PDA

View Full Version : State removes kids from homes of medicinal pot users

EBounding
09-17-2013, 04:47 PM
This will break your heart and boil your blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXriDlRzrcM

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2013/09/17/state-removes-kids-from-homes-of-medicinal-pot-users/

Steve Green, who legally uses pot to treat multiple sclerosis and epilepsy, had his 6-month-old daughter removed from his home.

The state of Michigan is removing children from the homes of people who are licensed to use medicinal marijuana, causing outrage among medical experts and well-fare advocates.

Among those who recently lost their children are Steve and Maria Green. Steve Green uses marijuana to treat multiple sclerosis and epilepsy. On Friday, an Ingham County judge ordered the removal of 6-month-old Bree Green, saying the presence of marijuana makes them a target for a break-in.

On Tuesday, supporters of the Greens and others who had their children taken gathered outside of Lansing’s Department of Human Services, which handles the medical marijuana law.

“This is just one of many widespread incidents throughout Michigan involving CPS (child protection services) agencies that disregard the clearly written protections provided in the Act,” said Michigan Moms United Founder Charmie Gholson. ”Moms United calls on the state to immediately return this infant to her parents, and adhere to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.”

The Greens and other families said they are loving, responsible parents who were following the law.

dannno
09-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Does the judge have any kids?

Sounds like he's making his house a target for a break-in.

tod evans
09-17-2013, 05:01 PM
?

http://endlessboredom.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/straw-that-broke-the-camel-s-back.jpg

presence
09-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Adam Kokesh, "Is it time?" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?427164-Adam-Kokesh-quot-Is-it-time-quot&highlight=kokesh+time)

aGameOfThrones
09-17-2013, 05:25 PM
The Greens and other families said they are loving, responsible parents who were following the law.

That's not enough, mundane. People with multiple iPhones in the home makes them targets for break-ins. CKS to the rescue.

09-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I feel bad for these people but they learned the hard way about how to deal with this stuff.

The best thing to do when faced with something like this is take your kids and leave the state at the first sign of trouble. Never ever hand them over. 9 times out of ten the kid snatchers will give up and move on to an easier target.

Your kids are at huge risk for abuse in the system. It is in no way worth it to fight the system and voluntarily give them up to "prove a point"

phill4paul
09-17-2013, 05:52 PM
I feel bad for these people but they learned the hard way about how to deal with this stuff.

The best thing to do when faced with something like this is take your kids and leave the state at the first sign of trouble. Never ever hand them over. 9 times out of ten the kid snatchers will give up and move on to an easier target.

Your kids are at huge risk for abuse in the system. It is in no way worth it to fight the system and voluntarily give them up to "prove a point"

And when the system becomes integrated across the entire nation, like it eventually will, what then?

mad cow
09-17-2013, 05:53 PM
On Friday, an Ingham County judge ordered the removal of 6-month-old Bree Green, saying the presence of marijuana makes them a target for a break-in.

What about the presence of gold,silver coins,big screen TV's,jewelry.....

fr33
09-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Kidnappers.

amy31416
09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Should have stuck with the illegal stuff, eh?

EBounding
09-17-2013, 08:43 PM

They probably would have been better off. The ex-husband of the wife made the complaint to CPS. The case workers wanted to inspect their grow room, but they refused without a court order.

When caseworkers visited the home and asked to inspect it, the Greens refused to allow them into the “garden,” or grow room, without a court order, citing a provision in the medical marijuana law that says only one person can have access to the room, said Joshua Covert, an attorney for the Greens.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130917/NEWS01/309170057/free-bree-medical-marijuana-baby-cps

Dr.3D
09-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah, nobody ever reports a break in where that stuff was stolen.

angelatc
09-17-2013, 08:46 PM
the presence of marijuana makes them a target for a break-in.

LOL - Living in half the neighborhoods in Ingham county makes them a target for a break-in.

alucard13mm
09-17-2013, 08:47 PM
State removes kids from homes with alcohol... I bet that would gain some traction.

09-17-2013, 09:36 PM
And when the system becomes integrated across the entire nation, like it eventually will, what then?

That is nowhere on the horizon. But you do whatever it takes to keep your kids safe. Your most important duty on this earth is to protect your kids.

tod evans
09-18-2013, 01:43 AM
The ex-husband of the wife made the complaint to CPS.

So this is yet another case of an ex using CPS to try and gain custody..

Working Poor
09-18-2013, 03:59 AM
I told you that legalizing pot would cause problems like this. Do not get a medical marijuana card especially if you have children.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2013, 05:57 AM
?

http://endlessboredom.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/straw-that-broke-the-camel-s-back.jpg

Pffft....this is Boobus we're talking about.

Those cops could have barbequed those kids and had them for lunch, Boobus would have defended the brave officers.

"They have to have a good meal to stay safe and alert."

Anti Federalist
09-18-2013, 06:01 AM
That is nowhere on the horizon. But you do whatever it takes to keep your kids safe. Your most important duty on this earth is to protect your kids.

Amber Alert.

You are living in a dangerous fantasy world if you think for one second that the system is not nationwide.

If the beast decides it wants you, you have two choices, and two choices only.

Submit.

Resist.

You can no more "run" in Fortress AmeriKa, than you can grow wings and flap to the moon.

tod evans
09-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Amber Alert.

You are living in a dangerous fantasy world if you think for one second that the system is not nationwide.

Submit.

Resist.

You can no more "run" in Fortress AmeriKa, than you can grow wings and flap to the moon.

If a person tries to run and actually makes it past the border then the feds get involved and drag 'em back to face charges of kidnapping their own kids...

There's a mess brewing...

Whether it's intentional or not remains to be seen...

BSWPaulsen
09-18-2013, 10:24 AM
The assholes weren't lying. They were a target for a break-in, after all. By the State.

09-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Amber Alert.

Submit.

Resist.

Those alerts are a joke. Anyone with half a brain could defeat them. Different car with different plates, pay cash for everything, change appearance cut dye hair, don't go anywhere where you have been before or are known.

If you really want to keep the state from kidnapping your kids it's not that hard.

phill4paul
09-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Those alerts are a joke. Anyone with half a brain could defeat them. Different car with different plates, pay cash for everything, change appearance cut dye hair, don't go anywhere where you have been before or are known.

If you really want to keep the state from kidnapping your kids it's not that hard.

Joshua and Sharyn Hakken would disagree.

phill4paul
09-18-2013, 10:33 AM
double

tod evans
09-18-2013, 10:34 AM

"The State" had a court order in the OP......

Once they have an order they will charge the parents with kidnapping once they're caught..

The fight really must take place before an order is issued and being the devious bastards that they are CPS is granted "closed door" hearings on a regular basis.....

It's for the kids afterall...:rolleyes:

09-18-2013, 10:38 AM
"The State" had a court order in the OP......

Once they have an order they will charge the parents with kidnapping once they're caught..

The fight really must take place before an order is issued and being the devious bastards that they are CPS is granted "closed door" hearings on a regular basis.....

It's for the kids afterall...:rolleyes:

Don't let them in without a warrant. While they are getting a warrant, take your kids and leave the state. Usually they will move on to a softer target.

tod evans
09-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Don't let them in without a warrant. While they are getting a warrant, take your kids and leave the state. Usually they will move on to a softer target.

Did you completely overlook the part about a court order?

Keith and stuff
09-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Live in an area where there are 1,000s of liberty activists. That way you might have people on the jury in your defense. You might have reporters, radio hosts and so on come to your defense. You might have bloggers, protestors outside of bad people's houses and so on. That's part of the idea behind the Free State Project. So at least 1 in place in the world, if what you described happens, there will be other ways. If you don't live in NH, you are out of luck. Thankfully, many of the top liberty activists in the world at thinking of maybe moving to NH as part of the FSP.

tod evans
09-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Live in an area where there are 1,000s of liberty activists. That way you might have people on the jury in your defense. You might have reporters, radio hosts and so on come to your defense. You might have bloggers, protestors outside of bad people's houses and so on. That's part of the idea behind the Free State Project. So at least 1 in place in the world, if what you described happens, there will be other ways. If you don't live in NH, you are out of luck. Thankfully, many of the top liberty activists in the world at thinking of maybe moving to NH as part of the FSP.

Do you have at least one sitting judge that supports the idea of a jury in a child custody case?

I'm very interested to know how this works because I've never heard of a jury in a custody hearing...

HOLLYWOOD
09-18-2013, 11:33 AM
State removes kids from homes with alcohol... I bet that would gain some traction.The hard alcohol, Wine, and beer industries won't allow such bad PR... you know how this Fascist System works in America today.

Sounds like the POT industry needs to bribe, uh, I mean lobby government at all levels for equal standing.

And that's just the way it is...

specsaregood
09-18-2013, 11:49 AM

A friend asked me why I turned him down when he offered me some smoke. I told him, "I have a kid now, I can't risk somebody reporting me and thus having CPS take my kid away. Hell, you could report me yourself after smoking me out and ruin my life. So as much as I might enjoy that, no thanks." 'merika.

Christian Liberty
09-18-2013, 12:48 PM

Kill the kidnappers on sight. That's really the only option if it comes down to that.

amy31416
09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
If a person tries to run and actually makes it past the border then the feds get involved and drag 'em back to face charges of kidnapping their own kids...

There's a mess brewing...

Whether it's intentional or not remains to be seen...

Whatever happened to those folks who lost their kids to the grandparents, took off in a boat (for another country?), and finally got busted by the cops? Can't remember names so I have no idea how to do a search.

tod evans
09-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Whatever happened to those folks who lost their kids to the grandparents, took off in a boat (for another country?), and finally got busted by the cops? Can't remember names so I have no idea how to do a search.

I just tried googling to no avail...

amy31416
09-18-2013, 02:55 PM

Disregard previous post--that's who I was talking about, right?

amy31416
09-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I just tried googling to no avail...

I hadn't gotten to that post yet, wiseass. :angry:

:p

09-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Did you completely overlook the part about a court order?

They don't work over state lines without extradition papers.

But I don't care about court orders when it comes to my kids. Nobody but me knows what is best for them, the state has no opinion.

I've had full custody of my kids for 10 years. I took them and moved to another state, then moved to another state even farther away this year. My last interaction with the courts was 8 years ago when a judge got frustrated and said in court "No matter what I rule, you are just going to do whatever you want, aren't you?" I said yes, walked out in the middle of the proceedings and have never dealt with them again.

Admittedly I only got away with this because my ex wife has borderline personality disorder and both filed false paperwork in court and called the cops with false reports untold numbers of times. They both got so sick of her they refused to take any more action against me.

But it does show you can just refuse to submit to the state and win sometimes.

dannno
09-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Disregard previous post--that's who I was talking about, right?

Thems the ones.

mad cow
09-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Kill the kidnappers on sight. That's really the only option if it comes down to that.

Ooh,great idea.And they all lived happily ever after. :rolleyes:

Keith and stuff
09-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Do you have at least one sitting judge that supports the idea of a jury in a child custody case?

I'm very interested to know how this works because I've never heard of a jury in a custody hearing...
I think you missed the point. Some complete aholes had their child taken in NH. Because some liberty people rallied in their defense, they got their child back. Now just imagine what it will be like when there is 12 times the concentration of liberty activists in NH.

mczerone
09-18-2013, 07:55 PM
What about the presence of gold,silver coins,big screen TV's,jewelry.....

My thoughts exactly. No rich people can have kids. No business owners can have kids. No one with guns can have kids. No one with prescription painkillers can have kids. No one with kids who have a new XBox can have kids.

Even if taken as a valid reason (which it's not), where's the evidence that medical growers (who have strict under-lock-and-key regulations) are more likely to be burglarized?

This is just a squirmy little judge who needs to be removed from the bench if he has to go to such lengths to avoid following the Michigan law that specifically says that medicinal users should face no prejudice in custody matters based on actions allowed by the Michigan Medical Marihuana law. And he used legal reasoning that goes way beyond the issue to effectively give CPS the right to take any kid from any home that's not a fortress surrounding nothing but the kid.