PDA

View Full Version : EBT+Facebook=Jail

tod evans
09-15-2013, 05:52 AM
From Drudge..

WOMAN, 23, CHARGED WITH WELFARE FRAUD FOR SELLING EBT CARD

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/upiUPI-20130914-145845-7293

BROOKSVILLE, Fla., Sept. 14 (UPI) --
Police in Florida have charged a woman with welfare fraud for allegedly selling her food stamp card on Facebook.

Ashley Renee McGinley, 23, was charged in August while being held on an unrelated charge. The Hernando County Sheriff's Office said they received complaints from some of McGinley's Facebook friends about her advertising the sale, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel said.

She reportedly offered to sell a $100 EBT card for just $50.

Police interviewed McGinley who admitted to selling the card to a friend named "Kenneth." Police determined that was Kenneth Dunham, who later told police McGinley sold him a $200 EBT card for $100.

There's a video at the link..... but the first dozen comments are encouraging..

kathy88
09-15-2013, 06:10 AM
There was a news clip going around FB yesterday about a woman who reported her purse stolen from her car. Went on to say the purse was worth 400 her wallet worth 200 with 800 cash. Oh, and also her food stamp card. The lib comments defending this bitch astounded me.

tod evans
09-15-2013, 06:16 AM
There was a news clip going around FB yesterday about a woman who reported her purse stolen from her car. Went on to say the purse was worth 400 her wallet worth 200 with 800 cash. Oh, and also her food stamp card. The lib comments defending this bitch astounded me.

My poor ol' wallet is worn through in spots, wouldn't carry a purse if I was paid to, got less that $80. bucks in cash and have never got free food...

But I can look in the mirror!