PDA

View Full Version : Red Lobster waitress who posted racist receipt

QuickZ06
09-14-2013, 09:36 AM
The Red Lobster waitress who said customers left her a receipt with the N-word on it returned to work Thursday ... and got a firm talking to from her bosses.

"They wanted me to sign something that said I understand that I violated company policy by posting the picture," Toni Christina Jenkins, a 19-year-old nursing student, told the Daily News.

The whole controversy began Saturday when Jenkins picked up a bill two customers left behind at the Red Lobster where she works in Franklin, Tenn., that she says read, "Tip . . . . . none. Total . . . N----r."

"I felt like I got kicked in the stomach. It was hard to receive," she said. "Initially, I just put it by the wayside. The manager said, 'You didn't do anything to deserve that so don't let it get to you.'"

Jenkins said she posted it to Facebook expecting it to get a few comments from her friends and did not expect it to go viral.

"It wasn't to get back at the gentleman," Jenkins said. "I knew his signature was there, but I didn't know his actual name was printed on the receipt. My intention wasn't to attack the guy."

In a written apology, that guy, Devin Barnes, admitted to signing "none" in the tip line when he ate at the restaurant with his wife but denied writing the racial epithet.

"I do not approve of the use of that type of talk, not now or ever!!!" Barnes wrote.

Barnes' attorney, Richard Dugger, told NBC News that the young man is innocent and someone else is to blame for the disturbing language.

"Whoever put that on that receipt was very wrong," Dugger said.

Both Jenkins and Barnes said they have gotten threats since the incident made national headlines. Jenkins is far from angry with Barnes now and even said that she would hug him if given the opportunity.

"I can only imagine what he's going through because he's on the other end. I don't wish anything bad against him at all," she said.

Jenkins, who lives with her parents, said that she is working at Red Lobster to save up enough money for a car.

“I don't want anymore drama in my life,” she said. “I just want to go to work, get the money for a car and go to school. ... That's all.”

Red Lobster was not immediately available for comment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/red-lobster-waitress-posted-racist-receipt-reprimanded-employer-article-1.1452767

I am no hand writing expert but those two words do not look like they came from the same hand. The "E's" look different and the hand writing seems to be going upward. If the guy did in fact not write that, I feel sorry for him and the person who pulled this stunt is one low life.

specsaregood
09-14-2013, 10:00 AM
I am no hand writing expert but those two words do not look like they came from the same hand. The "E's" look different and the hand writing seems to be going upward. If the guy did in fact not write that, I feel sorry for him and the person who pulled this stunt is one low life.

Hard to tell, since evidently we have become such a PC nation that we even have to blur out banned words.

torchbearer
09-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Hard to tell, since evidently we have become such a PC nation that we even have to blur out banned words.

even here.

brandon
09-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Stiffing someone on a tip is probably worse than calling them a name. Dude is a scum bag

FloralScent
09-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Stiffing someone on a tip is probably worse than calling them a name. Dude is a scum bag

Maybe she provided extra shitty service.

torchbearer
09-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Maybe she provided extra shitty service.

If the person didn't ask for a different servicer, and continued to use that service, regardless of quality. it is theft of service to not pay for their labor.
you made that person your slave.

specsaregood
09-14-2013, 10:44 AM
If the person didn't ask for a different servicer, and continued to use that service, regardless of quality. it is theft of service to not pay for their labor. you made that person your slave.

Looks to me like he paid the total of his bill. What theft?

AFPVet
09-14-2013, 11:33 AM
If the dude didn't like his server, he could've asked to sit somewhere else. Wait staff are assigned to sections—he could've asked to be seated at a different table. As for the tip, some wait staff get their primary income from tips.

tod evans
09-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Tips are a gratuity and those who expect them are no better than a leach.

However those who provide service that warrants a tip are a valuable addition to any eating establishment and should by all means be rewarded thusly.

As far as P/C...........I'm not.

bolil
09-14-2013, 12:41 PM
If the person didn't ask for a different servicer, and continued to use that service, regardless of quality. it is theft of service to not pay for their labor.

Except that servers understand that tips are voluntary. Perhaps, if you consider such lack of tip slavery, you should agitate for an increase in minimum wage. This guy might be a prick, but he isn't a slaver because he didn't tip.

Theft of service? Customer does not employ the server, and transacts with the business (not the server). It isn't theft of service, though it may be ignorant.

I've worked in all manner of restaurants, never been bitter about not receiving a tip that I deemed reasonable. Of course, I've never been called ****** on a receipt. Been called an idiot though.

Now she has posted it on the internet, which is her right. Maybe this guy will get fired and leaving ignorant messages on a receipt will be a thing of his past. Unless, of course, there are restaurants that serve Ramen noodles.

The Free Hornet
09-14-2013, 01:42 PM

Seriously? Who is arrested for rape of wallet after poor service and a subpar lobster?

Even if I take your contention at face value, the service would have to start ANEW to get a FULL tip. If they only take over for the second half of dinner service and dessert, then that is half a tip's worth. Even still, there would be my compensation for wasted time. At the point of needing a new server, if the restaurant manager hasn't comp'd the meal and/or fired the server, the whole damn place likely ought to be out of business.

Edit: Remember, the answer is less government, not more.

devil21
09-14-2013, 01:58 PM
If the dude didn't like his server, he could've asked to sit somewhere else. Wait staff are assigned to sections—he could've asked to be seated at a different table. As for the tip, some wait staff get their primary income from tips.

Risky stuff there, pissing off those that handle your food. If I was that disappointed with the service I would have asked to see the manager, explain my issue, likely get the meal consumed so far comped, then LEAVE and never go back. Definitely not giving the new server opportunity to mess with my food.

The Free Hornet
09-14-2013, 01:58 PM

At what point?

1) When they are slow on the drink/appetizer order?
2) When they forget to bring your table bread but you see bread on every other table?
3) When the wrong appetizer is brought out but you 'grin and bare it'?
4) When the side you ordered is 'forgotten' and needs to come 5 mins after the dinner?
5) When the fish tastes funny or the steak is dry/tough (cook works the whole restaurant, moving won't help)?
6) When the busboy spills water on you (he works the whole restaurant so moving won't help)?
7) When the check takes 15 minutes to come because a selfie/receipt-snapping snowflake has to take a little break?

I've never stiffed somebody on a tip - or maybe "stiff" has been 10% instead of 15-20+% but it is baffling the entitlement mentality some seem to have here. Restaurants are tough, unforgiving work. I wouldn't switch tables at a restaurant unless I was convinced there was no way to get to another restaurant within a reasonable timeframe.

You leave, the server is fired, and the restaurant goes under. End of story. Missing a tip ought to be among the least of their problems.

FloralScent
09-14-2013, 02:44 PM

Nonsense. I waited tables when I was a kid. If I ignored my tables and stood by kitchen yucking it up with my friends and got stiffed I didn't have any right to bitch.

I almost always tip 20% or better. I've only stiffed a waitress once in probably the last 5 years but the service was so bad, she didn't deserve her hourly wage much less a tip.

angelatc
09-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Looks to me like he paid the total of his bill. What theft?

Exactly. She was getting an hourly wage, too.

JustinTime
09-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Im not an expert on this, the unspeakable word (what we can see of it, apparently not are we not allowed to say it but we cant see it either) doesn't look like it was made by the same hand that wrote the rest.

Could it be that she wrote it in herself to get back at a customer who stiffed her?

angelatc
09-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Now she has posted it on the internet, which is her right. Maybe this guy will get fired and leaving ignorant messages on a receipt will be a thing of his past. Unless, of course, there are restaurants that serve Ramen noodles.

Or maybe he will get fired, and she will get to buy a new car with all the money that the sympathetic readers will send her. Then we will find out that she wrote it herself. She will get to keep the car, and he will get to sue the restaurant over the loss of his job.

Dr.3D
09-14-2013, 02:56 PM
The last time I went to Red Lobster, (about 15 years ago) The waiter refused to bring butter to put on the rolls. He told me the butter was already in the rolls and I didn't need any more. He is darned lucky I didn't bounce a few of those rolls off the back of his head to see if they would leave a butter mark. Needless to say, I didn't leave him a tip. From what I could tell, they were also using powdered sour cream that day and I mentioned it. Of course he told me it was real.

I haven't been back to Red Lobster since. They don't need my business.

TaftFan
09-14-2013, 03:02 PM
The last time I went to Red Lobster, (about 15 years ago) The waiter refused to bring butter to put on the rolls. He told me the butter was already in the rolls and I didn't need any more. He is darned lucky I didn't bounce a few of those rolls off the back of his head to see if they would leave a butter mark. Needless to say, I didn't leave him a tip. From what I could tell, they were also using powdered sour cream that day and I mentioned it. Of course he told me it was real.

I haven't been back to Red Lobster since. They don't need my business.

I don't know about back then...but you sure are missing out now!

JustinTime
09-14-2013, 03:04 PM
The last time I went to Red Lobster, (about 15 years ago) The waiter refused to bring butter to put on the rolls. He told me the butter was already in the rolls and I didn't need any more.

I had that happen at Sonny's, I got a pulled pork sandwich and told my waitress Id like some extra BBQ sauce. She rolls her eyes and makes this grunting sound and says "Pulled pork already has sauce." I said "I know but Id like some extra". She walks away and never brought any.

I finally waved her down and smiled and said politely "Don't forget my extra sauce", to which she replied "I told ya it come widd sauce!"

I got up, carried my plate to the counter and told the manager I wouldn't be eating this, nor paying for it. He agreed and I haven't been back since.

kcchiefs6465
09-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Or maybe he will get fired, and she will get to buy a new car with all the money that the sympathetic readers will send her. Then we will find out that she wrote it herself. She will get to keep the car, and he will get to sue the restaurant over the loss of his job.
You're probably not too far off.

heavenlyboy34
09-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Yup^ I also don't do handwriting analysis, but those two samples look too different to be from the same hand IMO.

Jamesiv1
09-14-2013, 04:37 PM
I've studied handwriting for years, and one letter is really not enough to go on. What you look for is patterns - 2 or 3 letters side-by-side that appear in the sample multiple times such as the word "the". All we have in this one is the letter 'e' which does look to me like 2 different hands, but still not enough to say with much certainty. Try comparing a couple of samples of your own handwriting, written on different days and different times of the day (one in the morning, one at night)

photo of the non-blurred out receipt: (http://esg6rzdhdg9i115s.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/red-lobster-receipt.jpg)

Bastiat's The Law
09-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Didn't read the thread.

Is this legit or did she write it herself?

Jamesiv1
09-14-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm going to take a wild-ass guess and say the husband wrote "none" and the wife added the n-word. Would love to see those two in an interview - read the body language and such.

oyarde
09-14-2013, 05:18 PM
I never leave / write a tip in if I pay with a card, I always tip in cash. Usually around twenty percent , unless the service was very bad ( do not run into that much ), then I would cut it in half . He may have left a tip ..... anyone could claim I did not , of course I would not give a crap....

MelissaWV
09-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I never leave / write a tip in if I pay with a card, I always tip in cash. Usually around twenty percent , unless the service was very bad ( do not run into that much ), then I would cut it in half . He may have left a tip ..... anyone could claim I did not , of course I would not give a crap....

I always write "CASH" on that line when I leave a cash tip. This makes it very clear that I did not stiff anyone, and it also removes the opportunity for someone to write in their own amount(s).

Southron
09-14-2013, 05:28 PM
I can't believe this is news.

heavenlyboy34
09-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I can't believe this is news.
Welcome to the internetz, where even the most mundane of happenings (like Collins picking his nose in public) is news-worthy. :toady:

Bohner
09-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Yup^ I also don't do handwriting analysis, but those two samples look too different to be from the same hand IMO.

Who the hell writes "none" in the tip amount? Wouldn't a person simply either write 0.00, or more likely cross out the line altogether? And even if he did write none, why would he leave the total amount blank for someone else to write on?

I would think that by writing "none," the patron was trying to be disrespectful, which makes his putting the N word in the total amount much more likely.

ghengis86
09-14-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't know about back then...but you sure are missing out now!

Please tell me you're joking!! Red Lobster is no more seafood than TGI Fridays is a steak joint. It's rubbery, flavorless crap covered in butter, garlic, deep fried, or otherwise masked by everything but real seafood flavor. You shouldn't need a bunch if clarified butter! Come to the coast and we'll get some real fresh seafood!

Back on topic, different writing, too PC and who gives a crap when WWIII is about to poo off?

Occam's Banana
09-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Who the hell writes "none" in the tip amount? Wouldn't a person simply either write 0.00, or more likely cross out the line altogether? And even if he did write none, why would he leave the total amount blank for someone else to write on?

I would think that by writing "none," the patron was trying to be disrespectful, which makes his putting the N word in the total amount much more likely.

If I am ever put on trial for anything, I sure as hell hope you are not on the jury ...

MelissaWV
09-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Please tell me you're joking!! Red Lobster is no more seafood than TGI Fridays is a steak joint. It's rubbery, flavorless crap covered in butter, garlic, deep fried, or otherwise masked by everything but real seafood flavor. You shouldn't need a bunch if clarified butter! Come to the coast and we'll get some real fresh seafood!

Back on topic, different writing, too PC and who gives a crap when WWIII is about to poo off?

The additional sodium is awful. My parents love the place. I pretty much just have a Caesar salad and a "cheddar biscuit" when I go.

James Madison
09-14-2013, 06:47 PM
I've studied handwriting for years, and one letter is really not enough to go on. What you look for is patterns - 2 or 3 letters side-by-side that appear in the sample multiple times such as the word "the". All we have in this one is the letter 'e' which does look to me like 2 different hands, but still not enough to say with much certainty. Try comparing a couple of samples of your own handwriting, written on different days and different times of the day (one in the morning, one at night)

photo of the non-blurred out receipt: (http://esg6rzdhdg9i115s.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/red-lobster-receipt.jpg)

Shape and also pressure are the best patterns to look for. If you'll notice, the top line and the signature are darker than the second line. We shouldn't expect this since most people fill out a receipt (or any form) from top-to-bottom and hand pressure is usually consistent in such a small sample size. Looks like it was written in after the fact. Possibly from the same person as a last second addition.

Bohner
09-14-2013, 07:51 PM
If I am ever put on trial for anything, I sure as hell hope you are not on the jury ...

I never said anything about it beyond a reasonable doubt. This is an internet forum, not a courtroom.

Though the e-forensics experts in this thread have certainly made a compelling case.

oyarde
09-14-2013, 07:57 PM
The additional sodium is awful. My parents love the place. I pretty much just have a Caesar salad and a "cheddar biscuit" when I go.

The Calamari , crab and lobster , salads are alright, used to have a pretty good NewYork Strip too , but I do not think ithas been on the menu for awhile.I do not eat out a bunch , but we probably stop in couple times a year .If I am eating out it is usually on the road somewhere at a diner. Real seafood is best of course, fresh on a coast somewhere , but some people live other places.

MelissaWV
09-14-2013, 08:16 PM
The Calamari , crab and lobster , salads are alright, used to have a pretty good NewYork Strip too , but I do not think ithas been on the menu for awhile.I do not eat out a bunch , but we probably stop in couple times a year .If I am eating out it is usually on the road somewhere at a diner. Real seafood is best of course, fresh on a coast somewhere , but some people live other places.

I'm not a snob about it, and I also realize that it varies (as all franchises do from place to place), but Olive Garden and Red Lobster have so much salt and... I don't know a way to say it other than to call it fake-sodium-taste... I can't eat it.

I am not opposed to breading and saucing, though. I have a weakness for Bang-Bang Shrimp. It's possible the chopsticks contribute to my appreciation for this dish.

I like eating at non-franchises most of the time just because it's easier to talk to the owner/manager and get real answers to what's in the food :) It's nice to know.

amy31416
09-14-2013, 08:26 PM

I bet those cretins eat canned tuna too.

Couldn't resist. :p

P.S. The "cheddar biscuit" is surely worse than any can/packet of processed tuna. Should you see a therapist?

TaftFan
09-14-2013, 08:27 PM

I'm from the south. Butter is a necessity.

FloralScent
09-14-2013, 08:37 PM
the N word....

Nipples?

MelissaWV
09-14-2013, 08:43 PM
I bet those cretins eat canned tuna too.

Couldn't resist. :p

P.S. The "cheddar biscuit" is surely worse than any can/packet of processed tuna. Should you see a therapist?

My parents eat all kinds of awful things. My dad puts cumin in lasagna. The main reason I learned to cook was because their food was shockingly awful (and wasteful, since they would often use a part of a vegetable or expensive ingredient, then toss the rest).

Fish should be fresh. Sue me.

As for the cheddar biscuit, take your pick of the godawful things that make up the dinner in question: dressing, croutons (probably made from cheddar biscuit rejects that didn't rise), the biscuit itself, and the water (tap water... and I can tell it's our local tap water... but there's not really another option there).

Cheddar Bay Biscuit (each) 150 calories, 8 total fat grams (2.5 grams saturated fat), 350mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, 3g protein

The salad is actually twice as much in every category except the carbs.

And nothing you say will ever make me look at this and think "yum yummy!"

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liqkga0n6w1qef8qg.jpg

Bohner
09-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Nipples?

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/People_c7a742_1331859.jpg

kcchiefs6465
09-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Anyone who doesn't love cheddar biscuits hates America.

amy31416
09-14-2013, 08:58 PM
My parents eat all kinds of awful things. My dad puts cumin in lasagna. The main reason I learned to cook was because their food was shockingly awful (and wasteful, since they would often use a part of a vegetable or expensive ingredient, then toss the rest).

Fish should be fresh. Sue me.

As for the cheddar biscuit, take your pick of the godawful things that make up the dinner in question: dressing, croutons (probably made from cheddar biscuit rejects that didn't rise), the biscuit itself, and the water (tap water... and I can tell it's our local tap water... but there's not really another option there).

Cheddar Bay Biscuit (each) 150 calories, 8 total fat grams (2.5 grams saturated fat), 350mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, 3g protein

The salad is actually twice as much in every category except the carbs.

And nothing you say will ever make me look at this and think "yum yummy!"

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liqkga0n6w1qef8qg.jpg

I like tuna salad. Probably because it was made well and with fresh ingredients, including homemade mayonnaise--there's nothing wrong with it. I think you need to accept that it's your own bias. And there's no way in hell that a processed cheddar biscuit is healthier than a can of tuna--never, ever.

Come on.

And yeah, of course fish should be fresh ideally, but I think we already discussed that that isn't an option for a lot of people or in a lot of places. But I'm not going to make a post that anyone who's eaten meatloaf has issues and try to defend it.

gwax23
09-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Whoever is running Red Lobster are idiots for going after this girl on this. Its PR suicide and will make them look ridiculous and stupid.

bolil
09-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Beats me, it is possible. I guess I don't really care about her outrage, yours, or anyone elses for that matter.

09-14-2013, 11:24 PM

that was my first thought

torchbearer
09-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Whoever is running Red Lobster are idiots for going after this girl on this. Its PR suicide and will make them look ridiculous and stupid.

I stopped spending money at applebees because of what they do to servers.

MelissaWV
09-15-2013, 10:09 AM
I like tuna salad. Probably because it was made well and with fresh ingredients, including homemade mayonnaise--there's nothing wrong with it. I think you need to accept that it's your own bias. And there's no way in hell that a processed cheddar biscuit is healthier than a can of tuna--never, ever.

Come on.

And yeah, of course fish should be fresh ideally, but I think we already discussed that that isn't an option for a lot of people or in a lot of places. But I'm not going to make a post that anyone who's eaten meatloaf has issues and try to defend it.

La-dee-da. Look who's Ms. FancyPants now.

By the way, I said that ... let's go slowly now ... people who are eating tuna out of cans or pouches probably have bigger issues (MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT) than whether or not the tuna in the cans and pouches is technically tuna. You really haven't said a thing in the past several months to refute that. In fact, you've gone on to talk about people not being able to afford fresh fish, etc.. That seems to be a bigger issue than whether the fish in their tuna can is actual tuna or another totally edible fish.

This may be a shock, but just because I realize something isn't healthy doesn't mean I never eat it. I never claimed a cheddar biscuit is healthier than a can of tuna. I claimed that your focus on the biscuit was silly given the caloric, fat, and sodium content of the other item I mentioned. Mind you, BOTH of those things are dwarfed entirely by anything else I could get at Red Lobster, and since the one here doesn't cook anything fresh without their sauces and seasonings anymore, I am pretty much out of options when stuck there.

Yeah... meatloaf... there's an apt comparison. Fresh ground beef, seasonings, vegetables, ham, cheese, tomato/wine sauce. That's just like opening a can of what appears to be catfood.

Honestly I have no idea where you're going with this. I still don't like the taste of Red Lobster's food, and I still am not about to pop open a can of tuna for lunch. By the time you're done making the tuna salad with homemade mayo, it's going to cost more than a lot of other lunch options I would personally prefer. The grand thing is you are perfectly free to have your catfood salad :) yay 'Merika.

JustinTime
09-15-2013, 11:21 AM

So what do you think... five or ten years?

Dr.3D
09-15-2013, 12:00 PM
So what do you think... five or ten years?
How about just thinking, 'some folks are like that' and moving on?

BlackTerrel
09-15-2013, 03:30 PM

You're not a handwriting expert but of course you pretend to know who is lying. Purely objective I'm sure.

green73
09-15-2013, 03:47 PM

:rolleyes:

QuickZ06
09-15-2013, 04:18 PM
You're not a handwriting expert but of course you pretend to know who is lying. Purely objective I'm sure.

No, but I am allowed to comment on the article. Like I said, since you failed to read what I wrote. If he did in fact not write it like he claims, it is a low stunt to pull on someone. Never said I was certain, just an observation. Could have been a co worker or distraught busser that wrote that in there for all we know.

It is all good HumanTerrel!

angelatc
09-15-2013, 04:28 PM

Really? You should always write NONE there to prevent someone from tampering with the receipt after you leave it there with a big fat blank. If you put 0, it's pretty easy to turn it into a bigger number. Like adding a 1 and a 0 in front of it.

Heck, some here would probably argue that if you don't, it's your fault if someone comes along and adds a little something to your check.

angelatc
09-15-2013, 04:30 PM
La-dee-da. Look who's Ms. FancyPants now.

By the way, I said that ... let's go slowly now ... people who are eating tuna out of cans or pouches probably have bigger issues (MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT) than whether or not the tuna in the cans and pouches is technically tuna. .

Tuna in cans *is* tuna. The chunk light tuna is over processed, and over salted but it is 100% tuna. It's different types of tuna all mushed up together, but still tuna.

Open a can of white albacore tuna though, and you're eating 100% albacore.

My hubby would like to know what your favorite fresh fish is, and where you procure it, because some of the worst games in the industry are being played with fresh fish.

Ender
09-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Exactly. She was getting an hourly wage, too.

Uhhhh.... in Utah the hourly wage for waiters is $2 an hour. No tip. No eat.

I tip everyone and I find most servers are good people, especially if you are friendly to them.

The problem isn't that the guy didn't tip- the problem is the crap written on the receipt.

Petar
09-15-2013, 04:43 PM
haha, there are like 5 separate simultaneous grudge matches going on in this thread.

tod evans
09-15-2013, 04:47 PM

I tip everyone and I find most servers are good people, especially if you are friendly to them.

The problem isn't that the guy didn't tip- the problem is the crap written on the receipt.

I too tip as a rule...

But..........I fully understand that tipping is my prerogative and if I don't care for the service/attitude or even odor of the waitress then I have the option of withholding any tip.

The quickest way to not get tipped is to be rude.

Ender
09-15-2013, 04:49 PM
I too tip as a rule...

But..........I fully understand that tipping is my prerogative and if I don't care for the service/attitude or even odor of the waitress then I have the option of withholding any tip.

The quickest way to not get tipped is to be rude.

Agree 1000%.

angelatc
09-15-2013, 04:50 PM

It's $2.10 an hour. Whats your point?

Ender
09-15-2013, 04:51 PM
It's $2.10 an hour. Whats your point?

Exxcccuuuuse me. YOU live on $2.10 an hour.

angelatc
09-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Exxcccuuuuse me. YOU live on $2.10 an hour.

If she can't do her job, then she doesn't even deserve that much.

Bohner
09-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Really? You should always write NONE there to prevent someone from tampering with the receipt after you leave it there with a big fat blank. If you put 0, it's pretty easy to turn it into a bigger number. Like adding a 1 and a 0 in front of it.

Heck, some here would probably argue that if you don't, it's your fault if someone comes along and adds a little something to your check.

I usually pay by cash, but it would be more simple to cross the line out (which I mentioned would be more likely in that post you quoted). Which would make more sense than writing "none."

It also doesn't explain why he would leave the total amount blank which is something I find a little odd.

Danke
09-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Tuna in cans *is* tuna. The chunk light tuna is over processed, and over salted but it is 100% tuna. It's different types of tuna all mushed up together, but still tuna.

Open a can of white albacore tuna though, and you're eating 100% albacore.

My hubby would like to know what your favorite fresh fish is, and where you procure it, because some of the worst games in the industry are being played with fresh fish.

I eat that from a pouch. I'm on the road a lot and get in sometimes late after restaurants are closed. So it is one of my traveling snacks that i carry.

But I suspect it may be Escolar, as I have chronic anal leakage.

Danke
09-15-2013, 05:08 PM
I usually pay by cash, but it would be more simple to cross the line out (which I mentioned would be more likely in that post you quoted). Which would make more sense than writing "none."

It also doesn't explain why he would leave the total amount blank which is something I find a little odd.

Instead of writing "none," I write, "get a real job."

angelatc
09-15-2013, 05:13 PM

There's no reason to duplicate the total if it hasn't changed. Maybe he's an accountant, because filling it out his way makes perfect sense to me.

angelatc
09-15-2013, 05:15 PM
I eat that from a pouch. I'm on the road a lot and get in sometimes late after restaurants are closed. So it is one of my traveling snacks that i carry.

And you'd be wrong. Tuna in cans and pouches is 100% Tuna. The misleading article that DonnaY posted was about tuna being sold in restaurants and sushi places. Nice to know the disinformation squad is so effective.

Danke
09-15-2013, 05:19 PM
And you'd be wrong. Tuna in cans and pouches is 100% Tuna. The misleading article that DonnaY posted was about tuna being sold in restaurants and sushi places. Nice to know the disinformation squad is so effective.

I'm always 100% serious, if you haven't noticed.

Edit: No one has chime in to give me advice about the anal leak problem.

TheTexan
09-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the internetz, where even the most mundane of happenings (like Collins picking his nose in public) is news-worthy. :toady:

Is it on youtube

TheTexan
09-15-2013, 05:29 PM
If she can't do her job, then she doesn't even deserve that much.

indeed. People dont deserve handouts solely because thet are paid shitty

MelissaWV
09-15-2013, 05:49 PM

The entire song and dance is back to an article about fish being swapped out in packaged fish products as well. I don't recall specifically, since it was ages ago and has since morphed into my being a snob because of a comment during an exchange about being able to tell the difference between two types of fish when they are fresh, then something about poor people eating tuna, then me saying if you're getting your tuna out of a can or pouch on a regular basis due to being poor then you have bigger problems. In other words, it's unimportant.

As for the fish, I usually procure it from fishermen. I don't really eat a whole lot of fish to start with (most of the fish available in this area is garbage fish, or Gulf-caught, and both are not that appealing to me). I do have a weakness for shrimp, but I generally like preparing them at home since most places don't efficiently clean them, and I have a hunch a lot of places don't store them well, either. If I buy at a store, I buy at the local seafood places which actually work with people they can name and are often out of things because of seasonal and luck issues.

My favorite fresh fish USED to be trout, fresh-caught, but that's no longer geographically feasible :(

MelissaWV
09-15-2013, 05:52 PM

You're assuming that there was no tip, and that he wrote what was seen on the receipt. Both seem to be pretty big assumptions right now.

angelatc
09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
By the way, I said that ... let's go slowly now ... people who are eating tuna out of cans or pouches probably have bigger issues (MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT) than whether or not the tuna in the cans and pouches is technically tuna

The entire song and dance is back to an article about fish being swapped out in packaged fish products as well, I don't recall specifically, since it was ages ago and has since morphed into my being a snob because of a comment during an exchange about being able to tell the difference between two types of fish when they are fresh, then something about poor people eating tuna, then me saying if you're getting your tuna out of a can or pouch on a regular basis due to being poor then you have bigger problems. In other words, it's unimportant.

The article you're referring to was talking about fish being mislabeled in restaurants, sushi places and grocery store counters. Didn't have squat to do with canned tuna not being real tuna. People eating canned tuna don't have to worry about whether they're eating real tuna, so they can worry about more important things.

As for the fish, I usually procure it from fishermen. I don't really eat a whole lot of fish to start with (most of the fish available in this area is garbage fish, or Gulf-caught, and both are not that appealing to me). I do have a weakness for shrimp, but I generally like preparing them at home since most places don't efficiently clean them, and I have a hunch a lot of places don't store them well, either. If I buy at a store, I buy at the local seafood places which actually work with people they can name and are often out of things because of seasonal and luck issues.

My favorite fresh fish USED to be trout, fresh-caught, but that's no longer geographically feasible :(

Well, since we still don't know what kind of fish you eat...are you getting freshwater fish? Seafood from commercial fisherman? What do you call garbage from the gulf?

Are you getting gulf shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico? Because if you are, they're probably loaded up with sodium bisulphites to keep them from turning black - that's pretty much a universal practice among the shrimpers. A few boats claim to be sulphite free, but there;s no auditing process.

And if the shrimp are going to a packer before they go to the seafood shop, (which is the general practice - fisherman usually sell the whole boat at a time in the name of expediency) they're also soaked in sodium tripolyphosphate so they'll soak up added water weight.

I used to buy live shrimp at the bait store to get around that, but now an added bonus, if you're getting shrimp from the Northern part of the Gulf, there's no testing for the chemicals they dumped in the Gulf to disperse the oil from the oil spill. They're not water soluble, and they sink to the bottom, where the shrimp eat. There are no studies of the effects of those chemicals on humans.

You can tell if shrimp have oil in them, because they will smell like oil. But not so the chemicals. Which is why we don't eat Gulf shrimp these days. Our comes from Honduras - cleaner water, chemical free and just generally a much better shrimp.

gwax23
09-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Im a waiter in NY. I only get 4.75 an hour pre tax. Thats nothing in NY. Plus those bastards tax your tips here. It used to be better when I worked off the books. But now theyve really cracked down to the point its really hard to find off the book waiting jobs anymore. Waiter in conditions similar to mine or worse need tips to survive. Not tipping is just scummy.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-15-2013, 09:18 PM
These common receipt stories aren't even funny anymore, but the old jokes are timeless.

A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored walk into a bar. Bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck outa here."

Petar
09-15-2013, 09:46 PM
These common receipt stories aren't even funny anymore, but the old jokes are timeless.

A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored walk into a bar. Bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck outa here."

Tasteless, albeit somewhat humorous in its own anti-climactic sort of way...

donnay
09-15-2013, 09:48 PM

And when did you become the inspector of Tuna? You know it is 100% tuna? Now who is misleading whom?

You better go read that report again, Sweetie

http://oceana.org/sites/default/files/reports/Oceana_NYC_Seafood_Fraud_Report_FINAL.pdf

heavenlyboy34
09-15-2013, 09:51 PM

What happens when a Jew with an erection walks into a wall? He breaks his nose. ~rimshot~ Okay, got the tasteless jokes out of my system for now...

heavenlyboy34
09-15-2013, 09:53 PM

I thought the bartender said "what is this, a joke?". :D

Ender
09-15-2013, 09:53 PM
You're assuming that there was no tip, and that he wrote what was seen on the receipt. Both seem to be pretty big assumptions right now.

There's a lot of ass-uming on this thread right now.

amy31416
09-15-2013, 10:22 PM
And when did you become the inspector of Tuna? You know it is 100% tuna? Now who is misleading whom?

You better go read that report again, Sweetie

http://oceana.org/sites/default/files/reports/Oceana_NYC_Seafood_Fraud_Report_FINAL.pdf

That's her husband's business. He doesn't post here, but her info is straight from him and the industry, she can obviously correct me if she deems necessary.

amy31416
09-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Im a waiter in NY. I only get 4.75 an hour pre tax. Thats nothing in NY. Plus those bastards tax your tips here. It used to be better when I worked off the books. But now theyve really cracked down to the point its really hard to find off the book waiting jobs anymore. Waiter in conditions similar to mine or worse need tips to survive. Not tipping is just scummy.

You have to be a really crappy waiter to not get a tip from me, I can only think of one time that I didn't and he was a total bitch to me for absolutely no reason.

Can't speak for everyone, but doing a really good job goes a long way, along with not being a bitch. I'm generally nicer to my waiters than they are to me--I even clean the table because I'm uncomfortable with being waited on.

oyarde
09-15-2013, 10:52 PM

Stop it , yer killing me.

Danke
09-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Stop it , yer killing me.

What? No Injun advice on how to deal with anal leakage?

oyarde
09-16-2013, 12:21 AM

If I thought you had it , maybe . It is mostly more common in older people , more so females.You just made me realize how fortunate I feel.

Petar
09-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Why on earth would someone want to "fix" their anal leakage? :confused:

oyarde
09-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Why on earth would someone want to "fix" their anal leakage? :confused:

I can imagine many regimes wanting to closely examine your health records :)

Petar
09-16-2013, 08:18 AM

Chief "Runs With Ass" (not you Oyarde).

Deborah K
09-16-2013, 08:27 AM

TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service. Stiffing them is the only way to send the message that their service sucked. Since when did tipping become mandatory in the court of public opinion? All servers get an hourly wage. Tipping is supplemental income and the better the service, the better the tip.

Deborah K
09-16-2013, 08:40 AM

Come on.

Agreed. Snobbery is just another form of phoniness. I was raised on canned tuna, I love the hell out of it, and I even have options. I guess that means I have issues. :rolleyes:

amy31416
09-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Agreed. Snobbery is just another form of phoniness. I was raised on canned tuna, I love the hell out of it, and I even have options. I guess that means I have issues. :rolleyes:

Same here. I even ate canned tuna sometimes when I lived on the East Coast, near a fish market and could afford anything I wanted.

Strangely, I was called snooty for making fresh mayonnaise, but the reason my dad taught me that is because it's cheaper than store-bought. We did a lot of cooking together when he was laid-off. I learned how to cook fresh fish from my uber-cheap grandma who'd come over with a bucket of (illegally) caught fish--she used fresh herbs and stuff from her garden because it was cheaper--now that those things are trendy, it doesn't mean you're a snob for cooking like that.

But, y'know, adjusting to the midwest diet has been really tough and I find myself just not eating most of the time when I go to a family function. At the last one, they asked me to bring the cake, when I said that I was going to make it from scratch, someone offered to give me two boxes of cake mix, thinking I was too poor to buy them. The only dish that was served was sloppy joes, and I tried to eat it, took one bite and they tasted worse than I remember. So, I guess if I said anything to them about it, I might come off as snooty--so I always keep my mouth shut. :p

phill4paul
09-16-2013, 09:15 AM

Now you're doing it right.

http://i56.tinypic.com/24npwle.jpg

Deborah K
09-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Same here. I even ate canned tuna sometimes when I lived on the East Coast, near a fish market and could afford anything I wanted.

Strangely, I was called snooty for making fresh mayonnaise, but the reason my dad taught me that is because it's cheaper than store-bought. We did a lot of cooking together when he was laid-off. I learned how to cook fresh fish from my uber-cheap grandma who'd come over with a bucket of (illegally) caught fish--she used fresh herbs and stuff from her garden because it was cheaper--now that those things are trendy, it doesn't mean you're a snob for cooking like that.

But, y'know, adjusting to the midwest diet has been really tough and I find myself just not eating most of the time when I go to a family function. At the last one, they asked me to bring the cake, when I said that I was going to make it from scratch, someone offered to give me two boxes of cake mix, thinking I was too poor to buy them. The only dish that was served was sloppy joes, and I tried to eat it, took one bite and they tasted worse than I remember. So, I guess if I said anything to them about it, I might come off as snooty--so I always keep my mouth shut. :p

I don't think it's snooty to pass on foods you don't particularly like. But it is good practice, if you wanna keep peace in the family, to keep quiet about your reasons.

But it is snotty, (as opposed to snooty) to get all uppity about how wonderful a cook one is, and how only fresh will do, and anyone who opens a can is a loser. LOL. (Not accusing anyone in particular, just in general.)

QuickZ06
10-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Bump for an update. I had a feeling something was up. I really just do not see a customer putting that sort of thing on a receipt.

The man accused of scribbling the N-word on a receipt that waitress Toni Christina Jenkins said a customer left for her last month at a Red Lobster in Tennessee has denied any wrongdoing, vowing to sue the franchise in the coming weeks.

Devin Barnes says he has been falsely accused.

His father called him, asking, 'What happened? Someone wrote the N-word on your receipt,'" Barnes said today, adding that his dad had gotten wind of the incident on the Internet. "I thought he was lying. But I pulled it up on her [Jenkins] Facebook page and just thought, 'I didn't write this, I don't know who wrote it."

Red Lobster Waitress Gets $10K Tip After Racist Receipt

His problems started after Jenkins, 19, posted a picture of the receipt on Facebook Sept. 10 with the words "none" on the "tip" line and the N-word on the "total" line at the Franklin, Tenn., restaurant.

"I was just stunned that it happened," Jenkins told ABC News earlier this month. "It's not something that you think in our generation would actually take place, so I was just blown away by it."

Barnes, 20, acknowledges writing "none" on the tip line but says he left the "total" line blank and signed his name.

Either way, the picture soon went viral, with people donating more than $10,000 to the waitress while condemning Barnes for his alleged actions.

The picture of the receipt contained confidential information about Barnes, including his name, the last digits of his card number and his illegible signature. Barnes said he had to change his banking information and order a new debit card.

He says he has also received death threats.

"They're asking me, 'If you're that cheap, why would you even go to a place like Red Lobster?" Barnes said. "But what they don't understand is that my wife and I were in a hurry, we had to get out the door."

Barnes decided he would file the suit after consulting with attorney Richard Dugger, who's also his pastor. They have yet to determine on what grounds they would sue the company. To support his case, however, they sent samples of his and his wife's handwriting to a forensic document examiner, who determined that their handwriting was not a match to the one on the receipt, they said.

Dugger believes that Barnes' case can be used as an example.

"We have to send a message that you cannot take a person's personal information and put it worldwide on the Web," Dugger said. "But even deeper than that, this has to do with people being harassed and bullied on the Internet. There are currently no guidelines to this that are adequate and we need to change that."

Red Lobster spokesman Mike Bernstein said in an email to ABC News that the company would not comment on any possible lawsuit.

Citing a company policy that prohibits employees from posting a guest receipt online, Red Lobster suspended Jenkins with pay after the story went public, but she has now resumed work.

"We are disgusted by the language used on this guest check and it has no place in our restaurant or anywhere else," a Red Lobster representative said in a statement to ABC News earlier this month. "We were in constant communication with [our server] throughout this situation and have extended her a high degree of respect and caring for what happened. No one should have to endure what our employee went through

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/tennessee-man-denies-writing-n-word-red-lobster-204152021--abc-news-topstories.html?nopharma=1

asurfaholic
10-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Who the freak gets suspended with pay? Other than our wise overlords....

What crap... That's a free paid vacation. A reason to celebrate....

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 08:21 PM

Unapproved photo showing disallowed word.

You are reported.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 08:26 PM
"They're asking me, 'If you're that cheap, why would you even go to a place like Red Lobster?" Barnes said. "But what they don't understand is that my wife and I were in a hurry, we had to get out the door."

LOL.

Red Lobster is, like, the McDonald's of seafood.

Chinese tilapia raised on human feces and Vietnamese shrimp so small you'd go to jail for catching them here.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Red Lobster is, like, the McDonald's of seafood.

Another reality that is incomprehensible to today's walmarx consumer.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Another reality that is incomprehensible to today's walmarx consumer.

I really don't know if we're devolving into "Demolition Man" or "Idiocracy"

Mmmmm, Taco Bell...fine dining.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Today's fine dining means no more than one hair in your food.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 08:59 PM

Switch lubricants.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 09:03 PM
I learned how to cook fresh fish from my uber-cheap grandma who'd come over with a bucket of (illegally) caught fish--

Felony violations of NMFS, EPA, USCG and FDA mandates.

Reported.

amy31416
10-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Felony violations of NMFS, EPA, USCG and FDA mandates.

Reported.

Bah. She's dead. They can try to exhume her, but 1/4th of her is in a vase on top of my kitchen cabinets.

I don't think she ever had a license for anything, and if she did have a driver's license, that fool that issued it to her shoulda been decked.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Bah. She's dead. They can try to exhume her, but 1/4th of her is in a vase on top of my kitchen cabinets.

I don't think she ever had a license for anything, and if she did have a driver's license, that fool that issued it to her shoulda been decked.

Immaterial, Comrade.

Your property can be linked to her, therefore is subject to seizure, as long as one millionth of a cent can be alleged to be traced to illegal activities.

amy31416
10-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Immaterial, Comrade.

Your property can be linked to her, therefore is subject to seizure, as long as one millionth of a cent can be alleged to be traced to illegal activities.

What is this about "property?" I don't have any of that!

angelatc
10-21-2013, 09:29 PM
No one should have to endure what our employee went through

Someone (possibly) called her a name. It wasn't a gang rape.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 09:34 PM
What is this about "property?" I don't have any of that!

We'll be sending SWAT to check on that, Comrade.

qh4dotcom
10-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Tips are a gratuity and those who expect them are no better than a leach.

However those who provide service that warrants a tip are a valuable addition to any eating establishment and should by all means be rewarded thusly.

As far as P/C...........I'm not.

Have you ever seen a tip jar at Subway's and other fast food restaurants and refused to put a tip in?

Slutter McGee
10-22-2013, 12:10 AM
I skipped the thread. I am going to just assume it is one where a whole bunch of self-righteous pricks argue that not tipping is fucking fine.

Fuck you whoever said this. Since I did not read the thread, this is absolutely not directed at any individual.

Slutter McGee

MRK
10-22-2013, 01:44 AM
I skipped the thread. I am going to just assume it is one where a whole bunch of self-righteous pricks argue that not tipping is fucking fine.

Fuck you whoever said this. Since I did not read the thread, this is absolutely not directed at any individual.

Slutter McGee

I tip $0.50 or more every time I buy a plate here and the locals' eyes light up like mine do when I find a silver quarter. Practically no one ever tips here. Sometimes foreigners do, but that is rare once they realize they don't have to tip anymore. Whether you tip or not, you're going to get the same service.

The fact that you're spending money for the owner so that the employee can get paid a salary is the employee's tip.

I realize in the USA that the minimum wage for restaurant service workers is somewhere around $2 an hour. It's funny because even assuming 0 tips the whole month that's still $320 a month versus the $100 month salary the service workers get here. Like in the USA, you can't live on your own with that amount of money. You have to share a room with a few other people and go without Western comforts and eat basic foods. But they survive, and they're happier than Westerners on average.

But sure, if you've ever experienced a lifestyle better than that, it would be extremely difficult to be content with that kind of pay.

amy31416
10-22-2013, 09:41 AM

Slutter McGee

It was really more about how it's fine to write the "N-word" on a receipt, especially if your server isn't black. You then wait to see the look on the server's face--comic gold, I tell ya.

Czolgosz
10-22-2013, 10:10 AM
lol @ total ******.

Country of sissies.

edit: gah damn, I hate sensors.

aGameOfThrones
10-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Just another black woman accusing a white man of rape. Wait, I think I'm doing it wrong.

MelissaWV
10-22-2013, 05:29 PM

Already responded that people who eat canned tuna never have any bigger issues than knowing precisely what the fish in their can of tuna is, and where it came from. It is known : that is the largest issue they have in their entire life.

How many times must that correction be made? I simply envy them the fact that they have no larger issues. Personally, I have way bigger issues to deal with than the contents of a canned food item, but if I had to eat canned tuna I would not have any bigger issues.

Maybe I should get Fire11 to write about it... I simply can't do it right :(

2young2vote
10-22-2013, 05:58 PM
The writing looks the same to me. The idea that he wrote "none," which is kind of rude to begin with, and supposedly left the total line blank just seems like an excuse. He's probably just trying to cover himself now that his "good name" is being tarnished due to the girl putting it in the public eye.

Mani
10-23-2013, 12:54 AM
We've gone 100+ posts about tipping and no one linked to this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

angelatc
10-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Already responded that people who eat canned tuna never have any bigger issues than knowing precisely what the fish in their can of tuna is, and where it came from. .

Amazing you are just absolutely determined to stick to that snobbish point, even though it's utterly incorrect.

MelissaWV
10-23-2013, 04:17 AM
Amazing you are just absolutely determined to stick to that snobbish point, even though it's utterly incorrect.

No, I've been corrected and people who eat canned tuna have no larger issues in their lives. You guys have proven that to me. I often wonder why anyone on the forums posts about anything else if they regularly eat canned tuna, as issues such as the Fed or police brutality pale in comparison to what's in those cans and pouches. I can't really stomach the stuff, but am pondering a switch to an all-canned-meat diet to see if all the other issues in the world fade into mere background noise.

QuickZ06
10-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Why are we talking about canned tuna?

Acala
10-23-2013, 12:00 PM

I usually tip a waitress with a can of tuna. That way I know she isn't spending the money on booze or crack.

Czolgosz
10-23-2013, 12:10 PM
I usually tip a waitress with a can of tuna. That way I know she isn't spending the money on booze or crack.

You better hope your waitress sees that gift of stinky fish in the proper light. :D

Dr.3D
10-23-2013, 12:16 PM

Because Danke has chronic anal leakage?

coastie
10-23-2013, 02:39 PM
The entire song and dance is back to an article about fish being swapped out in packaged fish products as well. I don't recall specifically, since it was ages ago and has since morphed into my being a snob because of a comment during an exchange about being able to tell the difference between two types of fish when they are fresh, then something about poor people eating tuna, then me saying if you're getting your tuna out of a can or pouch on a regular basis due to being poor then you have bigger problems. In other words, it's unimportant.

Do you like Mahi(dolphin)? I would never understand how you wouldn't if you've had it fresh. I'm sure you can find it fresh in your area if you look. They grow extremely fast (some documented cases of tagged fish growing 40 lbs in a year, and they seldom reach 60lbs). In other words, it's extremely unlikely they've been exposed to contaminates for as long(they only live 4-5 years MAX, usually less).

Just a suggestion. Hands down the best tasting fish out there, and as sushi it's amazing, although I only eat it like that if I caught it 5 minutes before.:p

coastie
10-23-2013, 02:49 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/25rc8kw.jpg

Other than that, I dunno what to tell you.

green73
10-23-2013, 03:03 PM
We've gone 100+ posts about tipping and no one linked to this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

What?! Are you sure I didn't post it?

Anti Federalist
05-24-2014, 05:59 PM
And for the record, he didn't tip her because it was a take out order.

Man accused of writing '******' on receipt given to black Red Lobster waitress sues restaurant and waitress after handwriting experts finds he DIDN'T write the racial slur

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2637914/Man-accused-writing-N-receipt-given-black-Red-Lobster-waitress-sues-restaurant-waitress-handwriting-experts-finds-DIDNT-write-racial-slur.html

24 May 2014

A Tennessee man who was accused of using a racial slur on a receipt at a Red Lobster restaurant last year is suing the restaurant chain and the waitress who cashed in on the incident after she posted a copy of the receipt on the Internet.

Devin Barnes, 21, claims he never wrote the racial slur on the receipt, and that the negative attention he received as a result of the way Toni Christina Jenkins - the waitress who claims to have received the slur - publicized the incident is slanderous.

In Barnes' suit, filed in Williamson County Circuit Court, he claims Jenkins slandered him by misusing his personal information, and that Red Lobster's 'willful and malicious ... omissions to act' by failing to prevent Jenkins from using his name and information 'to gain publicity and money' has caused lasting damage to his reputation.

Danke
05-24-2014, 06:17 PM
And for the record, he didn't tip her because it was a take out order.

I still tip on take out orders.

My favorite tip is "get a real job, loser."

Paulbot99
05-25-2014, 07:33 PM
The word "racist" seems to have more potential to harm than the N-word.