PDA

View Full Version : TX State Troopers Make Unlawful Arrest for Open Carrying Black Powder Pistols (video)

QuickZ06
09-15-2013, 10:55 AM
State officials are getting involved to try to force release. The officer was confronted with the law. Watch him squirm!

Texas law specifically exempts black powder replicas from the definition of a handgun or firearm, which was indeed what the person who was arrested was open carrying...a black powder replica pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UXEFhyBz4

More at link.

http://www.dailypaul.com/299172/texas-state-troopers-unlawfully-arrest-open-carry-activist-video

aGameOfThrones
09-15-2013, 11:21 AM
So many good cops.

Mundanes: here is the law, read it.

Good bike cop: I'm reading, I'm reading, I'm reading, I guess that gun is exempt.

Mundanes: do you think that the arrest was wrong?

Good bike cop: no.

TruckinMike
09-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Its too bad that texas legislators can't simply support freedom. They talk a lot of talk but when it comes down to reinstating freedom -- they always go the way of the tyrant. There is a lot of pressure for them to go along and get along. They succumb every time. Weak and pathetic. --> The Great Rick perry is at the helm of the ship --> "Corruption".

Reason
09-16-2013, 02:55 AM
TX...

Where people pretend there is freedom.

fr33
09-16-2013, 06:41 AM
But hey, our state troopers at least wear the appropriate brown shirts. :mad:

oyarde
09-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I dunno what it is about state troopers everywhere.Where do they find them ? Do schools and the Corp keep a list of those with the lowest social skills for this employment later ?

AFPVet
09-16-2013, 11:21 AM
I dunno what it is about state troopers everywhere.Where do they find them ? Do schools and the Corp keep a list of those with the lowest social skills for this employment later ?

Lately, they've been recruiting vets with power hungry and fascist mindsets.

Keith and stuff
09-16-2013, 11:24 AM
This wasn't as bad as the guy sitting down outside a Starbucks with an unloaded rifle. He was also arrested :( Though, the police claimed that state law says as long as 1 person complains or something, it is illegal to show a gun on property that you don't own in TX. I want this to go to court so that it is settled. People need to know, are you allowed to visibly transport guns in Texas or so they always have to be 100% hidden from sight?

AFPVet
09-16-2013, 11:28 AM
This wasn't as bad as the guy sitting down outside a Starbucks with an unloaded rifle. He was also arrested :( Though, the police claimed that state law says as long as 1 person complains or something, it is illegal to show a gun on property that you don't own in TX. I want this to go to court so that it is settled. People need to know, are you allowed to visibly transport guns in Texas or so they always have to be 100% hidden from sight?

Hmm... some states have weird laws. I know that you can transport across state lines if your weapon and ammo are in separate compartments (weapon locked and secured). You just can't dilly dolly around. In my state, you can transport your firearm this way from your home to your place of business (if you own it or the owner says you can have it) without a permit. ... but you cannot transport your weapon from your house to the range without a LTCH or "target permit".

Keith and stuff
09-16-2013, 11:59 AM
According to some ahole Police in Texas, it is illegal for anyone to see a firearm on public property if 1 person says OMG! and calls the police and screams.

nobody's_hero
09-16-2013, 12:28 PM
TX...

Where people pretend there is freedom.

Texas has been a fairly large disappointment recently. Stories like this come out of New York and you think, 'blah blah yeah yeah this is an average day in New York.' But then you re-read the same article with 'Texas' in it and . . . . I'm just shaking my head here.

Czolgosz
09-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Irony: the government caging people exercising their "second amendment rights"... without a shot fired.

Keith and stuff
09-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Texas has been a fairly large disappointment recently. Stories like this come out of New York and you think, 'blah blah yeah yeah this is an average day in New York.' But then you re-read the same article with 'Texas' in it and . . . . I'm just shaking my head here.
They both ban open carry, as do all of the highly populated states. Open carry in CA? No. Open Carry in FL? No. Open Carry in IL? No. Open carry in TX? No. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=604985022878081&set=a.172188502824404.34847.147390698637518&type=1

AFPVet
09-16-2013, 02:20 PM
They both ban open carry, as do all of the highly populated states. Open carry in CA? No. Open Carry in FL? No. Open Carry in IL? No. Open carry in TX? No. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=604985022878081&set=a.172188502824404.34847.147390698637518&type=1

Yep. It must be concealed in TX and FL. Which is really weird for TX to be CC only, since back in the Wild West, everyone was open carry there.

Keith and stuff
09-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Yep. It must be concealed in TX and FL. Which is really weird for TX to be CC only, since back in the Wild West, everyone was open carry there.

Did the wild west even happen in TX? From the movies, it seems like AZ and KS are the most famous places. Of course, facts tell us, the wild west was actually a pretty safe place, certainly safer than the modern US big cities.

fr33
09-16-2013, 07:27 PM

Nobody living in TX should be surprised about things like this. "Law and order" politicians and bureaucrats are popular here. There are cops all over the place; even in places where there's no people.

Henry Rogue
09-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Got to love the Video Activist though. They were on top of it.

Pericles
09-16-2013, 09:18 PM

basically there are two types of restrictions on firearms in Texas. (A) Carrying a handgun is prohibited, unless you have a carry permit (in which case the handgun must be concealed - as of 1st September of this year unintentional display is no longer a violation of the concealed carry requirement) or on your property or property under your control to include vehicles (B) there are places where weapons of all types are prohibited. A black powder revolver is not a firearm under Texas law, but could be a weapon. The state capitol is not a place where weapons are prohibited.