PDA

View Full Version : The republican party maybe forcing RP's hand to run third party

klamath
11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Judging by this Zogby poll the republicans aren't going to give up on this endless war.
I thought that once they saw RP's stand on all the issues they would be supporting him but this poll is disapointing in getting the republican nonination but sure gives strong support for a third party run.

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1391

Zogby Poll: Giuliani Leads Among Republicans in Latest Blind Bio Survey

Survey pits resumes of former New York mayor against those of Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, and Fred Thompson

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, long the favorite in nationwide samples of likely Republican voters in the 2008 race for the party's presidential nomination, has the strongest resume of four top contenders, a new Zogby International survey shows.

The telephone survey, known as a “blind bio” poll because likely voters are given details of the candidates’ resumes without their names attached, shows Giuliani wins 34% support, compared to 22% each for Thompson and Romney. Ron Paul, who has surged recently in polls and has a significant online following, came in last with 13% support, while 9% said they were undecided on the question.

Only those four candidates were included in the question, which was commissioned by Jones Productions, a media company based in Austin, Texas. The survey included 389 likely Republican primary or caucus voters and was conducted Nov. 14–17, 2007. It carries a margin of error of +/– 5.1 percentage points.

The blind bio question was also posed to a larger pool of 1,009 likely voters nationwide, including Democrats and independents, and Paul was the big winner among that universe of voters, winning 33%, compared to 19% for Giuliani, 15% for Romney, and 13% for Thompson.

reaver
11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Thats a big difference between one blind bio survey and another.

Danny Molina
11-28-2007, 02:43 PM
They probably threw in the 9/11 line that they used in the last poll. HE DID NOTHING ON 9/11 BUT POSE FOR PICTURES!!!

DRV45N05
11-28-2007, 02:45 PM
The GOP has two options right now: nominate Paul and compete with the DNC, or denigrate him and have him run as a Libertarian and cost them the election. It looks like right now they have chosen the latter.

klamath
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
I would have thought that it was just an biased attempt to show RP low but for the nationwide survey of all voters that shows him winning by a large margin.

jesshwarren
11-28-2007, 02:55 PM
That poll was rigged. Don't belive a WORD of it.

Menthol Patch
11-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Ron Paul is going to win the Republican nomination.

Please stop talking about third party runs.

Ron Paul has said over and over again he will not run as a third party candidate or an independent!

Paulitician
11-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, Ron Paul is not going to run on a third party/independent ticket. Period. Conspiracy theories about it doesn't mean anything. Speculation is meaningless. Stop bringing up the topic.

Menthol Patch
11-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, Ron Paul is not going to run on a third party/independent ticket. Period. Conspiracy theories about it doesn't mean anything. Speculation is meaningless. Stop bringing up the topic.

I totally agree!

scrosnoe
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
and I support Ron Paul and I say we win this thing straight up - no brokered convention even.

Target: 60% of the vote nationwide and take the majority of the delegate slots as well.

Kick it into high gear folks - we have some grassroots campaigning to do!

Oh yes, and as Ron Paul would say - Have some fun in the process! :D

me3
11-28-2007, 03:09 PM
It would make sense for the GOP to push him 3rd party, they know the momentum of this one campaign will die in a 3rd party campaign.

They are the gatekeepers, and they don't want anyone tunneling into the Palace.

That's why Dr. Paul has to stay focused on the Republican nomination.

Meatwasp
11-28-2007, 03:16 PM
That poll was rigged. Don't belive a WORD of it.

How do you know that? The thing is it is good news for Paul when he was polled that high amongst Dems. and Independents when they were added

klamath
11-28-2007, 03:23 PM

Well I have always been against a third party run as I felt it was useless. There is nothing about a conspiracy here. I don't think that stalling at 8% in NH is very encouraging. There is movement on hucks side and I am seeing that even in meetup groups here in CA. I have my own focus group of family and friends that are long time Republican voters. This is what I am hearing: RP comes across as crazy, He can't win, he is going down in the polls. I was just on a tele town hall meeting with my long time republican congressman. He polled the 600 people online if it was ok to torture noncitizens and 80% thought it was great. This is the district RP has to win in order for me to go to the convention as a delegate!
I just got an email from a friend I thought I had convinced to vote for rp, saying how we can't afford to lose this war against 300 million muslim terrorists.
I hate being negative but it is not looking good to get the republican nonmination but I was encouraged that in a general election RP was winning.