PDA

View Full Version : Words of Wisdom for the Internet Activist

Bryan
09-13-2013, 05:48 PM
In a recent "train wreck" of sorts, spanning multiple websites (including here), the Daily Paul (http://www.dailypaul.com) owner Michael Nystrom had the following to say, which I thought was brightly stated, and couldn't agree with more so I wanted to share (hoping Michael does not mind):

Words have great power. They can can be used to bring people up, or bring them down. But this can only happen with the consent of the targeted individuals. Most people don't understand this, so they remain weak and vulnerable to the words of others.

Be careful, everyone, with your words. And keep your guard up to Anonymous screen names like this one. Words can only have an impact on you if you allow them to.

Michael went on to say:

Love is the most powerful force in the universe. The only thing they can do is try to disrupt the frequency - to keep you from holding it. But they can only do that if you allow them to.

This is part of the process of growth, and learning and understanding who and what you are. You are powerful. Don't give your power away! Not to anyone, but certainly not to a random, anonymous screen name on the internet! ...

How ridiculous is that? To give your power away to a ghost!

Hold the frequency of love. It is always there. Tune into that, not this. People will always try to bring you down. Always remember, you have a choice.

Don't stoop to that level.

And that, in a nutshell, is the secret. Exceedingly simple, but not all the time easy.

Raise the bar.

LOVE!

Michael

A few points of note, there is certainly content and mannerisms displayed here by users that the staff doesn't agree with that is sometimes still left as-is, one could consider this a chance to apply the principles that Michael stated- don't let the words impact you.

I would most humbly like to append a point onto this, while you can choose to left words impact you or not, in my experience, the same can not be said about sound and imagining, which, when consumed, will impact you without your consent. With that, caution should be used when consuming extreme negative input such as graphic violence which can have negative personal repercussions such as breaking your positive frequency to even negative physical side effects like making you nauseous. This is a good part of why the RPF staff strongly prefer members to provide links to graphic images rather than posting them inline, which we understand can be very on-topic to our effort. When using links members can read content and then make a choice about viewing the images, sometimes it makes sense, other times it doesn't, all depending upon the individual.

Philia & Agápe --Bryan

BlackTerrel
09-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Good post. Thanks.

scrosnoe
09-13-2013, 06:54 PM
lots of wisdom here -- we are indeed responsible for what we let in our space, for what we hear, and for what we do about it -- more important than articulating foreign policy even! lead by example and let's make this a better place one step at a time~

ClydeCoulter
09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
:)

torchbearer
09-13-2013, 07:33 PM
sounds good.
kinda like a spoiler warning, that you have to do an intentional action to reveal.

helmuth_hubener
09-14-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't understand. What was this train wreck? I'm not finding anything on Daily Paul....

MelissaWV
09-14-2013, 07:18 AM
I don't understand. What was this train wreck? I'm not finding anything on Daily Paul....

That might just be because, while it's the reader's choice to be offended by words, many offending posts vanish ;)

The ads continue, I would imagine.

Bryan
09-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks everyone. scrosnoe is right too.

I didn't link to it (on purpose), it's really not important, particularly to this point. (but you can always find train wrecks in Hot Topics)