PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Leave Benghazi Hearing Before Testimony From Families of Victims

CaseyJones
09-19-2013, 02:49 PM
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/09/19/spitting-on-their-graves-democrats-leave-benghazi-hearing-before-testimony-from-benghazi-families-n1704732

During the second portion of a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing about Benghazi Thursday on Capitol Hill, the majority of Democrats on the Committee left the room and refused to listen to the testimony of Patricia Smith and Charles Woods. Ms. Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the 9/11 Benghazi attack. Charles Woods is the father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was also killed.

The far side of the room, shown empty in the photo, belongs to the Democrats. The only Democrats who stayed were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier.

jkr
09-19-2013, 02:55 PM
THE
PARTY
OF
THE
LIL
GUY

Lucille
09-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Probably because it's a "phony scandal (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/07/31/carney_identifies_which_scandals_obama_thinks_are_ phony_benghazi_and_irs.html)."

MARK KNOLLER, CBS NEWS: Jay, in his speech again yesterday, President Obama mentioned the phony scandals that are part of an endless parade of distractions. Can you tell us what phony scandals he’s talking about?

JAY CARNEY: I think we all remember a few weeks ago when Washington was consumed with a variety of issues that, while in some cases significant, there was an effort underway to turn them into partisan scandals. I don’t think anybody here would doubt that. And what we’ve seen as time has passed and more facts have become known -- whether it’s about the attacks in Benghazi and the talking points, or revelations about conduct at the IRS -- that attempts to turn this into a scandal have failed.

ClydeCoulter
09-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Because, they know the power of the emotional plea, the one that they will be teaching our children to use against one another in the new Common Core curriculum.

muh_roads
09-19-2013, 03:36 PM
This is connected to Hillary and 2016. They don't want to be part of anything that would make her look bad. Which is why she retired as Secretary of State to go into hiding for a while hoping people forget about this major cock-up/inside job.

If a republican caused this fuck up, it would be the neocons leaving the room and the democrats would stay pretending to care.

Neil Desmond
09-20-2013, 07:35 AM
My House district's seat is occupied by that piece of crap Gerald Connolly. He DOES NOT represent me and my interests, particularly with this behavior. I wish it had someone else other than him there - someone acceptable and deserving of that seat. I feel ashamed and feel like I want to apologize for failing to prevent him from gaining access to it.