PDA

View Full Version : Katrina Kops get new trial...

tod evans
09-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Anyone want to take bets about what's really going on here?:mad:

Judge orders new trial for New Orleans police officers in post-Katrina shooting

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/18/judge-orders-new-trial-for-new-orleans-police-officers-in-post-katrina-shooting/?intcmp=latestnews

— Sal Perricone and Jan Mann —
http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/2012/11/11803378-mmmain.jpg

A federal judge on Tuesday ordered a new trial for five former New Orleans police officers convicted of civil rights violations stemming from deadly shootings on a bridge after Hurricane Katrina, concluding the case had been tainted by "grotesque prosecutorial misconduct."
In a 129-page ruling, U.S. District Judge Kurt Engelhardt said at least three government attorneys posted anonymous comments on a New Orleans newspaper's website, creating a "carnival atmosphere" that perverted justice in the case.
"The public must have absolute trust and confidence in this process," he wrote. "Re-trying this case is a very small price to pay in order to protect the validity of the verdict in this case, the institutional integrity of this court, and the criminal justice system as a whole."
Less than a week after Katrina's 2005 landfall, police shot and killed two unarmed people and wounded four others on the Danziger Bridge. Five former officers cooperated with a Justice Department investigation and pleaded guilty to engaging in a cover-up to make the shootings appear justified.
After a jury convicted five other former officers in 2011, their attorneys argued that prosecutors' online comments and leaks to news organizations were part of a "secret public relations campaign" that deprived their clients of a fair trial.
Engelhardt granted their request for a new trial, though he called it a "bitter pill to swallow."
"The government's actions, and initial lack of candor and credibility thereafter, is like scar tissue that will long evidence infidelity to the principles of ethics, professionalism, and basic fairness and common sense necessary to every criminal prosecution, wherever it should occur in this country," he wrote.
Former police Sgts. Kenneth Bowen and Robert Gisevius and former officers Anthony Villavaso and Robert Faulcon had been convicted of charges related to the shooting and cover-up. Retired Sgt. Arthur "Archie" Kaufman, who was assigned by the Police Department to investigate the case, wasn't charged in the shootings but was convicted of orchestrating the cover-up. Engelhardt sentenced them to prison terms that ranged from six to 65 years. All five are serving those sentences.
Villavaso's attorney, Tim Meche, said he hopes the Justice Department re-evaluates whether the case should be retried. "The judge's opinion validates our belief that this case was a perversion of justice," Meche said.
Justice Department spokeswoman Dena Iverson said prosecutors were disappointed.
"We are reviewing the decision and considering our options," she said in a statement.
Prosecutors said Faulcon fatally shot 40-year-old Ronald Madison, a mentally disabled man, in the back on the west side of the bridge as he and his brother ran from gunfire on the bridge's east side, where 17-year-old James Brissette had been shot and killed by police.
Romell Madison, one of Ronald's brothers, said the family is "extremely disappointed" and urged the Justice Department to appeal the ruling.
"This decision re-opens this terrible wound not only for our family but our entire community," he said in a statement. "From the beginning of this ordeal our family has sought justice, not just for ourselves, but for all the victims and families."
Former U.S. Attorney Jim Letten resigned in December 2012 after two of his top deputies — Sal Perricone and Jan Mann — acknowledgeded they had posted anonymous comments on nola.com, The Times-Picayune's companion website, about cases their office had handled, including the bridge investigation.
Mann, who was Letten's top deputy, told Justice Department investigators she told Letten about her posts shortly after Perricone's activities were exposed in March 2012. Mann said Letten "didn't have a big reaction" to her confession, according to the judge's ruling.
At a hearing in June 2012, Engelhardt said it appeared federal prosecutors didn't conduct a "full-blown investigation" after The Associated Press and The Times-Picayune published articles about former officer Michael Lohman's guilty plea while his case was under seal. Lohman pleaded guilty to participating in a cover-up of the shootings.
The Justice Department appointed John Horn, a veteran federal prosecutor from Georgia, to conduct a new probe of the allegations.
Horn's investigation revealed Karla Dobinski, a Washington-based attorney in the Justice Department's civil rights division, posted anonymous comments on nola.com during the last week of the trial. Dobinski wasn't part of the government's trial team but testified at an April 2011 pretrial hearing.
Engelhardt said he was shocked by the revelation and cited it as a key factor in deciding to order a new trial.
Horn also had asked that the two news organizations to disclose their sources of information about Lohman's anticipated guilty plea, but both have refused.
In a footnote to his ruling, Engelhardt said the news organizations "perpetuate the viability" of the officers' bid for a new trial "and support its merit by implication" by refusing to identify their sources.
The AP's outside counsel in the case said the news organization stands by its position.
"Judge Engelhardt may be frustrated by the Justice Department's respect for the reporters' privilege in this case, but that privilege exists to promote the flow of important information to the public. A refusal to recognize the privilege would surely cause significant sources of information to dry up, to the great detriment of all of us," said David Schulz of the firm Levine Sullivan Koch & Schulz.
"The AP's consistent position seeks to ensure the public has the information it needs for our democracy to function," Schulz said.
Engelhardt instructed attorneys in the case to confer within 30 days to "determine scheduling needs" before asking him to schedule a status conference.
Late Tuesday, the U.S. Senate confirmed New Orleans attorney Kenneth Polite as U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Louisiana. The office had been run by veteran federal prosecutor Dana Boente since Letten's resignation.

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 07:24 AM
So who are you all going to get mad at? The judge who is going to retry because of prosecutor misconduct? The prosecutor who went too hard and violate the rights of police officers when trying to convict cops? Or the Cops who probably did something horrible, yet probably deserve a new trial?

This story must be really confusing for yall.

Slutter McGee

pcosmar
09-18-2013, 07:50 AM
This story must be really confusing for yall.

It's not confusing at all..

There would have been no trial except for the online activism and outrage at the murders..

This is just the system protecting the system.

tod evans
09-18-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm not confused Slutter.

I posted pictures of the prosecutorial staff for a reason..

I'd be delighted to see the two of them and their superiors sentenced to the same joint as the cops..

Or as an alternative publically disemboweled.;)

Have I mentioned this week that I consider prosecuting attorneys to be the lowest form of life?

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 08:12 AM

I'd be delighted to see the two of them and their superiors sentenced to the same joint as the cops..

Have I mentioned this week that I consider prosecuting attorneys to be the lowest form of life?

Then I am the son of a prosecuting attorney that I am proud of, so keep spouting your collectivist anger at a group of people instead of the individuals who deserve it. In this case the prosecuting attorney's in this specific case.

Insult my family....thats right, I am being nice today. No insults returned...yet.

Slutter McGee

donnay
09-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Yes, prosecuting attorneys are definitely pond scum. They are usually the ones who cover up a lot of things to make sure that a conviction is given--this way they have political clout. Look at Giuliani--or as I so fondly call him, Ghouliani.

tod evans
09-18-2013, 08:46 AM
"Collectivism" in reference to DA's is akin to chastising one for making blanket statements about prostitutes, child molesters or racists...

They're all behaviors one undertakes voluntarily and they all point to a moral defect...

pcosmar
09-18-2013, 08:55 AM
The system protects the system.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/franklincoverupexcerpt.shtml

Sitting in Judge Enbody's chambers, with my head hung so low it was hitting my shoestrings, I was given the key to unlock the meaning of Franklin. "I do not understand it, Your Honor," I kept repeating. "As God is my witness, I do not think that there is a judge or other person involved in this case who does not know that horrible injustice has been done. Everybody knows that Alisha Owen is telling the truth and that she is being punished for it. And, Your Honor, a person has to be deaf, dumb, blind, and totally dishonest, not to know that some of this state's and nation's top businessmen and public officials have engaged in the worst crimes possible, which are now being covered up. And these kids, instead of being honored and protected for exposing these things, are being sent to prison. Why? Why? Why?"

Judge Enbody looked at me. Slowly, his voice shaking, he began to talk.

"I am just a man. I am not a god. I wish I were. I have no choice in what I have done. I am just a man, just a man, not a god. I am doing what I must do with the evidence before me," Judge Enbody concluded. He appeared even more shaken and upset than I was.

I shook my head. "I don't understand. I just don't understand," I kept repeating. "Everybody knows what is happening, but nobody is willing to do anything about it. Why? Why?!!" Judge Enbody looked at me and said, very slowly, "If you want to understand the entire Franklin case, I can help you. Go read 'Billy Budd.' Read 'Billy Budd.' If you will do that, John, and if you understand the book, then you will understand the what and why of Franklin, and why it can be no other way. I do not say you will like it. I do not say you will agree with it. But at least you will understand it. That, I promise you. Go read 'Billy Budd'."

Those were the last words I spoke with the Judge on the case. I left his chambers, burnt out, but angry. And I forgot all about Billy Budd, until the night I happened upon the movie. The story of Billy Budd is set in the British Navy near the end of the eighteenth century. Billy was a young sailor, who, although impressed into the British Navy, bore no ill will to the authorities for having dragooned him; indeed, he was the very picture of innocence and good-will, and was almost universally loved aboard his war-ship. One officer, however, developed an insane jealousy of Billy, and set out to frame him up for allegedly inciting mutiny. Since there had been several notorious mutinies in the British fleet at the time, the mere whisper of "mutiny" was enough to spread panic among the ship's officers.

To make a long story short, because of certain incriminating appearances in the case, the captain and his senior officers, although they knew Billy was innocent of all charges, nonetheless sentenced him to hang, a necessity - as they viewed it - to "save the system," not just on their own ship, but in the British fleet as a whole.

Now I think I do understand the Franklin case. I know, now, that all the public officials involved in Franklin-whether they ever heard of Billy Budd or not-fully understood what they were doing.

And what they all have done, and will continue to do in this case, Franklin, and no doubt many others like it, is this: Protect the "system" at all costs. The "system" is the only ultimate sacred cow-not any particular law or constitution, but only "the system." Because, ultimately, it is the system which makes certain that the individuals functioning within it - from judges to lawyers, to prosecutors, to politicians, to businessmen - have their places and positions, and opportunities and pecking order, and future.

And, though it is unfortunate, that on occasion the protection of the "system" requires the deliberate sacrifice of perfectly innocent people, that is hoped overall to be the exception rather than the rule. But without the "system" . .

So, Judge Enbody, now I understand. And, as you said, I may not agree, but I do understand.

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 09:24 AM
"Collectivism" in reference to DA's is akin to chastising one for making blanket statements about prostitutes, child molesters or racists...

They're all behaviors one undertakes voluntarily and they all point to a moral defect...

I am going to wait until I am home from work before laying into you for acting like a four year old.

Slutter McGee

kcchiefs6465
09-18-2013, 09:35 AM
A retrial for prosecutors making anonymous postings on internet articles that no doubt countless others were making as well?

The leaks could be of a concern, depending- and apparently a judge thought as much. (though I'd like to know what was leaked specifically and am suspicious in the actual motive behind this)

As to your question Slutter, the two [DAs] involved should be disbarred if evidence of misconduct is so evident and flagrant. I would be upset at them for wasting countless thousands of taxpayer dollars by their foolishness. If the comments were general in nature there should have been no retrial granted. (granted I haven't read the 129 pg. decision so my opinion is simply speculation and is subject to change) Quite clearly I am angry at the police involved. You aren't? Fallujah tactics and cold blooded murder in America by the so called saviors of the day? Color me shocked.

What is confusing about that? I suspect you are the one confused.

Red Green
09-18-2013, 09:46 AM
I am going to wait until I am home from work before laying into you for acting like a four year old.

Slutter McGee

You're taking this WAY too personal. It's not like you had the chance to screen who got to screw your mom before you were born. We don't hold it against you.

Brian4Liberty
09-18-2013, 10:03 AM
"The public must have absolute trust and confidence in this process," he wrote. "Re-trying this case is a very small price to pay in order to protect the validity of the verdict in this case, the institutional integrity of this court, and the criminal justice system as a whole."

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/facebook-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 11:14 AM

You stupid piece of shit. You make a blanket statement about child molesters and rapists because of their fucking actions you ignorant fuck. The fact that you feel comfortable comparing the occupation that puts these horrible people away with the criminals themselves is down right fucking retarded. It has to be one of the dumbest fucking ideas I have ever fucking heard.

I am going to let you in on a little secret since you are too fucking stupid to comprehend this. Lawyers don't become prosecutors so they can lock away innocent people. I have seen, many times, prosecutors I know dismiss cases because of lack of evidence, even when everyone knew the person was guilty. You are letting your stupid pedomorphic preconcieved bias shape your opinion of an entire occupation...probably because you have the collective Intelligence of my Right Nut Sack.

Use some fucking logic and stop acting like a fucking goddamn idiot liberal. Go after prosecutors that abuse their power. Go after laws you disagree with, but stop being a complete goddamn fucktard.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

PS - I disagree with the wars. I don't talk shit about the troops that go fight in them. Same fucking logic.

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 11:17 AM
You're taking this WAY too personal. It's not like you had the chance to screen who got to screw your mom before you were born. We don't hold it against you.

Oh go fuck yourself. I would hold it as a badge of honor if you dumbfucks would hold it against me. I wouldn't ask for another father. I just get tired of stupid collectivist bullshit comments coming from a group of people who claim to believe in the power of the individual.

Slutter McGee

donnay
09-18-2013, 11:22 AM
^^^^ Anger management ^^^^

phill4paul
09-18-2013, 11:24 AM
fucking ... fuck. fucking. fucking... fucking. fucking. fucking...fucking. fucktard. fucking.

Feel better?

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 11:26 AM
^^^^ Anger management ^^^^

Idiocy deserves to be put in its place.

Slutter McGee

Plus calling one's family pond scum without knowing them tends to piss people off. Or did you not realize that?

tod evans
09-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Gotcher panties in a twist there Slutter?

It must hurt having a father who whores himself out supporting laws you yourself have disagreed with..

The comparison using choice of vocation between prostitute and DA is quite valid, like it or not.

The comparison using moral defect to align a fucking lawyer who makes the conscious decision to become a prosecutor with baby rapers and racists is also sound. There may be differing degrees of defect but in all three instances there is defect!

When you can point to any "troop" who has discression on which orders to follow then your argument about soldiers might hold water. The fact of the matter is those low-life cocksuckers who choose to become prosecutors do have discression on which laws they enforce, which sentences they force defendants to plea to, which cops they decline to investigate...

Like I said, morally deficient...

Sucks to have your genepool dude.

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Gotcher panties in a twist there Slutter?

It must hurt having a father who whores himself out supporting laws you yourself have disagreed with..

The comparison using choice of vocation between prostitute and DA is quite valid, like it or not.

The comparison using moral defect to align a fucking lawyer who makes the conscious decision to become a prosecutor with baby rapers and racists is also sound. There may be differing degrees of defect but in all three instances there is defect!

When you can point to any "troop" who has discression on which orders to follow then your argument about soldiers might hold water. The fact of the matter is those low-life cocksuckers who choose to become prosecutors do have discression on which laws they enforce, which sentences they force defendants to plea to, which cops they decline to investigate...

Like I said, morally deficient...

Sucks to have your genepool dude.

I love my gene pool. It blessed me with extreme intelligence and the ability think rationally. I love my father. I have seen how lenient he tries to be as Assistant DA for the last 20 years when it comes to drug crimes. I have seen how harsh he can be for violent crimes. I am proud that he has sent several fuckers to their death. I am proud to know many good prosecutors.

I am proud to know that I don't group them into one stereotype just to confirm my own bias. I am proud that I m more intelligent than that.

And now you have called my father a cocksucker as well.

Again, go fuck yourself you cumguzzling piece of shit.

Slutter McGee

donnay
09-18-2013, 11:37 AM

Slutter McGee

That's why I suggested Anger Management. There is absolutely no reason for your hot-headed response. You act like a school-yard bully. :rolleyes:

tod evans
09-18-2013, 11:40 AM
I love my gene pool. I am proud that he has sent several fuckers to their death. I am proud to know many good prosecutors.

Morally deficient.

Wonder if the government would pay to study this sort of genealogy?

kcchiefs6465
09-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Gooooz frabba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fscuv4PIjws

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 11:44 AM
That's why I suggested Anger Management. There is absolutely no reason for your hot-headed response. You act like a school-yard bully. :rolleyes:

I don't know where you are from donnay, but around here people don't take too lightly to having their family called pond scum, prostitutes, cocksuckers, sorry...low life cocksuckers, that they should be publicly disemboweled, and the lowest form of life. Especially when they probably know very few of them.

And then you have idiots like Tod Evans here who think most prosecutors have actual discretion on the cases they try.

See, where I am from, we tell people to fuck off when they start doing this shit.

Slutter McGee

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Morally deficient.

Wonder if the government would pay to study this sort of genealogy?

Anderson kidnapped and murdered five-year-old Audra Ann Reeves, in Amarillo, Texas on June 9, 1992. Anderson told police that he kidnapped Reeves as she was returning home from playing in a park. He brought her inside his house and unsuccessfully tried to rape her. He then beat, stabbed, and drowned Reeves, then stored her body in a styrofoam ice chest. Her body was found that day by a neighbor throwing out trash. Anderson was identified as the person who discarded the chest, was apprehended by police, and confessed almost immediately.

Anderson said he committed the crime after a dispute with his wife of eight months. The Associated Press quoted Anderson as saying, "The whole day revolved around the fight. She stormed out of the house and said when she returned she didn't want to find me." [1]

If you consider sending this fucker to his death morally deficient then I don't know what to fucking tell you.

Slutter McGee

donnay
09-18-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't know where you are from donnay, but around here people don't take too lightly to having their family called pond scum, prostitutes, cocksuckers, sorry...low life cocksuckers, that they should be publicly disemboweled, and the lowest form of life. Especially when they probably know very few of them.

And then you have idiots like Tod Evans here who think most prosecutors have actual discretion on the cases they try.

See, where I am from, we tell people to fuck off when they start doing this shit.

Slutter McGee

Well, you are talking to the wrong person...I have not an ounce of sympathy for most prosecutors. I was an investigative reporter for a publication named the "Anti-Shyster." I have many stories about corrupt prosecutors and the bottom line is-- the ones I have investigated are nothing more than political whores. They will do anything to get the most convictions under their belt to move up the political chain for power. Lot's of innocent people are behind bars because of these scum bags. So please, spare me your idolizations of a class of people who should be the ones behind bars.

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Well, you are talking to the wrong person...I have not an ounce of sympathy for most prosecutors. I was an investigative reporter for a publication named the "Anti-Shyster." I have many stories about corrupt prosecutors and the bottom line is-- the ones I have investigated are nothing more than political whores. They will do anything to get the most convictions under their belt to move up the political chain for power. Lot's of innocent people are behind bars because of these scum bags. So please, spare me your idolizations of a class of people who should be the ones behind bars.

Idolizations of a class? Jesus Christ. I am the one here saying that we should go after corrupt prosecutors, yet not group all prosecutors together. I am the one defending the power and rights of the individual. You are the ones condemning an entire group of people....much like liberals do.

Slutter McGee

tod evans
09-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Blacks Law Dictionary says;

What is PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION?
a privilege given to the prosecuting attorney in deciding whether to prosecute or to plea bargain, recommend parole, etc.

http://thelawdictionary.org/prosecutorial-discretion/#ixzz2fGekQo6a

I know Slutter they're forced to prosecute under threat of being removed from the tit...

Men of sound moral character do not subject other men to loss of life or liberty strictly for financial gain.

Reality is that every DA has the option of walking away from any case he finds distasteful at any time. The absolute worse thing that can happen to him is loss of income..........Just one of the punishments he would inflict on the man he takes to trial against his better judgement.

If, great big if, there were upstanding people of sound moral fiber in the DA's office our country would have been on a different path long ago..

Instead we have morally deficient, often times downright corrupt, whores who prostitute their law degree for favor and power....The proficient lawyers go into private practice, just like the high-class hookers...

At least a whore can douche or spit when she's done working, a prosecutor must hide, he must hide from himself as well as the families of those he's prosecuted for money, hell unlike the whores children, a prosecutor must hide his family too....

tod evans
09-18-2013, 12:10 PM
If you consider sending this fucker to his death morally deficient then I don't know what to fucking tell you.

Oh come on Slutter...

Should I focus on the fact that a baby raper read to kids at the library or the fact that he raped babies?

I'm sure every prosecutor actually prosecutes cases that serve the public good, just like the the perv reading at the library.

It's the cases that he knows in his heart are wrong but he swallows his self esteem, his morals, and presses on regardless...

Don't you think the perv knows he's wrong too?

Red Green
09-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Oh go fuck yourself. I would hold it as a badge of honor if you dumbfucks would hold it against me. I wouldn't ask for another father. I just get tired of stupid collectivist bullshit comments coming from a group of people who claim to believe in the power of the individual.

Slutter McGee

Hey, my father was career military and I don't get upset about people who don't like the military or what they do, because hey there's a lot of shitheads, rapists, and murderers in the armed forces. Beyond that, they're a tax suck. Regardless of whether they believe they "serve" this country, the truth is they do much more harm than good. You'll never catch me thanking some military or ex-military guy for his or her "service". I'm more likely to ask for my tax dollars back.

But hey, if we were collectivists we probably would have been right there with your dad sharing your mom..... are you sure he's your dad?

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 12:17 PM
At least a whore can douche or spit when she's done working, a prosecutor must hide, he must hide from himself as well as the families of those he's prosecuted for money, hell unlike the whores children, a prosecutor must hide his family too....

Yeah, I had to go into hiding once. A bunch of gang bangers did a drive by of my house as a kid. Why? Well because my dad threw several of them in prison for multiple rapes after breaking into people's homes.

I am sure those gangbangers were doing the noble thing right?

See here is what you people fail to see. Who do you think Ron Paul would agree with? Take away my language and my insults. I guarantee you he would not condemn an entire group of people even if he sometimes disagree with some actions people in that profession occasionally he do. He would welcome the individual, instead of spitting on him over his occupation.

This is what makes you truely pathetic. Sometimes I wonder if you know what liberty really is.

Say what you want. I win.

Slutter McGee

Red Green
09-18-2013, 12:19 PM

Slutter McGee

Everybody has a choice. If any day I walk into work and they ask me to help send a guy to prison for possession of pot, I'll tell then absolutely not. If they fire me for not going along, so be it. At least at the end of the day I'll have a clean conscience.

From what I have seen these prosecutors are out to put as many 'W's on the scoreboard and nothing else. They could care less if that 'W' represents a miscarriage of justice, so fuck them and everyone that supports them.

tod evans
09-18-2013, 12:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhGJK-W5no

donnay
09-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I had to go into hiding once. A bunch of gang bangers did a drive by of my house as a kid. Why? Well because my dad threw several of them in prison for multiple rapes after breaking into people's homes.

I am sure those gangbangers were doing the noble thing right?

See here is what you people fail to see. Who do you think Ron Paul would agree with? Take away my language and my insults. I guarantee you he would not condemn an entire group of people even if he sometimes disagree with some actions people in that profession occasionally he do. He would welcome the individual, instead of spitting on him over his occupation.

This is what makes you truely pathetic. Sometimes I wonder if you know what liberty really is.

Slutter McGee

Your Hypocrisy holds no bounds. Everyone is a scumbag except the people you know. I get it.

Ron Paul supports Jury Nullification.

phill4paul
09-18-2013, 12:23 PM

Slutter McGee

/thread. :p

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 12:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhGJK-W5no

So you do think that Ron Paul would agree with your collectivist mind set when judging an entire group of people?

Slutter McGee

tod evans
09-18-2013, 02:26 PM
So you do think that Ron Paul would agree with your collectivist mind set when judging an entire group of people?

That would be a very good question to ask him.

Given his opinion of lawmakers, politicians, lobbyists and bankers I would think his view on prosecutors would prove enlightening....

presence
09-18-2013, 04:26 PM
all 88 news sources » (https://news.google.com/news?ncl=d4BvK18FRQFarSM68kQuipmjqpfPM&q=judge+overturns+katrina&lr=English&hl=en)

Four of the former officers were sentenced in April 2012 (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57409427-504083/new-orleans-cops-get-lengthy-sentences-for-danziger-bridge-shootings/) to between 38 and 65 years in prison for shooting and killing two unarmed people and wounding four others on September 4, 2005 at the Danziger Bridge. Kaufman was sentenced to six years for his role in covering up the shooting.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57603296-504083/danziger-bridge-shootings-update-judge-overturns-convictions-grants-new-trial-to-ex-nola-officers/

green73
09-18-2013, 04:40 PM

Tod, if you don't already read him, you'll love Bill Anderson. He absolutely excoriates prosecutors.

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson-arch.html

tod evans
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Tod, if you don't already read him, you'll love Bill Anderson. He absolutely excoriates prosecutors.

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson-arch.html

Never heard of him, I'll check it out.

Thank you.

presence
09-18-2013, 06:20 PM

Slutter McGee

Bastiat's is an abrasive bitch. My job is to smack abrasives bitches upside the head.
Rev9..

Henry Rogue
09-18-2013, 07:03 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 10:25 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

Congrats on admitting to all of humanity that you are an idiot. Gotta give you props on that.

Slutter McGee

fr33
09-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Slutter should we be happy that your favorite prosecutor only fined thousands of dollars and sentenced years of probation to drug offenders and took their drivers licenses away?

Do you realize how this fucks up people's lives for no good reasons?

I've been on the receiving end and I'd like to see that bitch be homeless and suffering for what she did to me. I never harmed anyone but she definitely harmed me.

Philhelm
09-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Then I am the son of a prosecuting attorney that I am proud of, so keep spouting your collectivist anger at a group of people instead of the individuals who deserve it. In this case the prosecuting attorney's in this specific case.

Insult my family....thats right, I am being nice today. No insults returned...yet.

Slutter McGee

For that matter, any of us could be the son of President Obama.

kcchiefs6465
09-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Slutter should we be happy that your favorite prosecutor only fined thousands of dollars and sentenced years of probation to drug offenders and took their drivers licenses away?

I've been on the receiving end and I'd like to see that bitch be homeless and suffering for what she did to me. I never harmed anyone but she definitely harmed me.
This. 1000 times.

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 10:52 PM

So the prosecutor who hurt you is representative of all prosecutors? Just like the black guy who tried to fight me for no reason is representative of all black people? The Mexicans who did a drive by of my house as a kid are representative of all Mexicans. The gay guy who gave me a roofie so he could try to rape me is representative of all gays. The grocer who purposely gave me back wrong change is representative of all grocers. The businessman who tried to over charge me regardless of our contract is representative of all businessmen. The farmer who gave me rotten crops represents all farmers.

GO FUCK YOURSELF PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

kcchiefs6465
09-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Can you state that your father never tried any drug cases? Never any cases where there was no discernible victim?

If you can't, with as good as a person as your father could be at heart, he is [or was] part of the problem.

I have no doubt some of these people are good natured. The problem is that the pressures of life, (needing the money and a steady job) their philosophical shortcomings, (not understanding what a crime is and what a vice is) and a position of power (libio dominandi or the lust to dominate) have thoroughly ruined what their intentions were. (assuming their intentions were to help people and put away criminals, as many people's are)

Do you not see this, Slutter? The rhetoric aside?

fr33
09-18-2013, 11:03 PM
So the prosecutor who hurt you is representative of all prosecutors? Just like the black guy who tried to fight me for no reason is representative of all black people? The Mexicans who did a drive by of my house as a kid are representative of all Mexicans. The gay guy who gave me a roofie so he could try to rape me is representative of all gays. The grocer who purposely gave me back wrong change is representative of all grocers. The businessman who tried to over charge me regardless of our contract is representative of all businessmen. The farmer who gave me rotten crops represents all farmers.

GO FUCK YOURSELF PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Name me the Texas DA that does not prosecute marijuana possession in his/her jurisdiction like I described. All of them except for those you cite deserve to starve and be homeless for a few years just like I did for my marijuana crime.

Go fuck yourself for defending thieves and tyrants. My skin in this game is being the victim, yours is being the benefactor of it.

Slutter McGee
09-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Name me the Texas DA that does not prosecute marijuana possession in his/her jurisdiction like I described. All of them except for those you cite deserve to starve and be homeless for a few years just like I did for my marijuana crime.

Go fuck yourself for defending thieves and tyrants. My skin in this game is being the victim, yours is being the benefactor of it.

Go fuck yourself for not understanding the difference between an ADA and a DA. And yes, I am the benefactor of having a father making far less money working in the public sector than he could in the private sector.

Slutter McGee

fr33
09-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Go fuck yourself for not understanding the difference between an ADA and a DA. And yes, I am the benefactor of having a father making far less money working in the public sector than he could in the private sector.

Slutter McGee

Oh wow, an assistant DA is somehow more holier because they are just following orders. You were raised on the blood and tears of people like me. I hate your guts just like any serf hates royalty. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Your life has been sustained by theft and oppression.

tod evans
09-19-2013, 06:53 AM

What man who is fit to earn a fair wage in the private sector makes the conscious decision to work for government? As an underling no less?

Morally deficient might not cover it, intellectually deficient could realistically be a factor also...

Bet you're glad for the anonymity of the internet eh Slutter? I can't envision an environment, sans a courthouse, where you could so loudly proclaim your linage without physical repercussion...

Red Green
09-19-2013, 06:59 AM

Slutter McGee

So you're saying your old man was not only without principles, but also lazy / stupid? Damn, nothing like giving up a really good paycheck so you can sit on your ass and collect only a few tax dollars by caging peaceful people.

And to think your mom screwed this guy. I'm so sorry Slutter; I see where your anger issues come from.

Slutter McGee
09-19-2013, 11:16 AM
So you're saying your old man was not only without principles, but also lazy / stupid? Damn, nothing like giving up a really good paycheck so you can sit on your ass and collect only a few tax dollars by caging peaceful people.

And to think your mom screwed this guy. I'm so sorry Slutter; I see where your anger issues come from.

You are fucking pathetic.

Slutter McGee

pcosmar
09-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Slutter McGee

well,, you are at least understandable and explainable now.

I thought you were just an idiot,, but now I actually feel sorry for you.

God is merciful and he does forgive.

Red Green
09-19-2013, 03:09 PM
well,, you are at least understandable and explainable now.

I thought you were just an idiot,, but now I actually feel sorry for you.

God is merciful and he does forgive.

A "Go fuck youself" in 3..., 2...., 1.....

tod evans
09-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Slutter McGee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwY9y6O3hw

donnay
09-20-2013, 07:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwY9y6O3hw

OFF TOPIC--my apologies in advance.

A little movie trivia: the same actor above (David Patrick Kelly) who played 'Luther' in the Warriors (1979) was also named 'Luther' in the 1982 movie 48 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbga181nm84