PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Military NOT Genderally Segregated?

MichaelDavis
09-14-2013, 01:33 AM
It boggles me mind why the military is not genderally segregated. The atrociously high sexual assault rate in the military is because there may be only only woman with a group of about 20 male troops. It only takes one awful individual to cause a bad mark on the entire U.S. military and all hard working soldiers. Should the military be genderally segregated?

Varin
09-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Itīs not to bee expected or normal behavior to sexually assault anyone. Young men are extremely over represented in virtually all crime you cant compare the military to society in general when it comes to crime rates.

Anti Federalist
09-14-2013, 05:53 AM
genderally

???

MelissaWV
09-14-2013, 07:08 AM
???

Yes. You must segrefy the people genderally to avoid the sexual assaultification.

Petar
09-14-2013, 07:14 AM
You totally just raped the language dude.

XNavyNuke
09-14-2013, 07:35 AM
The atrociously high sexual assault rate in the military is because there may be only only woman with a group of about 20 male troops. It only takes one awful individual to cause a bad mark on the entire U.S. military and all hard working soldiers.

I'm assuming that you are using the 26k annual number of sexual victimizations that is being bandied about by the MSM. This works out to about 6% of the female membership. By comparison, a 2000 by the Justice Department provides the number of college women experiencing the same at 19% per academic year. The assumption of you thesis seems to be that the ratio of male to female in the military seems to promote an acceptable environment for this behavior. (The ratio across services is 10:1 not 20:1 BTW) Yet college campuses have nearly a 1:1 ratio and have a demonstrably higher victimization rate. I would suggest that this is more a function tolerance by campus police vs the Military investigation services and the severity of punishment instituted by each. The age demographic of the two groups are closely matched and are a better comparison than the MSM projection across the whole society.

So, my answer would be "No".
XNN

asurfaholic
09-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Disband most of the military or just keep then in reserves and stop policing the world, and viola- the sexual misconduct cases in the military by and large disappear. If you only segregate, then the horny guys will get their fixes in when they land at some other country's port. And the crime would likely be worse- because who cares about some Vietnamese teen?

JCDenton0451
09-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Is the military is to be segregated by gender why shouldn't it be segregated by race? After all it would help reduce the racially-motivated violence and abuse in the military...

MichaelDavis
09-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Is the military is to be segregated by gender why shouldn't it be segregated by race? After all it would help reduce the racially-motivated violence and abuse in the military...

Are you suggesting men and women start sharing bathrooms and locker rooms?

My logic for "genderally": race, racial, racially-> gender, genderal, genderally.

Varin
09-14-2013, 11:52 AM

My logic for "genderally": race, racial, racially-> gender, genderal, genderally.

Why not I showered with women in the army at some occasions, never was a problem.

Smart3
09-14-2013, 12:33 PM

I don't believe in gender apartheid. The two genders exist to benefit each other.

You might as well be arguing women should be burqa'd up.

JustinTime
09-14-2013, 02:38 PM
I honestly don't care if there are separate male and female units (and I don't care if there are not, Im fine either way). There are separate male and female prisons, and separate restrooms at McDonalds for males and females, and nobody gets their panties in a knot over that.

As usual, the only time people get all fussy is when the powers-that-be gets their state-run media to tell people to be fussy, otherwise discrimination and segregation are okey dokey.

Like I said, Im fine either way, its just funny to me how its all good over here, and a terrible horrible example of sexism over there. Weird.

Hey, why not have males and female shower together in boot camp? Even I'd sign up.

kcchiefs6465
09-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Women should not be fighting in the army until a force has invaded our shores.

In fact, most of the men, if not all, should be sent home as well.

This equal opportunity tyranny, i.e. females being considered for the draft etc., is not something I could advocate for. The time anyone should be fighting is when we are directly attacked. Women, in my traditional, "misogynistic", (:rolleyes:) worldview should not be in the army. Something is seriously wrong with a society that argues otherwise. If someone were to roll up onto our shores, I'd expect nothing less than everyone to be "side by side" for the defensive. In that instance I morally couldn't argue against a child picking up a rifle to defend their home. Though likewise children should be excluded from the army.

All that said, as long as women are in the military these rapes will occur. Whether by their superiors or who they bunk with. It is a tragedy that should not be tolerated. That falls at the feet of the others serving. From my understanding much of the lack of reporting is due to the ridicule they would or could face and the fact that their life is often entrusted to others. (they could be ordered exceptionally dangerous tasks to do) It is one clusterfuck that has came about through the immorality of the conflicts we find ourselves engaging in, as well as the people's changing opinion on the role women should or could play in the military. (which I find inherently fucked in and of itself) Not much can be done about it. I hope that if others in their squad finds out a woman was raped, they'd handle it accordingly. No amount of legislation or separation is going to end a problem rooted deep in immorality and inherent "fucked-up-ness." My two cents, anyways.

I<3Liberty
09-14-2013, 04:07 PM
The sexual assaults are absolutely terrible and need to stop, but I don't believe gender segregation is the answer. Plus, criminals typically don't follow rules, so I don't think this would stop them.

Both men and women (in and outside of the military) are victims of sexual assault. In order to end it, you have to remove the disgusting creeps and (IMO) lock them up and throw away the key. There's no cure or treatment for these people.