PDA

View Full Version : 12 people, including 3-year-old, shot at South Side park

enhanced_deficit
09-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Another mass shooting 2 days after Navy Yard shooting:

12 people, including 3-year-old, shot at South Side park

By Peter Nickeas and Jeremy Gorner Tribune reporters 12:06 a.m. CDT, September 20, 2013

Twelve people, including a 3-year-old child, were shot at a Chicago park in the Back of the Yards neighborhood Thursday night, authorities said.
Ten adults and the 3-year-old were transported by Fire Department ambulances after in the attack in the 1800 block of West 51st Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood, said Fire Department Deputy District Chief James Mungovan. A 12th victim was believed to have driven himself to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, a source said, citing preliminary information.
Three of the victims, including the child, were taken to local hospitals in serious-to-critical condition, according to the Fire Department's news office. Four were in fair-to-serious condition, and four were in good-to-fair condition, according to the Fire Department. Victims were taken to hospitals including Northwestern Memorial Hospital, John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital, and Mount Sinai, Holy Cross and St. Anthony hospitals.
A witness at the scene said three police officers carried the child to an ambulance.
"I didn't hear no sounds," from the child, he said.
The attack took place about about 10:15 p.m. and fire officials called an Emergency Medical Services Plan II, sending at least 10 ambulances to the scene.
A total of at least 11 people were shot, including the 3-year-old, who was shot in the face, according to a source.
As of 11 p.m., Police News Affairs could only confirm that multiple people were shot at the location.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-multiple-people-including-3yearold-shot-in-south-side-attack-20130919,0,352520.story

Cutlerzzz
09-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Mass shootings in Chicago and D.C.? Impossible!

thoughtomator
09-20-2013, 12:31 AM
My source at CNN says this is "not news".

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-20-2013, 12:51 AM
Deaths and homicides in the ghetto are unimportant. Only deaths and homicides which further Government propaganda and aims are to be reported. Send enhanced_deficit to the Gulag at once!

Remember, some of the pigs are more equal than others (Gab. Giffords in this case represents about a few hundred thousand folks - can't have that thought in peoples heads that dear leaders are as important as your next door neighbor joe schmoe).

MRK
09-20-2013, 12:51 AM
Where's the media outrage?

aGameOfThrones
09-20-2013, 12:59 AM
What's this the onion?

fr33
09-20-2013, 06:52 AM
I wonder if it will be reported on as extensively. Right now it's 3rd from the top on Google News for me.

Antischism
09-20-2013, 07:52 AM
South Side? Not surprised. Chicago is pretty segregated, where you have the gang bangers and poor people sort of cast off to specific areas and locked in a zone whereas the better parts of Chicago are border-secured pretty much by the pigs. No one wants to do anything about it, so the solution has been to just let them kill each other and allow the decent people living there to become victims. It's definitely a gang violence and economic issue. Hopefully people won't try to blame guns or video games yet again.

Unfortunately, not many people want to tackle the way the media has been depicting African Americans for decades now. Or how mainstream/major record labels have been selling the "gangsta" and "thug life" image to young kids, as if that's specifically what being an African American entails. This produces a self-perpetuating problem and a world where if you don't "act" or "talk black," you're seen as being weird. The gang culture and media feed off of each other and the War on Drugs promotes these senseless killings. A lot of gang activity and violence related to it would diminish greatly if we put an end to the War on Drugs. Not only that, but families wouldn't be torn apart due to cops racially profiling and targeting minorities for drug possession, locking them up in cages and crowding our prisons.

It's so fucking frustrating how corrupt and broken our system is, and the answers are so obvious for a lot of these issues.

I can't see this getting much coverage on the television.

Snew
09-20-2013, 07:52 AM
The ghetto might as well not exist in the MSM :(

GunnyFreedom
09-20-2013, 08:32 AM
I wonder why all these shootings keep happening where people are not allowed by law to defend themselves? :confused:

JK/SEA
09-20-2013, 08:54 AM
I wonder why all these shootings keep happening where people are not allowed by law to defend themselves? :confused:

i was wondering the same thing as i was inspecting and cleaning my guns yesterday.

HOLLYWOOD
09-20-2013, 10:45 AM
See how fast shootings will be stopped, if those shootings were in north side parks of Chicago... say, Winetka, Kenilworth, Glen Coe, & Highland Park. Rahm would call out the National Guard if their were shootings on the north side wealth towns.

Appears Marxists media is still playing the people, they just don't know it.

dannno
09-20-2013, 11:42 AM
South Side? Not surprised. Chicago is pretty segregated, where you have the gang bangers and poor people sort of cast off to specific areas and locked in a zone whereas the better parts of Chicago are border-secured pretty much by the pigs.

Where did the Winslows live?

invisible
09-20-2013, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=Antischism;5233848
Unfortunately, not many people want to tackle the way the media has been depicting African Americans for decades now. Or how mainstream/major record labels have been selling the "gangsta" and "thug life" image to young kids, as if that's specifically what being an African American entails. This produces a self-perpetuating problem and a world where if you don't "act" or "talk black," you're seen as being weird.[/QUOTE]

Sad, but true. It's up to us, as individuals, to combat this. On a recent jobsite, a black family lived across the street. Decent, friendly, working class people who smiled, waved, and exchanged greetings as we passed each other coming and going. Their family included two boys of roughly 7-8 years old. One day they were making water balloons, so as they passed by, I remarked that I hoped they had found a good target. They sneered and responded "you", before running off. They often dribbled and passed a volleyball back and forth, shooting at an imaginary basket on the wall of their house. When I found an old basketball among the debris to be thrown out, I saved it, and the next time I saw them, I told them that I had something for them, and asked if they wanted it. The response was a sneer from one, and a puzzled look from the other. I grabbed the basketball, returned, and held it out to them, telling them that they could have it if they wanted it. They grabbed it and ran off without saying a word. Their demeanor changed shortly after that. I told them that since they now had a real basketball, they needed a hoop. They responded that they didn't have any money to buy one, so I offered to help them make one. "How?", they eagerly responded. I explained that it could be done with an old bucket and a board, and that I had everything they would need, if they wanted to learn how to do it. Suddenly everything was all "please" and "thank you". Over the next few days, as I ran into them, I showed them how to lay out and drill the holes in a junk piece of plywood, cut the bottom out of an old 5 gallon bucket, paint the board with some leftover paint, and attach the basket and hang it. Over the weeks, their attitude went from one of contempt, to one of grateful appreciation and respect. Hopefully they took away the lesson that not all white people are an enemy or will treat them poorly, and hopefully that lesson will stay with them through the years. It CAN be done, but it takes an effort on an individual level, and it has to be done before that cultural bias sets in too deeply.

Red Green
09-20-2013, 01:18 PM
If Obama had had a kid's pick-up game, it might look like.... er, nevermind.

Dr.3D
09-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Where's the media outrage?
Maybe there was no mention of an AR15 so the media doesn't care.

TonySutton
09-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Gang violence

mad cow
09-20-2013, 01:45 PM

Chicago police: Assault-style rifle used in attack

http://www.jsonline.com/news/usandworld/national/boy-3-among-12-injured-in-chicago-park-shootinge6e3f6ffca1e43b1ac60ec62ef193643-224525941.html

Dr.3D
09-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Chicago police: Assault-style rifle used in attack

http://www.jsonline.com/news/usandworld/national/boy-3-among-12-injured-in-chicago-park-shootinge6e3f6ffca1e43b1ac60ec62ef193643-224525941.html
Well, the liberals are rather slow on the uptake then. Give em a little more time.

Pericles
09-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Yeah, AR15s are so bad ass that if we only had those in the Vietnam War, we would have kicked ass ....

Dr.3D
09-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah, AR15s are so bad ass that if we only had those in the Vietnam War, we would have kicked ass ....
Yep, those nasty M16s were no where near as good. LOL

enhanced_deficit
09-20-2013, 04:00 PM
It is promising that no one brought up "Obama's sons" in this discussion.

BTW which part of Chicago First Pupppet used to live in before he was recruited by neecons and before he disowned his Pastor and mentor Rev Wright?.

enhanced_deficit
09-21-2013, 11:35 AM
My source at CNN says this is "not news".

Why not.

Pericles
09-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Why not.

Because more people in Chicago are going to be shot this weekend. News is when it is unusual.

enhanced_deficit
09-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Because more people in Chicago are going to be shot this weekend. News is when it is unusual.

Ok gotcha.
That is pretty sad state for the windy city.

BlackTerrel
09-21-2013, 01:54 PM
It is promising that no one brought up "Obama's sons" in this discussion.

I was actually wondering why you posted this story when it didn't fit your usual MO. Threw me off for a second.

If you want to make a comment or a cheap shot just be a man and do it in post #1. Don't hope that someone else brings it and wait to post #22 to try and make your point.

BlackTerrel
09-21-2013, 01:57 PM
I wonder if it will be reported on as extensively. Right now it's 3rd from the top on Google News for me.

Why is about the same level of interest it will get on RPF.

Why does the Navy Yard Shooter get 10X the coverage of this shooting?

It's disingenuous to complain about the MSM ignoring these stories when this forum usually ignores these stories as well.

The truth is this is sadly routine and routine events don't get much coverage (on RPF or the MSM).

MichaelDavis
09-21-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm goin' down to South Side Park
gonna have myself a time.

Friendly faces everywhere
humble folks without temptation.

Goin' down to South Side Park
gonna leave my woes behind.

Ample parking day or night,
people spouting HOWDY NEIGHBOR!

Heading on up to South Side Park
gonna see if I can't unwind.

*Kenny*

So come on down to South Side Park
and meet some friends of mine!

FloralScent
09-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Chicago is pretty segregated, where you have the gang bangers and poor people sort of cast off to specific areas and locked in a zone whereas the better parts of Chicago are border-secured pretty much by the pigs.

It's nice to finally hear a story about cops making themselves useful. Thanks for that. ;)