PDA

View Full Version : Undercover officers at NFL games aim to prevent excessive heckling

green73
09-12-2013, 08:48 AM
SEATTLE -Fans at the 49ers - Seahawks game this Sunday night may notice a few additions to the crowds.

Or perhaps they won't!

That's because the game at the CenturyLink Field will have undercover officers dressed in opposing team jerseys to prevent excessive heckling.

A spokesman for the Seahawks says the undercover officers will be at all home games this season.

If a fan is kicked out they must complete a four hour online course and pay a $75 fee.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/23411950/undercover-officers-at-nfl-games-aim-to-prevent-excessive-heckling

tod evans
09-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Now this might actually piss off Boobus....

oyarde
09-12-2013, 08:51 AM
So these are getting OT on the taxpayer dime ?

oyarde
09-12-2013, 08:52 AM

If it was a European socc. game, they would not dare :)

oyarde
09-12-2013, 08:54 AM
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/23411950/undercover-officers-at-nfl-games-aim-to-prevent-excessive-heckling

Four hour course and $75 fee . Two tickets , $130 , parking $10....... comes to slightly more than two days pay after taxes on median income ......

HOLLYWOOD
09-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Another reason not to give the NFL any money.

That said, government now controlling the clientele for events... all according to plan. I still think of the spineless elitists of Washington DC passing a law that you cannot protest anywhere the Secret Service is present. Wait you see this dictatorial octopus become even more restricting in the future.

Demigod
09-12-2013, 09:16 AM
If it was a European socc. game, they would not dare :)

I was just imagining how fun it would be to find individual cops between the fans.It would be a similar situation to unwrapping gifts for Christmas.

jkr
09-12-2013, 09:18 AM
So these are getting OT on the taxpayer dime ?

AND

they get to see the game for FREE

(but they might have to wear a jersey for a team the H8...)

cajuncocoa
09-12-2013, 09:19 AM
BREAKING NEWS: In light of this development, the city of Philadelphia will no longer have an NFL team.

jkr
09-12-2013, 09:19 AM
STOP
GOING

Cleaner44
09-12-2013, 09:34 AM
There is no way in hell I would pay their fee or take their class. This is probably about as legal as photo tickets that are completely voluntary to pay.

HOLLYWOOD
09-12-2013, 09:37 AM
BREAKING NEWS: In light of this development, the city of Philadelphia will no longer have an NFL team.HAH HAH... yeah the old RFK stadium had a judge & jail underneath... that special covering it and the stories were funny. First guy waiting up, puked all over the judges' desk when asked how he pleas... CLASSIC

tod evans
09-12-2013, 09:38 AM
STOP
GOING

1968 Packers vs Bears is the last time I went...

cajuncocoa
09-12-2013, 10:32 AM
HAH HAH... yeah the old RFK stadium had a judge & jail underneath... that special covering it and the stories were funny. First guy waiting up, puked all over the judges' desk when asked how he pleas... CLASSIC
Veterans Stadium. RFK was the Redskins' old stadium. :)

surf
09-12-2013, 11:00 AM
the stories I have heard mention Philadelphia with the jail.

seriously, talk about potential entrapment....

jkr
09-12-2013, 11:15 AM
PRO
VOC
A
TOR

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Another reason not to give the NFL any money.

That said, government now controlling the clientele for events... all according to plan. I still think of the spineless elitists of Washington DC passing a law that you cannot protest anywhere the Secret Service is present.

Don't forget, that is whether you have knowledge of it or not.

donnay
09-12-2013, 01:35 PM

Indeed. My first thought. Throw the spectators in the Lions den.

VoluntaryAmerican
09-12-2013, 01:36 PM
BREAKING NEWS: In light of this development, the city of Philadelphia will no longer have an NFL team.

haha yeah, right? reminds me of when i went to a Flyers game and the entire game one guy was screaming, "Snow your full of holes! You're fucking swiss cheese!"

Snew
09-12-2013, 01:39 PM
lol!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Also, what is "excessive heckling?" And who is the "fee" paid to? And who owns the "online course" and does it have a cost?

The funny thing here, is that now I'd feel even less safe wearing an opposing team's jersey. I mean... I probably wouldn't go to a philly game wearing a dallas jersey... but in your average stadium, I wouldn't want people thinking I was a cop, either. I'd feel safer if they thought I was just a football fan.

Czolgosz
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM

lol, you might be right. This could be the proverbial straw...

Czolgosz
09-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Also, what is "excessive heckling?" And who is the "fee" paid to? And who owns the "online course" and does it have a cost?

The funny thing here, is that now I'd feel even less safe wearing an opposing team's jersey. I mean... I probably wouldn't go to a philly game wearing a dallas jersey... but in your average stadium, I wouldn't want people thinking I was a cop, either. I'd feel safer if they thought I was just a football fan.

Nah, people are afraid of cops.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Nah, people are afraid of cops.

Yes, more than they should be, but people are disliking cops more and more for many of the same reasons.

I bet there are plenty of people who wouldn't launch a cup of ice at a different jersey 30 rows down. But if they think that person might in fact be a cop there to agitate shit, wearing an opposing jersey, just to fuck with people, it might put a few fans over the edge.

JK/SEA
09-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Found this.......and the beat goes on.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Off-duty-Bellevue-officers-tossed-out-of-Seahawks-game--170709156.html

and now, the cops get to watch games for free, in hopes of nailing some excited fan....

makes perfect sense.

cajuncocoa
09-12-2013, 02:13 PM

Not if you want to come out alive! (I hate Philly)

cajuncocoa
09-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Nah, people are afraid of cops.The typical NFL fan probably has a higher-than-average respect for cops, not unlike their admiration/devotion to the military.

brushfire
09-12-2013, 02:28 PM
A swift kick in the sleeping dog's ba||z

Reminds me of a conversation I had with "sleeping apathy" the other day. He shrugged off everything until I got into, "What happens when the government says football is a dangerous, and barbaric sport?" I then started to cite examples of how this man/child killing barbarian sport has claimed the lives and productive livelihood of many.

I was getting the guy worked up, but then the broncos scored, and "sleeping apathy" was instantly anesthetized again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fnmhj58o0k

Its true though - its just a matter of time before they pi$$ off everybody. The question is how late is too late?

Natural Citizen
09-12-2013, 02:35 PM

Not really.

“When Fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown shirt, and jackboots, but Nikes, and smiley face shirts.”...Right? Oh, yes. The sheeple will love them for it. They always do.

Christian Liberty
09-12-2013, 02:49 PM
The typical NFL fan probably has a higher-than-average respect for cops, not unlike their admiration/devotion to the military.

Higher than average?:eek:

cajuncocoa
09-12-2013, 02:50 PM
But I guess it's OK if the guys actually ON the team heckle...after all, they make the big bucks.

I go to ESPN just now, and this is one of the first article I see (**attn: JK/SEA**)

RB: 49ers prepping for 'She-Hawks' (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9664658/anthony-dixon-san-francisco-49ers-calls-seattle-seahawks-hawks)

Henry Rogue
09-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Must stop the home grown terrorist hecklers, before they strike again. Ridiculous.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Ok, so where is the money going? The article didn't address it, and neither has anyone here.

We assume these are on duty cops, making cop wages, paid with city funds?

Is it a "fee" or a fine?

Who owns the online school, and is there a cost?

This is going to be a model for all sorts of shit, I fear.

Origanalist
09-12-2013, 04:04 PM
But I guess it's OK if the guys actually ON the team heckle...after all, they make the big bucks.

I go to ESPN just now, and this is one of the first article I see (**attn: JK/SEA**)

RB: 49ers prepping for 'She-Hawks' (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9664658/anthony-dixon-san-francisco-49ers-calls-seattle-seahawks-hawks)

Well there is ballsy, and there is just plain stupid....:D

The 49ers are 3-7 in their last 10 road games vs. the Seahawks, including a 42-13 loss in Week 16 last season, their largest defeat under coach Jim Harbaugh.

That being said, screw the NFL, I wouldn't give them a plugged nickel.

I still love the game, but the only ones I'll be attending are my grandsons.

Cleaner44
09-12-2013, 04:20 PM

This game?

Chicago Bears 13 at Green Bay Packers 10
Sunday, November 3, 1968

dannno
09-12-2013, 04:24 PM
"Snow your full of holes! You're fucking swiss cheese!"

Well which one was it? Was he full of holes or was he fucking swiss cheese :confused:

tod evans
09-12-2013, 04:36 PM
This game?

Chicago Bears 13 at Green Bay Packers 10
Sunday, November 3, 1968

I was a youngster, I remember the Bears won, I froze my ass off and both my father and uncle were feeding me beer "to stay warm"...

Barrex
09-12-2013, 04:37 PM
There is a reason why police always goes in packs and not alone into any crowd.... football crowds (soccer as some of you call it) proved that point more than once.

surf
09-12-2013, 05:17 PM
this is Seattle... not NYC... why?

we always deal with it for soccer by simply putting them in their own section, having them file in and out as a group, and keep extra security around them. even Portscum fans are safe at our real football games.

Occam's Banana
09-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Excessive heckling?! Excessive heckling?!?!

Please excuse me while I curl up in a ball in the corner, rocking & weeping in bitter, frightened frustration at the barking-nutter insanity of the world ...

fearthereaperx
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
If excessive heckling means people on the verge of violence than I approve. A growing number of irrational types are attending sports games and getting violent over silly disagreements and team colors are ruining it for everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H4yyVjPwlg

devil21
09-12-2013, 08:49 PM
At least this appears to (so far) be a Seattle only policy, not NFL wide.

The Free Hornet
09-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Found this.......and the beat goes on.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Off-duty-Bellevue-officers-tossed-out-of-Seahawks-game--170709156.html

and now, the cops get to watch games for free, in hopes of nailing some excited fan....

makes perfect sense.

Interesting, the 3 cops in violation of Seahawks policy (http://www.seahawks.com/news/press/article-1/Seahawks-Announce-Undercover-Police-Officers-to-Wear-Opposing-Team-Jerseys/b6b25cb9-57e8-44c4-89c3-4d3953833227) were allowed to continue watching the game...

The group was allowed to continue into the game because no crime was committed, police told the Times. [JK/SEA's link above]

The policy in question is not a city/state/federal fine but a privately imposed cost for the 4 hour online PC/sensitivity/fan-correction training. I.e., nobody will be obligated to pay unless they wish to return for future games:

Fans [who are not cops] who pick on the wrong person [AKA "a cop"] and are booted from the stadium will have to complete a four-hour online course and pay $75 to be allowed to return. Truly egregious behavior can result in the revocation of season tickets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/09/12/seattle-seahawks-add-undercover-police-in-san-francisco-49ers-gear/

President Peter McLoughlin said in a statement released by the team. “Our goal is to ensure a safe environment for all in attendance, including visiting team fans.”

Peter didn't mention that cops are the exception to this rule. I see that as a sticking point if this is challenged by a defrauded fan or taxpayer (either because cops are excused from the policy or because other off-duty cops exercise it unfairly).

No, this isn't exactly private property:

Financing
Cost to public: $300 million
Cost to Seahawks owner, Paul G. Allen: $130 million, plus cost overruns
http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/centurylink-field/facts.html

Anti Federalist
09-12-2013, 10:08 PM

Pffft...are you kidding?

"Authority" could rape Boobus's wife and slit his children's throats right before his eyes, and Boobus would thank authority.

Anti Federalist
09-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Now, this, I'd pay to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBfEh4aBt1g

SeanTX
09-12-2013, 10:20 PM
As if there aren't enough of these tax wasters getting paid big $$$ to stand around watching a game.

Anti Federalist
09-12-2013, 10:27 PM
As if there aren't enough of these tax wasters getting paid big $$$ to stand around watching a game.

Yeah, no kidding.

Constitutional Paulicy
09-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Let me guess. Their pay is based on a quota system. The more fans they eject the higher their pay. The $75.00 fine pays for their services. :rolleyes:

Origanalist
09-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Excessive heckling?! Excessive heckling?!?!

Please excuse me while I curl up in a ball in the corner, rocking & weeping in bitter, frightened frustration at the barking-nutter insanity of the world ...

No! You are not excused. Off to sensitivity camp with you! :mad:

Origanalist
09-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Let me guess. Their pay is based on a quota system. The more fans they eject the higher their pay. The $75.00 fine pays for their services. :rolleyes:

I see you've been paying attention to how our system works.

oyarde
09-12-2013, 10:59 PM

NFL Central Division Champs 1968 & 1969, Dankes Vikings .

Demigod
10-08-2013, 07:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuUfugvnJ3Q

For shame Americans for shame,I thought that at least some of the guys around him would intervene so the cops don't take him away but everyone started chanting "tase him" instead.For shame.

phill4paul
10-08-2013, 07:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuUfugvnJ3Q

For shame Americans for shame,I thought that at least some of the guys around him would intervene so the cops don't take him away but everyone started chanting "tase him" instead.For shame.

They would have stood and shouted.."USA, USA, USA" if he'd been drawn and quartered on the field. 'Murica!

DGambler
10-08-2013, 10:20 AM
They would have stood and shouted.."USA, USA, USA" if he'd been drawn and quartered on the field. 'Murica!

BURP!!!!!