PDA

View Full Version : Rubio makes first 2014 endorsement

TaftFan
09-17-2013, 07:15 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/322819-rubio-backs-tom-cotton-with-first-2014-endorsement

Guess who?

eduardo89
09-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Without clicking I'm guessing someone like Tom Cotton.

Edit: I was right.

Bastiat's The Law
09-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Told you Cotton was dangerous and needed to be watched. He's being groomed by the neocons. Can we get a liberty candidate to run against him? The ads we could make about how Cotton wanted to arm terrorists in Syria would be epic. That how I would attack him anyway.

Sola_Fide
09-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Rubio and Cotton have similar political profiles.Both are staunch fiscal conservatives bouyed by the Tea Party movement, and have been embraced by Washington's GOP establishment.*The two men also have hawkish views on foreign policy that are at odds with the libertarian streak that has taken hold in the GOP.

Now I remember why I hate the Tea Party movement.

Brian4Liberty
09-17-2013, 07:22 PM
The endorsement comes with a twist, as Cotton is a strident opponent of the bipartisan immigration bill that Rubio helped pass through the Senate.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/322819-rubio-backs-tom-cotton-with-first-2014-endorsement

That would be a big disagreement, if it were real.

TaftFan
09-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Told you Cotton was dangerous and needed to be watched. He's being groomed by the neocons. Can we get a liberty candidate to run against him? The ads we could make about how Cotton wanted to arm terrorists in Syria would be epic. That how I would attack him anyway.

I was just checking former congressmen, governors, and Lt. governors, and I can't find anybody who could run. Our only hope is a wealthy businessman or businesswoman.

Brian4Liberty
09-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Now I remember why I hate the Tea Party movement.

Because the media just lied about who the "Tea Party" supports? There's no way the majority of people who consider themselves Tea Party still support Rubio. Haven't seen anyone except people in the media or Teo-cons say anything good about Cotton.

Sola_Fide
09-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Because the media just lied about who the "Tea Party" supports? There's no way the majority of people who consider themselves Tea Party still support Rubio. Haven't seen anyone except people in the media or Teo-cons say anything good about Cotton.

I hope your right.

MichaelDavis
09-17-2013, 07:55 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/322819-rubio-backs-tom-cotton-with-first-2014-endorsement

Guess who?

I thought it would be Gingrey. What is the point of endorsing in a non-contested primary? How many general election voters will say "I was undecided, but after that Republican endorsed that other Republican, I was conviced". Cotton is still better than Pryor, IMO. Even McCain and Graham are better Senators than Pryor.

Bastiat's The Law
09-17-2013, 08:00 PM
We need to smother this in its crib now before Cotton becomes a Senator with even higher ambitions.

Tywysog Cymru
09-17-2013, 08:01 PM
I thought it would be Gingrey. What is the point of endorsing in a non-contested primary? How many general election voters will say "I was undecided, but after that Republican endorsed that other Republican, I was conviced". Cotton is still better than Pryor, IMO. Even McCain and Graham are better Senators than Pryor.

Pryor is against Syrian intervention, I'd vote for him over Cotton if I lived in Arkansas.

Brett85
09-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Is there even any Republican running against Cotton? If Cotton wins the GOP nomination, he'll defeat Pryor in a landslide. Pryor has no chance of winning due to his support of Obamacare.

Sola_Fide
09-17-2013, 08:11 PM
We need to smother this in its crib now before Cotton becomes a Senator with even higher ambitions.

That's a pretty disgusting metaphor. But I get what you're saying.

ObiRandKenobi
09-17-2013, 08:32 PM
i hate tommy c.

invisible
09-17-2013, 09:50 PM
I was just checking former congressmen, governors, and Lt. governors, and I can't find anybody who could run. Our only hope is a wealthy businessman or businesswoman.

There is another thread on this subject in the "liberty candidates" section (although the rube's endorsement is certainly deserving of it's own thread here, IMO - perhaps it will wake a few people up that this race IS very important). We actually had someone from that district check in, but unfortunately I don't believe they've been around since then. Apparently there ARE possibilities, but there has been no new news on this front since that time. BTL is 100% correct on this one. cotton is at a point where it is MUCH easier to defeat him in this election, before he becomes virtually impossible to dislodge. This election NEEDS to be given priority, too bad it doesn't seem to hold the interest it deserves.