PDA

View Full Version : Judge Napolitano: If Officers at the Navy Yard Had Been Armed Fewer Would Have Been Killed

eduardo89
09-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Judge Napolitano: If Officers at the Navy Yard Had Been Armed A Lot Fewer Would Have Been Killed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74mE0MK0D2Q

Judge Andrew Napolitano stopped by Fox and Friends this morning to discuss the Navy Yard shooting and attacker Aaron Alexis.

Brian Kilmeade asked whether we can conclude that the government missed some clear warning signs after reports that Alexis suffered from serious mental health problems.

The judge likened this situation to NSA leaker Edward Snowden in that it's another example of the government being unable to properly vet a vendor or employee who received a security clearance.

"Whatever you think of Edward Snowden and the constitutional wisdom of what he did, the government didn't know he was there. The government obviously didn't know this guy was there," said Napolitano, who then pointed out that Washington, D.C. has in place some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.

He said officers at the Navy Yard aren't legally able to carry a weapon once they leave the building. Napolitano questioned why officers on military bases are not armed following Fort Hood and now this latest attack.

"Candidly, we have a problem with the military. If you cannot trust military officers to carry weapons on a military base after Ford Hood and after this, then people don't believe in the Second Amendment at all," he said.

Napolitano said if there were armed military personnel at the Navy Yard yesterday, the casualty figures would have been much lower. Plus, he said the presence of armed officers could have dissuaded the gunman from attacking in the first place.

TaftFan
09-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Between Elizabeth's legs and Judge's laugh I was happy by the time the video was over.

eduardo89
09-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Between Elizabeth's legs and Judge's laugh I was happy by the time the video was over.

I realise Elizabeth is no Sarah Palin (honestly, what woman is that amazing?) but she is a very attractive woman.