PDA

View Full Version : California Cuckoo Land: Moonbeam To Sign Puzzling Abortion Bill

AuH20
09-13-2013, 07:43 PM
So .50 callibers are illegal to own and use in the Golden State, but anyone will be able perform a first trimester abortion? :confused:;)

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/13/Gov-Brown-to-Sign-Bill-Legalizing-Non-Physician-Abortions-in-CA

One doctor--who identified himself as pro-choice--told Breitbart News that "the bill is a disaster since it sends us back 100 years to the problems of the complications from back-steet abortions." The bill's critics warn that the training provided to non-physician staff is weak, that supervision by physicians in clinics will be minimal, and that there is real risk of injury or death to women who will be treated in such conditions.

I<3Liberty
09-13-2013, 07:47 PM
It's actually not that surprising. More and more medical procedures and duties physicians once had, are being delegated to physician assistants and nurse practitioners.

Keith and stuff
09-13-2013, 08:34 PM
It's actually not that surprising. More and more medical procedures and duties physicians once had, are being delegated to physician assistants and nurse practitioners.

Absolutely. This is the approach we all pushed for in the military. This will increased the speed of healthcare. Perhaps women should sign something, because this might increase risks? I don't know. I guess the experts do.
This is the fiscally consevative approach to abortion. Surprised the Democrats are supporting it, not the Republicans.

EBounding
09-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Liberals are free-market champions when it comes to killing babies.

Tywysog Cymru
09-13-2013, 09:03 PM

Yeah, they want to have the government tax and regulate everything, tell people how to live. But as soon as government steps in to prevent murder they are going too far.

malkusm
09-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Playing devil's advocate: If you're a strict anarchist, is the government deregulating here a good thing? And, if so, isn't this a positive even if you are morally opposed to abortion and believe it to be a crime against humanity?

I'm not an anarchist but I'm curious.

Root
09-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Playing devil's advocate: If you're a strict anarchist, is the government deregulating here a good thing? And, if so, isn't this a positive even if you are morally opposed to abortion and believe it to be a crime against humanity?

I'm not an anarchist but I'm curious.
That was my first take on this. One less thing for the government to regulate.

I<3Liberty
09-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Absolutely. This is the approach we all pushed for in the military. This will increased the speed of healthcare. Perhaps women should sign something, because this might increase risks? I don't know. I guess the experts do.
This is the fiscally consevative approach to abortion. Surprised the Democrats are supporting it, not the Republicans.

Without getting into all of the moral issues surrounding this procedure, yes. It's far more fiscally conservative to delegate tasks to capable professionals below the physician, as long as he/she is legally allowed to and trained to do that particular task.

First trimester abortions are done chemically, so there's no surgery or intricate procedure involved. Before abortion was medicalized, everyday lay people found ways to do it themselves. There are things at grocery stores that could be used to do early trimester abortions. I'm always curious as to why people get so worked up over medicialized ones when the science behind it is so basic, there are countless substitutes and other prescription drugs that can terminate a pregnancy. Anti-abortion people would be far better off helping people to not get pregnant (contraceptive education, promotion, and supporting 100% effective contraceptive research) and help women facing an unplanned pregnancy through resource clinics, than they are to put up a fuss about abortion legislation.

AuH20
09-14-2013, 12:36 AM

Liberals are the champions for alleged "public safety", but suddenly this comes down from on high. They are not ideologically consistent. Assault rifles are far too dangerous for public use but Otto the night janitor/nurse can butcher up some woman's womb? Come again? Internal hemorrhaging isn't some kind of joke.

JCDenton0451
09-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I noticed this inconsistency too: abortion industry seems to be the only industry the Dems don't want to regulate. I wonder why? Now, I'm a pro-choice person, and I don't buy into this whole "killing babies" propaganda...Still, this is something about Progressives I can't quite understand.