PDA

View Full Version : "Instant reaction" from 24 Undecided voters

terryp
11-28-2007, 02:16 PM
12 men 12 women in focus group will give instant feedback on the candidates tonight. Been waiting for them to comment on this since it came on earlier today.
Is anyone else concerned that this could break either real good or real bad. Any
RP folks out there tonight keep your eye peeled and let us know what's what.

cmc
11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Hmm. Fox tried this and it flopped.

kotetu
11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
"Undecided" probably means they are political activists who have worked for the one or more of the candidates before. At least, that's how it went with the Democratic debates. IIRC

reduen
11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh no, not again... Fox repeat anyone?

winston_blade
11-28-2007, 02:20 PM
It doesn't matter. RP can't fare any worse in this one than he did in the last one. No worries:)

reduen
11-28-2007, 02:22 PM
It doesn't matter. RP can't fare any worse in this one than he did in the last one. No worries:)

Agreed. One thing is for sure, we know our good DR. is one brave dude under fire!! :cool:

EvilEngineer
The only way this would work is if you really tried to get a snap shot of the demographics, AKA non-political activists. Anyone who is at the debates, already is involved more so than the average person. If they want unbiased ahead of time, or as much as you can. Walk into the mall, ask 50 people to join the focus group, probably pay them for their time. Then get their response. 50 random people... not 50 "undecided" voters who happen to be political activists.

Then when those 50 are forced to watch the debates... they will probably go to sleep, ask them their opinions. I think we will do well in this demographic.

Green Mountain Boy

That's true - anything's better than FU Frank.

reaver
11-28-2007, 02:25 PM
The only way this would work is if you really tried to get a snap shot of the demographics, AKA non-political activists. Anyone who is at the debates, already is involved more so than the average person. If they want unbiased ahead of time, or as much as you can. Walk into the mall, ask 50 people to join the focus group, probably pay them for their time. Then get their response. 50 random people... not 50 "undecided" voters who happen to be political activists.

Then when those 50 are forced to watch the debates... they will probably go to sleep, ask them their opinions. I think we will do well in this demographic.

exactly, ask them if they would choose undecided, or one of the candidates and if they can't say a candidate then bag 'em and tag 'em.

EvilEngineer
11-28-2007, 02:28 PM
exactly, ask them if they would choose undecided, or one of the candidates and if they can't say a candidate then bag 'em and tag 'em.

Most of them probably couldn't name a single candidate.

Taco John
11-28-2007, 02:35 PM
I bet we get a bump in support regardless of what the media tries to do.

Midnight77
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Who's moderating the Focus Group? Frank Luntz?

sluggo
11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
That's true - anything's better than FU Frank.

Is Frank the guy that said Ron Paul was "completely insane" before the last debate?

peacemonger
11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I saw on TV that CNN is trying to do that response rating thing where the viewers use those meters and they show the approval lines on the screen. This is usually Frank Luntz's trick on Fox. The funny thing is that Fox is planning to use the meters on one of their rigged focus groups tonight too.

I wonder if the CNN vs. FOX News meter ratings will be in agreement. If they differ significantly, this will be more evidence that the Fox focus group is rigged.