PDA

View Full Version : Peter King: "When Paul/Cruz/Lee fail in the Senate next week...."

RonPaulFanInGA
09-20-2013, 09:33 AM
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/09/20/peter-king-if-ted-cruz-cant-deliver-on-this-defunding-thing-he-should-keep-quiet-from-now-on/

“When Ted Cruz and Rand Paul or Mike Lee fail in the Senate next week, maybe finally we Republicans will have ended their influence.”

https://twitter.com/frankthorpNBC/status/381049596358561792

Peter King (R-NY) on today's CR vote: "Hopefully it will be a major step in letting people know that Ted Cruz is a fraud"

jkr
09-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Peter King is a traitor his opinion is immaterial

mit26chell
09-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Jesus, will he shut the fuck up already?!

CaseyJones
09-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Pigs will squeal

JCDenton0451
09-20-2013, 10:01 AM
As far as I'm aware Paul isn't supporting this effort to defund Obamacare. It's just Cruz and Lee.

Bastiat's The Law
09-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Peter King is deplorable.

jllundqu
09-20-2013, 10:06 AM
As far as I'm aware Paul isn't supporting this effort to defund Obamacare. It's just Cruz and Lee.

This...

Why are they lumping Paul in with Cruz and Lee?

erowe1
09-20-2013, 10:11 AM

No, let him go on. Keep the battle lines in the public eye and make the voters choose a side.

JCDenton0451
09-20-2013, 10:13 AM
This...

To try and paint Paul dumber and more radical than he really is?

Anyway, I think King will end up hurting his own cause, if he keeps talking like this. The more time he spends bashing Cruz, the harder Conservatives will hate King, and everything he stands for, including his views on national security.

ObiRandKenobi
09-20-2013, 10:15 AM

haha pretty much.

torchbearer
09-20-2013, 10:15 AM

that is not what Paul said on Hannity last night.

JCDenton0451
09-20-2013, 10:21 AM
that is not what Paul said on Hannity last night.

Pffff. Are you really going to take seriously the statements he makes on Hannity or Alex Jones show for that matter? There is a difference between throwing red meat to base, and actually participating in the effort to force government shutdown.

torchbearer
09-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Pffff. Are you really going to take seriously the statements he makes on Hannity or Alex Jones show for that matter? There is a difference between throwing red meat to base, and actually participating in the effort to force government shutdown.

it sounded like part of his plan and position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1XA5TbbsJaE

JCDenton0451
09-20-2013, 10:33 AM
His "plan" is to achieve some sort of compromise between the Senate and the House to defund parts of Obamacare. But is he actively lobbying in Congress to make this plan a reality? To me it looks like he sitting this one out essentially.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing. I approve. Government shutdown is the dumbest thing ever.

CaptUSA
09-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Government shutdown is the dumbest thing ever.

Are you on the right site?!

Brian4Liberty
09-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Peter King
“When Ted Cruz and Rand Paul or Mike Lee fail in the Senate next week, maybe finally we Republicans Trotskyite Democrats will have ended their influence.”

Fixed that for King.

JCDenton0451
09-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Read my comments history. I'm not a zealot.

CaptUSA
09-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Read my comments history. I'm not a zealot.;)

Todd
09-20-2013, 10:56 AM
His "plan" is to achieve some sort of compromise between the Senate and the House to defund parts of Obamacare. But is he actively lobbying in Congress to make this plan a reality? To me it looks like he sitting this one out essentially.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing. I approve. Government shutdown is the dumbest thing ever.

Yes what would we ever do if we couldn't spend a couple billion dollars daily and pass any new regulations?

erowe1
09-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Government shutdown is the dumbest thing ever.

Why?

RonPaulFanInGA
09-20-2013, 11:02 AM

I have, and you seem like a zealot for legalized abortion. You even bring it up when it has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

AlexAmore
09-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Shutting down the government would probably hurt the Republican party's public relations.....but that's because the public is dumb, not the shut down.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Shutting down the government would probably hurt the Republican party's public relations.....but that's because the public is dumb, not the shut down.

Right. The GOP is still skittish from the last time; it's widely thought that Clinton won the P.R. battle.

FSP-Rebel
09-20-2013, 11:45 AM

Brian4Liberty
09-20-2013, 12:18 PM

matt0611
09-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I've seen Rand's position on this in interviews many many times.

Rand is for repealing Obamacare.

If that is not possible then Rand is for defunding Obamacare.

Rand says that house can do that but the Senate will most likely not pass that as is so then the Senate should come up with a compromise with the house that delays some parts (or all) of Obamacare.

What is so wrong with this position?

Seems logical and not at all radical to me.

kathy88
09-20-2013, 12:41 PM

THIS is why some have trouble with Rand. He panders. Necessary? Maybe. But we were used to Ron who would have told it like it is and not given a shit. Will Rand get further, of course.

Carlybee
09-20-2013, 12:43 PM

I got this email from him:

Rand Paul for Senate 2016

Dear

Everyone from small business owners to Big Labor bosses can see the “train wreck” coming.

In fact, that’s how one of my Democratic colleagues here in the U.S. Senate described the coming ObamaCare fiasco not long ago.

Yet some want you and me to believe they support repealing this outrageous boondoggle – while voting to fund it with our tax dollars!

I don’t know about you, but I believe actions speak louder than words.

I have a simple message on ObamaCare:

"If you fund it, you own it!"

With the U.S. House set to vote on a continuing resolution to fund the government, NOW is the time to act.

Click to sign

That's why I need your help right away to turn up the heat on your representative to take action to defund ObamaCare.

Opponents of ObamaCare must try to stop having it both ways – and stop being afraid of their own shadows.

Instead of trying to appear like they’re fighting, why don’t they actually fight?

If you agree, won’t you please sign your NO FUNDING FOR OBAMACARE Petition IMMEDIATELY?

RonPaulFanInGA
09-20-2013, 12:47 PM
THIS is why some have trouble with Rand. He panders. Necessary? Maybe. But we were used to Ron who would have told it like it is and not given a shit.

And the myth that Ron Paul never played politics rears its ugly head again.

TaftFan
09-20-2013, 12:58 PM

The only people who will shut down the government are the Democrats if they don't pass the budget.

Deborah K
09-20-2013, 01:05 PM

What government shut down? They intend to fund all other parts of the budget - just not Obamacare. Don't believe the hyperbole.

klamath
09-20-2013, 01:09 PM
THIS is why some have trouble with Rand. He panders. Necessary? Maybe. But we were used to Ron who would have told it like it is and not given a shit. Will Rand get further, of course.Ron played politics QUITE well. He brought home the bacon for his constituents with earmarks. He voted for the AUMF to save his seat. His first ran for congress he used an ad against his democratic opponent saying he was soft on crime and people would be murdered in their bed. His scream ad. He made sure veterans got medals for wars he thought were wrong.
Yes he pandered to keep his seat. The meme that Ron never played politics is flat out wrong. He played it a hell of lot less the all other congressmen but politics he did play.

anaconda
09-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Can someone enlighten me as to what Cruz is "supposed to deliver on" regarding Obamacare in the Senate? I thought the Cruz/Lee/Paul defund rhetoric was to inspire the House vote on the appropriations? And that the Senate has a Democratic majority. I'm confused.

sluggo
09-20-2013, 05:04 PM
And if they fail, at least voters will know which REPUBLICANS to blame.

Brett85
09-20-2013, 07:01 PM

He is a liberal/progressive.

Christian Liberty
09-20-2013, 08:52 PM
And the myth that Ron Paul never played politics rears its ugly head again.

OK, Ron sometimes endorsed crappy people, but the only things I've ever seen him support that were unconstitutional were some Federal anti-abortion laws, and I know there are some people here who do not agree with me that those are not Constititutional. And even then, he didn't really violate any libertarian principle by those votes, just a constitutional one.

Rand Paul has compromised more than Ron has, IMO. He's still a net good, but don't be afraid to hold his feet to the fire, either.

I don't agree with Ron on every issue either. Occasionally he was just wrong. And when he's wrong, I'll call him out just like I would anyone else.

Occam's Banana
09-20-2013, 11:11 PM

I very much hope not. I sincerely hope that he continues making an obstinate ass of himself ...

MichaelDavis
09-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Can we just pretend this guy doesn't exist? He is delusional if he thinks he will ever become President of the United States.

speciallyblend
09-21-2013, 06:39 AM
This...

whoever doesn't fight to defund obamacare is useless in my eyes! lost me on the failed drug war and now he will not stand to defund obamacare. glad i am not bothering to be a gop delegate this go around.

obamacare is nothing more then thievery and blackmail! anyone supporting obamacare or not standing against it is helping it by proxy.

obamacare is simple thievery!

asurfaholic
09-21-2013, 07:16 AM
whoever doesn't fight to defund obamacare is useless in my eyes! lost me on the failed drug war and now he will not stand to defund obamacare. glad i am not bothering to be a gop delegate this go around.

obamacare is nothing more then thievery and blackmail! anyone supporting obamacare or not standing against it is helping it by proxy.

obamacare is simple thievery!

Rand is doing more to end the drug war than anyone in congress right now? what do you want him to do, roll up a doobie and smoke it on fox news?

lib3rtarian
09-21-2013, 07:32 AM
To try and paint Paul dumber and more radical than he really is?

Anyway, I think King will end up hurting his own cause, if he keeps talking like this. The more time he spends bashing Cruz, the harder Conservatives will hate King, and everything he stands for, including his views on national security.

This. I am actually loving it that he is going after Cruz. The base loves Cruz more than Rand IMO and they wouldn't stand for the Cruz-bashing, especially on a top they all agree that Cruz is right - defunding Obamacare vs. King going after Rand on a topic the base is ambivalent on - the warfare state. The earlier King is hated and discredited amongst the base, the better. He is not going to take anything away from Christie/Jeb Bush supporters either, if they are sane. If King decides to continue to run, he will end up with just a sliver of support - the "wars-before-everything-else" crowd, a la McCain and Graham. But maybe he even won't get that support, because those crowd can get their wars from Christie/Jeb Bush too. So why go with a loser..

Occam's Banana
09-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Rand is doing more to end the drug war than anyone in congress right now? what do you want him to do, roll up a doobie and smoke it on fox news?

If he blows the smoke in Bill O'Reilly's face, that's a definite and resounding "YES!!!"

RonPaulFanInGA
09-21-2013, 10:18 AM
lost me on the failed drug war and now he will not stand to defund obamacare. glad i am not bothering to be a gop delegate this go around.

The fail is strong with this post.

erowe1
09-21-2013, 10:23 AM

I think speciallyblend took offense to something Rand said about states being able to have their own drug laws. He was hoping Rand would promise that as president he would invade any states that prosecuted drug dealers and implement regime change with the federal military.

FSP-Rebel
09-21-2013, 10:33 AM
I think speciallyblend took offense to something Rand said about states being able to have their own drug laws. He was hoping Rand would promise that as president he would invade any states that prosecuted drug dealers and implement regime change with the federal military.
Rand has said that WA and CO should be able to do what they want on drug policy and Holder isn't going after them. So by default, this is how the drug war will eventually wind down from the feds. Why should Rand stake out a blue meat position here when his carefully chosen red meat one does the job? Again, it's another classic example of someone bending over backwards doing a rolling donut because they aren't getting the precise lingo out of Rand as they got from Ron yet it's all the same in the end. The discussion about states rights regarding drug policy and abandoning mandatory minimums is all thanks to Rand and yet those that stand to gain the most on this are off in the twilight zone.