PDA

View Full Version : Draft

RonPaulGetsIt
06-25-2007, 03:24 AM
The Democrats won the mid-term elections essentially due to their supposed opposition to the war. I think we are so excited about Ron Paul's integrity and unblemished voting record that we have lost sight of the simple fact he is against the war in Iraq and that this fact isn't know by average Americans. I believe we can quickly get his poll numbers up to 20% or more if we make it well known that Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate republican running. First things first. We need name recognition and rising poll numbers.

Most people don't want to hear about fiscal policy and defending the constitution. These people are busy living their everyday lives and will get around to thinking about politics when they start hearing about it everyday in the news. For now we need a short, to the point, way to give Ron Paul enough recognition so he can't be ignored. We all know Ron Paul is the Thomas Jefferson of our time, but that message will come out to the masses later, after he has name recognition and after he is polling within the top 2 or 3.

I was thinking about a Bumper Sticker that read something like the following:

Don't bomb Iran.
Get out of Iraq.
Prevent a Draft.
Ron Paul for President.

Maybe we could also put that on the front of a T-shirt with some bullet points about his voting record on the back.

The prospect of a military draft is very real and it's an issue that is very powerful. It's especially timely as our young people graduate high school and college this time of year and they and their parents reflect on what the future will hold. We want name recognition. This will do it.

Additionally, talking about a draft will make the rest of the candidates go on the record for or against it. This is our Trump card.

Also has anyone contacted the campaign and asked if they could include a link to this forum on RonPaul2008.com?

beermotor
06-25-2007, 04:16 AM
Make me a nice sticker like that on CafePress and I'll buy it.

SeanEdwards
06-25-2007, 04:41 AM
A picture of Thomas Jefferson with the caption:

"I'd vote for Ron Paul"

beermotor
06-25-2007, 05:04 AM
A picture of Thomas Jefferson with the caption:

"I'd vote for Ron Paul"

I think those already exist, and probably aren't that helpful honestly. I'd imagine most of America wouldn't even recognize him, and he is on ... well crap I thought he was on the nickel or the quarter but I think I'm wrong. Hell, whatever, proves my point!

DrStrabismus
06-25-2007, 05:54 AM
I thought he was on the nickel

He's on the two dollar bill! The real reason they stopped printing large numbers of them... get rid of jefferson!:eek:

ButchHowdy
06-25-2007, 06:37 AM
If I were 18 again and the thought of a draft loomed over me, I would be a zealous Ron Paul supporter