PDA

View Full Version : Did Rudy share Paul's abortion postion?

Bradley in DC
11-28-2007, 02:30 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/11/28/questions-about-romneys-south-carolina-abortion-mailer/#more-3377

In a 2005 Boston Globe op-ed, Romney wrote that he is "pro-life" but said that "while the nation remains so divided over abortion, I believe that the states, through the democratic process, should determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate."

steph3n
11-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Rudy or romney?

Paulitician
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Rudy or romney?
:confused: I was scratching my head on this one too. :D

Anyway, yes, I think since Ron Paul has made it clear from the very beginning that it's a "state issue" candidates like Romney, Giuliani and Thompson are more willing to adopt that rhetoric, and say "oh, see I'm conservative... I'm a federalist!"

I was watching Meet The Press this weekend, and when they were discussing issues that matter to conservative Republicans, they never once mentioned Ron Paul's stance on anything. On abortion: mentioned how Fred Thompson got the edorsement by that one pro-life organization, but never mentioned that Ron Paul has the exact same position, except that he's actually delived 4,000 babies and he's never lobbied for abortion rights. On immigration: of course, McCain, Romney and Giuliani are liberals on this issue (and now we know Huck is too), they never mentioned Ron Paul's great plan on it, but then again maybe it's too complex for these idiots. On 2nd amendment: again, they push Thompson but Ron Paul has a much better record. Basically, on ever conservative (save the very social) issue out there, Ron Paul has the best, most consisent record, and they were discussing Iowa, where the majority want us out of Iraq (but they managed to leave that out), but he was never mentioned. Except, he was mentioned once by that one democrat who used to be a co-host of Crossfire did mention that he thought the Ron Paul revolution is really on fire, we're going to make 12 million dollars this quarter, and he could see us going somewhere. His wife though, sitting next to him, said "you don't know anything about the Republican party."

It boggles the mind.