PDA

View Full Version : Breaking : BBC : Navy Yard Incident : SWAT Tem ***ORDERED***To stand down

Contumacious
09-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Navy Yard: Swat team 'stood down' at mass shooting scene (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/24153252)

By Debbie Siegelbaum BBC News, Washington

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/69922000/jpg/_69922128_navyyard.jpg

One of the first teams of heavily armed police to respond to Monday's shooting in Washington DC was ordered to stand down by superiors, the BBC can reveal.

HUH?

WTF?

Can you say incompetence?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Neil Desmond
09-20-2013, 10:27 AM
One of the proposed explanations I've come across is that the decision may have had something to do with jurisdiction. The Navy Yard might be outside the jurisdiction of the US Capitol police.

Uriel999
09-20-2013, 10:43 AM
One of the proposed explanations I've come across is that the decision may have had something to do with jurisdiction. The Navy Yard might be outside the jurisdiction of the US Capitol police.

Screw that, if I would have been one of those officers I would have just gone ahead anyways and dropped that guy. Despite my dislike for cops I imagine many joined the police forces to save lives. Real heroes are not afraid to break the rules or refuse orders in order to protect and save lives.

UtahApocalypse
09-20-2013, 10:46 AM
They needed the shooter to do more damage.

Neil Desmond
09-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Screw that, if I would have been one of those officers I would have just gone ahead anyways and dropped that guy. Despite my dislike for cops I imagine many joined the police forces to save lives. Real heroes are not afraid to break the rules or refuse orders in order to protect and save lives.
I'm with you - the resources that were available should've been used. What's the point of not utilizing available resources, especially when lives are being taken?

Contumacious
09-20-2013, 03:19 PM

"A tactical response team of the Capitol Police, a force that guards the US Capitol complex, was told to leave the scene by a supervisor instead of aiding municipal officers.

The Capitol Police department has launched a review into the matter."

I don't believe that was the issue.

A fucking emergency and they are going to dispute jurisdiction.......hummmmmmmmm

And they want to disarm us because they can protect us.........

WM_in_MO
09-20-2013, 03:41 PM
The police aren't there to stop crime. They have no duty to protect.

They only cover their own asses and screw up investigations after the fact.