PDA

View Full Version : What to include with the handwritten letters for the Iowans?

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
I will be writing 40 letter to the Iowa republican voters. I have received the addresses for 20 from 1 person and 20 from another. I will be hand writing these and will also be including the good Dr.'s statement of faith. Is there anything else that I should include with these? Thank you.

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Bump

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 03:29 PM
What about the text of the sanctity of life bill and the we the peoples act along with some notes about what each would do?

jpinkerton
11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Good question, BUMP.

kotetu
11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
If you've got 40 slim jims, you could include those.

The important thing is to come off as very friendly, warm, and caring, and direct them to Ron's website.

If they feel good enough about your letter to go to the website, it's almost certain that they will support Paul.

Aaron

JerzieJennie
11-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure it's okay to put official campaign material into letters that Ron Paul is not paying for. Anyone know the technicality on that? It's probably fine - just thought I'd ask.

I know for advertising, etc., its forbidden to use official campaign materials.

With the Ames letters, I included my own typed out strip of paper - short, sweet, and to the point.

:)

literatim
11-28-2007, 03:42 PM
A Pro-Life Slim Jim and a burned copy of this DVD (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39183&highlight=pastor).

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM
What about the text of the sanctity of life bill and the we the peoples act along with some notes about what each would do?

Bump for this idea

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 03:44 PM
A Pro-Life Slim Jim and a burned copy of this DVD (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39183&highlight=pastor).

I would love to send that DVD. I do not have a DVD burner however.

literatim
11-28-2007, 03:46 PM
I would love to send that DVD. I do not have a DVD burner however.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151153

Dorfsmith
11-28-2007, 03:46 PM
I put slim jims in with my letters. I made sure to tell them about www.ronpaullibrary.org in the letter.

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151153

Wow! I had no idea that they were that cheap. I have an Apple laptop, I wonder if that would work?

Energy
11-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Burn DVD's and stuff them.

In the letter, include links to sites with video for those with internet (e.g. ronpaulishope.com).

jpinkerton
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow! I had no idea that they were that cheap. I have an Apple laptop, I wonder if that would work?

No, you'd need a compatible external one.

DealzOnWheelz
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
You don't want to over do it.

I think your best bet is just the letter and a bumper sticker.

It's kind of like picking up a girl... Let me elaborate

If you explain to a girl the first time you meet her all of your life story you don't leave her wanting more; but if you just give some little tidbits and leave a little mystery it creates an impulse to want to find out more.

That is the goal.

Plus I was told by someone at the campaign That when a person goes on their own and watches 5 minutes or more of Ron Paul video 75% are going to support him and then 1% of them will donate time & money.

The other big thing is if you put a whole bunch of stuff in there it increases postage cost and overwhelms them... Don't show all your cards before the RIVER.

And it shouldn't seem like the campaign is doing this we want it to seem like ordinary people are just trying to get the name out.

It's free to put youtube links on the letter and links to other sites.

akovacs
11-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I think including a DVD is a good idea, and maybe a slim jim, but that's all. I think sending the bumper sticker is kind of presumptuous.

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
You don't want to over do it.

I think your best bet is just the letter and a bumper sticker.

It's kind of like picking up a girl... Let me elaborate

If you explain to a girl the first time you meet her all of your life story you don't leave her wanting more; but if you just give some little tidbits and leave a little mystery it creates an impulse to want to find out more.

That is the goal.

Plus I was told by someone at the campaign That when a person goes on their own and watches 5 minutes or more of Ron Paul video 75% are going to support him and then 1% of them will donate time & money.

The other big thing is if you put a whole bunch of stuff in there it increases postage cost and overwhelms them... Don't show all your cards before the RIVER.

And it shouldn't seem like the campaign is doing this we want it to seem like ordinary people are just trying to get the name out.

It's free to put youtube links on the letter and links to other sites.

Makes sense. Thanks

clayton
11-28-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but is there a good way to get a list of addresses and names to do something like this?

Dorfsmith
11-28-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but is there a good way to get a list of addresses and names to do something like this?

I got mine from my meetup leader but there is a thead somewhere around here with info. Anybody have that info close by?

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I got mine from my meetup leader but there is a thead somewhere around here with info. Anybody have that info close by?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40590