PDA

View Full Version : Liberty University Politicizes Convocation

Todd
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Got another interesting email.
Some Hypocrites in the Liberty U. administration eh.
Todd

Mike Huckabee spoke at Liberty University's convocation service today. There were over 10,000 total in attendance including the live stream for Faculty and Staff in North Campus.

There were a handful of Ron Paul supporters outside the Vines Center, many of us LU staff. We had a few big signs, got a few more signatures, and handed out probably over 100 slim jims. Some students were very receptive and even hand-shakingly excited about Ron Paul, while others made less positive remarks. A few Ron Paul signs went up in the Vines when Huckabee was introduced.

I got a good laugh out of two friends who were walking by and when one of them made a negative remark about Ron Paul, his friend chastised him and said "Dude what are you talking about? This dude is awesome!" and asked for some of our fliers. It looked like the two had never discussed their preferred candidates before by the look on the other guy's face, so it was a cool situation.

Jerry Falwell Jr., the Chancellor of LU, stated at the end of convocation that Liberty welcomes any and all politicians that are willing to come speak at Liberty, "Whether Republican or Democrat".

Some of us have recently sent requests to Jerry Jr. to invite Ron Paul to come speak, but he responded saying that LU did not want to "politicize" convocation. Obviously, that excuse is now null and void, so I recommend anyone affiliated with LU to send a RESPECTFUL request to Jerry Falwell Jr. to have Ron Paul come speak. I'm going to send a request highlighting the reasons why Ron Paul shares the vision of Liberty University and see if we can bring Ron to Lynchburg to an audience of 10,000 strong. Be sure to mention the fact that he explicitly stated that LU is open to all candidates, regardless of their views.

steph3n
11-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Interesting, that was from an LU staffer?

Benaiah
11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
//

reduen
11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
If I knew that Huckabee was gonna speak, I would have drove over there to join you guys. I'm only 1.5 hours away.

It would be cool if we had a special section of the forums that we could notify each other of where all the candidates are going, Glenn Beck, ect..

Very Good idea Ben!

FreeMind&Market
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Here's a tiny URL to the local paper regarding the appearance ...

http://tinyurl.com/26lcvt