PDA

View Full Version : Paul to be second from right at debate

Bradley in DC
11-28-2007, 02:26 PM
http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/

Live Blogging the GOP: They're Ready For Their Snowman

CNN and You Tube will host the Republican candidates debate tomorrow night in St. Petersburg, Fla. We'll be live blogging the action at On Call, so don't forget to check in for the latest news and analysis.

A quick preview of the event, courtesy of NBC/NJ's Erin McPike:

The debate line-up, left to right: Tancredo, Huckabee, Romney, Giuliani, Thompson, McCain, Paul, Hunter.

The first row of the auditorium is reserved for the Romney family; Giuliani's beloveds are designated to sit in the second row. The third row of seats will be shared by the Huckabee and McCain families. The Thompson crew, however, has been assigned to the fifth row - behind Paul's nearest and dearest, who will sit in the fourth row.

CNN Washington Bureau Chief David Bohrman said that about 5,000 questions were submitted, and that they have "a different feel" than those submitted for the Democratic debate. He also said that despite the big production made about Gov. Charlie Crist's question submission, Bohrman explained that high-profile figures get plenty of access as it is, and his question will not be included. A committee including Anderson Cooper will finalize the question line-up tonight. They intend to get through about 40 but will have 70 ready to go.

Although Hillary Clinton was a big focus of the FOX debate last month, Bohrman said, "I would expect that she'll come up far less than the last one. This debate is for the Republicans. They have to debate each other first before they can get to her."

Paulitician
11-28-2007, 02:31 PM
I bet it was completely chosen at random too [/sarcasm]

Romney, Giuliani, Thompson... gotta love it.

1000-points-of-fright
11-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Giuliani's beloveds are designated to sit in the second row.

Giuliani has beloveds? Shouldn't that just be singular?

DRV45N05
11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Well, now we know who they're taking seriously. They've put Tancredo and Hunter at the edges, and they've put the top-6 in the middle.

I'm going to miss Ron standing beside Huckabee, which has seemed to be the case forever in this.

Bradley in DC
11-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Giuliani has beloveds? Shouldn't that just be singular?

Ouch, that wasn't very nice. (Can I sit by you at the Inaugural dinner?)

mwkaufman
11-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Tancredo and Hunter are definitely the bookend candidates.

I think they're giving Thompson too much credit, he just polled at 2% in NH! He's toast. I'd put him and Paul in the second furthest positions. Thompson with Hunter, Paul with Tancredo.

McCain seems to have it out for Romney so they should be placed next to eachother. Huckabee and Romney are fighting for Iowa so they should be put next to eachother as well. If Thompson is going to attack anyone, it'll be Huckabee, and Rudy-Paul is good show, so I think this is optimal:

Tancredo-Paul-Giuliani-McCain-Romney-Huckabee-Thompson-Hunter

In terms of Paul's strategy, going at it with Hunter, Tancredo, Huckabee and McCain are bad ideas. Hunter and Tancredo don't matter and Huckabee and McCain are great public speakers. If he could choose the layout I think he'd surround himself with Giuliani, Romney and Thompson. Best for Paul would've been:

McCain-Hunter-Giuliani-Paul-Romney-Thompson-Tancredo-Huckabee

ItsTime
11-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Romney 31% Paul 27% among indies in New Hampshire :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41790

Tancredo and Hunter are definitely the bookend candidates.

I think they're giving Thompson too much credit, he just polled at 2% in NH! He's toast. I'd put him and Paul in the second furthest positions. Thompson with Hunter, Paul with Tancredo.

McCain seems to have it out for Romney so they should be placed next to eachother. Huckabee and Romney are fighting for Iowa so they should be put next to eachother as well. If Thompson is going to attack anyone, it'll be Huckabee, and Rudy-Paul is good show, so I think this is optimal:

Tancredo-Paul-Giuliani-McCain-Romney-Huckabee-Thompson-Hunter

Bradley in DC
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Romney 31% Paul 27% among indies in New Hampshire :D

Yeah, but the debate's in Florida! :p

http://www.southernpoliticalreport.com/storylink_1127_50.aspx

ItsTime
11-28-2007, 03:09 PM
And that makes me cringe!

Yeah, but the debate's in Florida! :p

http://www.southernpoliticalreport.com/storylink_1127_50.aspx

njandrewg
11-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I think its Hunter's turn to attack Paul. Remember how Huckabee raised? He was right next to Paul and started bitching about the Honor thing, and then after that start rising in the polls.

jacmicwag
11-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm hoping Duncan has too much class to go after our guy. This debate format should work in our favor for once.

Paulitician
11-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm hoping Duncan has too much class to go after our guy. This debate format should work in our favor for once.
Remember when he said "Ron Paul, quit blaming America first!" :D:rolleyes:

hillertexas
11-28-2007, 03:38 PM
I bet it was completely chosen at random too [/sarcasm]

Romney, Giuliani, Thompson... gotta love it.

I am beginning to think that nothing is random

Korey Kaczynski
11-28-2007, 04:01 PM
I think its Hunter's turn to attack Paul. Remember how Huckabee raised? He was right next to Paul and started bitching about the Honor thing, and then after that start rising in the polls.

Already did it at the value voters debate.

V-rod
11-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I hope Hunter tries to pull a fast one on Paul. We'll go to his rally's with Ron Paul signs and out-numbers his supporters 5 to 1