PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo CEO Says It Would Be Treason To Decline To Cooperate With the NSA

DamianTV
09-12-2013, 06:34 PM
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/09/12/228239/yahoo-ceo-says-it-would-be-treason-to-decline-to-cooperate-with-the-nsa

"During Wednesday's TechCrunch Disrupt conference, Marissa Meyer was asked what would happen if Yahoo simply declined to cooperate with the NSA. She replied 'Releasing classified information is treason. It generally lands you incarcerated.' Meyer also revealed that the 2007 lawsuit against the Patriot Act had been filed by Yahoo: 'I'm proud to be part of an organization that from the very beginning in 2007, with the NSA and FISA and PRISM, has been skeptical and has scrutinized those requests. In 2007 Yahoo filed a lawsuit against the new Patriot Act, parts of PRISM and FISA, we were the key plaintiff. A lot of people have wondered about that case and who it was. It was us ... we lost. The thing is, we lost and if you don't comply it's treason.'"

So its not Treason for the NSA to commit Treason against the People, but it IS Treason for a company to NOT comply with an Alphabet Agency that is currently committing Treason. Again, this applies different sets of standards to different people. If Govt does it, its not Treason, but if you do it, it IS Treason to not commit Treason.

There's NO Rule of Law... when the crime that is charged, not based upon what law was broken, but by who committed it.

limequat
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
I can't bring myself to feel sorry for Yahoo.

Mobiles
09-12-2013, 06:57 PM
NSA can extract information out of air. Military spy methods are used to intercept enemies conversations.

DamianTV
09-12-2013, 07:27 PM
NSA can extract information out of air. Military spy methods are used to intercept enemies conversations.

Does that somehow make it okay for them to monitor you and apply a new definition of "Enemy" when someone shows support for the Rights of the People? Because that is exactly what is happening, and we are all very quickly being labeled as the New Enemy.