PDA

View Full Version : Daily Caller: Cops at Ohio State University have an armored fighting vehicle now

jct74
09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
The cops at Ohio State have an armored fighting vehicle now

by Eric Owens
8:59 AM 09/17/2013

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Ohio-State-military-vehicle-Reddit-imgur.jpg

The Ohio State University Department of Public Safety has acquired an armored military vehicle that looks like it belongs in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Gary Lewis, a senior director of media relations at OSU, told The Daily Caller via email that the “unique, special-purpose vehicle is a replacement” for the “police fleet.” He called the armored jalopy “an all-hazard, all-purpose, public safety-response vehicle” with “obviously enhanced capabilities.”

Lewis did not specify exactly what previous mode of transport was replaced.

He noted that the vehicle was “acquired at no cost from Military Surplus.” He also bragged that it has “extremely low miles and is in nearly new condition” but elaborated no further concerning the acquisition.

“We are in the process of making it usable for our needs in an urban campus environment,” Lewis explained. “Specifically we are removing the top turret and repainting.”

Lewis also noted that OSU’s campus cops are “the first agency in the state to acquire such a vehicle”—presumably ahead of less vital departments such as the Ohio Emergency Management Agency. He did not provide the make and model of the vehicle despite TheDC’s specific request.

read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/17/the-cops-at-ohio-state-have-an-armored-fighting-vehicle-now/

fr33
09-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Not good enough. The donut-grazers need a nuke.

Kotin
09-17-2013, 11:48 AM
'Merica

phill4paul
09-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Guess this is a good place for this...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SswXJX6X-ow

TruckinMike
09-17-2013, 04:08 PM
MaxxPro MRAP

Built to save lives.

The International® MaxxPro is Navistar Defence’s Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle and incorporates the latest design in armoring technology. Extensively tested by the military and used in theater today, the MaxxPro features a V-shaped hull and other design features that greatly improve survivability. With so much protection, it’s the vehicle that every crew wants when they’re out in the field.

Vehicle Highlights

V-shaped hull to deflect IED blasts away from the vehicle
Vehicle can be fitted with add-on armor
Protection against direct fire and RPG rounds
Vehicle is powered by an International MaxxForce D9.3I6 diesel engine

The MaxxPro MRAP is built to withstand ballistic arms fire, mine blasts, IEDs, and other emerging threats. Its V-shaped hull helps deflect blasts out and away from the crew and its armoring can be customized to meet any mission requirement.

dannno
09-17-2013, 04:18 PM
You know, Kent State is IN Ohio....

tod evans
09-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Gotta 1-up the Kent-State massacre....

angelatc
09-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Gotta 1-up the Kent-State massacre....

Kent State is soooo last century.

tod evans
09-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Kent State is soooo last century.

New and improved coming soon to a town near you....

LibForestPaul
09-17-2013, 06:38 PM
What about a Harrier. Every college needs a VLO.

The vehicle carriers a nuke, Slayer CD with love.

Die hippies, die.

HOLLYWOOD
09-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Kent State is soooo last century.YEP... They just need to paint it black to give it that "Nazi SS" threatening image of authority/death.

PS: and tuition continues to increase

Dr.3D
09-17-2013, 06:48 PM
I wonder why the military doesn't just keep it for Iran.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, the MIC wants to make new ones for that adventure.
Follow the money.

TonySutton
09-17-2013, 06:58 PM
It's for the Michigan game :P

Reason
09-17-2013, 07:23 PM
They gotta get out of it at some point...

FloralScent
09-17-2013, 07:32 PM
It's for the Michigan game :P

The drunken yobs may mistake for a fancy dumpster and set it ablaze.