-quiet/

Carlybee
09-20-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm not a huge Cruz fan but that was so inappropriate. Probably never hear about it outside the Repub leaning media though.

Carlybee
09-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Peter King is mad too.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/gop-rep-peter-king-unloads-on-ted-cruz-he-should-keep-quiet/

Peter King should move his warmongering ass to Ireland. Actually I wouldn't wish that on Ireland.

Christian Liberty
09-20-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm not a huge Cruz fan but that was so inappropriate. Probably never hear about it outside the Repub leaning media though.

I absolutely despise Ted Cruz, but I'm with you here as well. His kids aren't responsible for his actions (And whoever the heck she was probably wasn't attacking him for something that was actually bad either). I wouldn't wish death on Obama's children either...

Carlybee
09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
I absolutely despise Ted Cruz, but I'm with you here as well. His kids aren't responsible for his actions (And whoever the heck she was probably wasn't attacking him for something that was actually bad either). I wouldn't wish death on Obama's children either...

It was one of his staff members the guy said that about.

Pericles
09-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Democratic Party Communications Director? Perhaps the worst person for the job.

On the contrary - communicates clearly the beliefs and objectives of the organization.

Occam's Banana
09-21-2013, 01:00 AM
Update (2:13 p.m.): The California Democratic Party spokesman Tenoch Flores said “the problem” with attacks like wishing a painful death on the children of a political staffer is that it lets people like Sen. Ted Cruz “off the hook,” in a statement to Yahoo’s Chris Moody:

“The problem with this kind of rhetoric is that it lets fringe characters—those who are actively trying to shut down the government—like Ted Cruz, off the hook. It’s never acceptable to wish physical harm against political opponents, regardless of how objectionable their policy priorities are.”

So let me get this straight. Wishing a horrible death on someone's children is a bad thing - NOT because it evinces a foul, despicable, morally corrupt and evil mindset ... but because it "lets ... off the hook" someone you disagree with politically ...

Remember this the next time some asshole like Brauer or Flores tries to tell you how much he or she "cares" about people ...

MichaelDavis
09-21-2013, 01:42 AM
Tolerant liberals at work.

Aaaand he's out of here! http://twitchy.com/2013/09/20/death-wish-dem-allan-brauer-forced-to-resign/

Hilariously, Allen Brauer (Allen with an "e") hates liberals like Allan Brauer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/allenbrauer

kathy88
09-21-2013, 05:03 AM
The comments on that article are hysterical.

asurfaholic
09-21-2013, 05:37 AM
He's going to keep tweeting.

May he never get a job again as he shows a complete lack of professionalism.

QuickZ06
09-21-2013, 06:06 AM
So let me get this straight. Wishing a horrible death on someone's children is a bad thing - NOT because it evinces a foul, despicable, morally corrupt and evil mindset ... but because it "lets ... off the hook" someone you disagree with politically ...

Remember this the next time some asshole like Brauer or Flores tries to tell you how much he or she "cares" about people ...

We are living in very odd times.

cajuncocoa
09-21-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm remembering the hissy fit Dems threw because Sarah Palin put crosshairs on a map to target Congressional districts for GOP wins. :rolleyes: