PDA

View Full Version : The Department of Homeland Security says it is illegal to freely play music in The U.S.

RCA
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
"Fact:
The Department of Homeland Security (An agency enacted through the Patriot Act) is now demanding through enforcement from The State Fire Marshalls that ALL LIVE MUSIC PLAYED IN THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE A PERMIT FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.

This is an outrage to freedom and the ideals of The American people and our quickly evaporating rights.

This is just the start to the reality of what The Department of Homeland Security is going to do to the American citizens. The DHS is actually saying it is illegal to play music or operate a business where music is played for any reason without paying The Department of Homeland Security, and giving them much personal and private information. If The DHS can regulate the performance of a song where do you think they will stop? The fact is they won’t!

The Department of Homeland Security does not have the jurisdiction to enforce laws in The United States. They have purposefully and misleadingly attached themselves to The Fire Marshall to circumvent American constitutional rights and automatically give themselves jurisdiction in every business in The United States. This is enforced through the Fire Marshall’s inspection of commercial public businesses.

Please stand with me, American Citizens everywhere, and business owners in demanding that we will not allow The Department of Homeland Security in our businesses and homes. We need all US Citizens and our elected officials to stand united against the unlawful abuses of The Department of Homeland Security and this increasingly fascist government. The Patriot Act is the only reason The Department of Homeland Security has any jurisdiction. This is intentional. This is the first bold and aggressive move by them. Please stand with us! Our children and grandchildren need us!

I and my business Folly Moon (a restaurant in downtown Muncie, IN) have a hearing with The Department of Homeland Security at The Indiana State House on Friday Aug. 2nd at 10a.m."

http://iamnotanonymousblog.com/the-department-of-homeland-security-says-it-is-illegal-to-freely-play-music-in-the-united-states/

dannno
09-11-2013, 04:48 PM
This law will be really fun to civilly disobey. Until you feel the crack on your skull.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-11-2013, 04:59 PM
This law will be really fun to civilly disobey. Until you feel the crack on your skull.

That's why my band is called "The Helmets."

That's the short name.

dannno
09-11-2013, 05:03 PM
This is for anybody that throws the Snopes link at you:

http://iamnotanonymousblog.com/category/music-vs-dept-homeland-security/

Christian Liberty
09-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Is pandora radio now illegal? lol.

dannno
09-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Let's get ahead of the propaganda:

Is this a State or Federal Department of Homeland Security Issue?
August 6, 2013 Posted by Michael Martin under Music Vs. Dept. Homeland Security
No Comments

One of the main criticisms of my post has been, “This is the Indiana Dept. of Homeland Security and not the Federal DHS.” I personally have a case with The Indiana Dept. of Homeland Security, but every state has agencies that are tied to the Federal DHS. The federal government administers the funding and therefore controls these agencies. The reason for attaching themselves to The State Fire Marshall is that gives The DHS direct access to every public building in that state.

You can see each states agencies that report to The Federal DHS right on their website it is a fact:
http://www.dhs.gov/state-homeland-security-and-emergency-services

RickyJ
09-11-2013, 05:23 PM
The DHS is illegal and needs to go back to their true "homeland" Judistan, wherever the heck that happens to be.

JK/SEA
09-11-2013, 05:24 PM
You asked for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVyJVYWHJaY

Natural Citizen
09-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Hey! Yer drowning out big brother's microphones. You know the ones. Deal with it. :rolleyes:

thoughtomator
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Wow, Zappa nailed this one spot on. Joe's Garage, anyone?

heavenlyboy34
09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
"Fact:
The Department of Homeland Security (An agency enacted through the Patriot Act) is now demanding through enforcement from The State Fire Marshalls that ALL LIVE MUSIC PLAYED IN THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE A PERMIT FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.

This is an outrage to freedom and the ideals of The American people and our quickly evaporating rights.

This is just the start to the reality of what The Department of Homeland Security is going to do to the American citizens. The DHS is actually saying it is illegal to play music or operate a business where music is played for any reason without paying The Department of Homeland Security, and giving them much personal and private information. If The DHS can regulate the performance of a song where do you think they will stop? The fact is they won’t!

The Department of Homeland Security does not have the jurisdiction to enforce laws in The United States. They have purposefully and misleadingly attached themselves to The Fire Marshall to circumvent American constitutional rights and automatically give themselves jurisdiction in every business in The United States. This is enforced through the Fire Marshall’s inspection of commercial public businesses.

Please stand with me, American Citizens everywhere, and business owners in demanding that we will not allow The Department of Homeland Security in our businesses and homes. We need all US Citizens and our elected officials to stand united against the unlawful abuses of The Department of Homeland Security and this increasingly fascist government. The Patriot Act is the only reason The Department of Homeland Security has any jurisdiction. This is intentional. This is the first bold and aggressive move by them. Please stand with us! Our children and grandchildren need us!

I and my business Folly Moon (a restaurant in downtown Muncie, IN) have a hearing with The Department of Homeland Security at The Indiana State House on Friday Aug. 2nd at 10a.m."

http://iamnotanonymousblog.com/the-department-of-homeland-security-says-it-is-illegal-to-freely-play-music-in-the-united-states/
Way to destroy one of the few legitimate ways to make $ in the music business, government. :rolleyes: :P DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER!! :mad:

Mani
09-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Next dancing willbe illegal. Footloose part 3......kevin bacon vs the DHS.

Oh wait, it already is in parts of DC.

This stuff is like good fiction, hard to beleve sometimes....

I dont recognize this country at all anymore.

Suzanimal
09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Wow, Zappa nailed this one spot on. Joe's Garage, anyone?

So true, but Joe got a doughnut and was told to stick closer to church oriented social activities, this poor guy is getting drug before DHS! ;)

http://i.imgur.com/Rs0I0ba.jpg

greyseal
09-13-2013, 10:41 AM
HOMELAND SECURITY IS A WASHINGTON D.C. MUNICIPAL AGENCY

http://statutes.laws.com/district-of-columbia/division-i/title-7/subtitle-j/chapter-22/subchapter-i/part-a/section-7-2202
Statutes > District of Columbia Laws > Division I - Government of District (TITLE 1 to TITLE 10) > TITLE 7 - HUMAN HEALTH CARE AND SAFETY (SUBTITLE A to SUBTITLE L) > SUBTITLE J - PUBLIC SAFETY (Chapter 22 to Chapter 28B) > Chapter 22 - Homeland Security (Subchapter I and Subchapter II) > Subchapter I - Homeland Security Program (Part A and Part B) > Part A - Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (Section 7-2201 to Section 7-2209) > Section 7-2202 - Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency; Director and other personnel; compensation - See more at: http://statutes.laws.com/district-of-columbia/division-i/title-7/subtitle-j/chapter-22/subchapter-i/part-a/section-7-2202#sthash.RUfiqC4z.dpuf

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA STATUTES AND CODES Section 7-2202 - Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency; Director and other personnel; compensation Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency; Director and other personnel; compensation (a) To carry out the purposes of this chapter, the Mayor of the District of Columbia is authorized to establish in the municipal government of such District a Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency to consist of a Director and such other personnel as may be needed. Such Director shall be the executive head of such Office.
HOMELAND SECURITY IS LIMITED TO 10 SQUARE MILES IN WASHINGTON D.C.

One of the more important statutory restrictions which secures and reinforces Congress’ authority is at 4 U.S.C. §§ 71 & 72. The first of these sections establishes territory within the current borders of the District of Columbia as the seat of government for the United States; the second prohibits any government department from operating outside the District of Columbia save as Congress authorizes by statute:
Sec. 72. Public offices; at seat of Government
All offices attached to the seat of government shall be exercised in the District of Columbia, and not elsewhere, except as otherwise expressly provided by law.
THE REAL LAW
TAXING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO ENFORCE AN INTERNATION AGREEMENT WITH GLOBALIST, THE COOPERATION FOR SECURITY IN EUROPE HAS NEVER BEEN RATIFIED BY THE SENATE, NON-BINDING,

Transatlantic Homeland Security

http://streitcouncil.org/index.php?page=transatlantic-homeland-security
Transatlantic Security Cooperation
Moving People and Goods Across the Borders

A report of the European Institute, Washington DC , 2004
Sponsored by the European Commission.
“EU–U.S. Cooperation Since 11 September Mindful of the often very sensitive nature of the issues that we are dealing with in our domain, the cooperation between the EU and U.S. in the Justice and Home Affairs field since September 11 has been remarkably successful”.

fisharmor
09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
That's why my band is called "The Helmets."

That's the short name.

So what's the long name?
"The Purple Helmets"?

angelatc
09-13-2013, 10:45 AM
This is for anybody that throws the Snopes link at you:

I can't even begin to read that. What a fucked up jumbled mess that site is.

ETA: OMG - did you read the Snopes link? The first paragraph, even? They clearly say that the dispute with the Indiana DHS has nothing to do with the federal DHS.

Origins: This false claim that "all live music played in the United States must have a permit from the Department of Homeland Security" (DHS) originated with a dispute (http://www.munciefreepress.com/node/29089) between a Muncie, Indiana, bar operator and local authorities over entertainment permit laws. That dispute has nothing to do with the federal Department of Homeland Security, it is not relevant to any state other than Indiana, and is about the enforcement of local business permit laws and not a general requirement that "all live music must have a permit."

From Danno's post above:
You can see each states agencies that report to The Federal DHS right on their website it is a fact:
http://www.dhs.gov/state-homeland-se...gency-services (http://www.dhs.gov/state-homeland-security-and-emergency-services) Which is correct, but does not prove anything about the law coming from down from the federal level.

There have been laws about licensing music since I was a kid. If you're going to sing songs that other people wrote in the last 50 or so years, you have to pay royalties if you're doing that in a venue that is making a profit. This is nothing new.

Schifference
09-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Does Adam Kokesh play music?

Schifference
09-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Does that apply to the person sitting in their rocker on their front porch strumming their 6 string?

Dianne
09-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Unless it is a Band that Peter King likes.

mczerone
09-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Why are 85% of these posts from irrational, gullible people?

Are these the only people left on RPFs?

The guy fighting his LOCAL ordinances is a crank, and if you believe the first thing you read on this page without further research, you're a crank, too.

torchbearer
09-13-2013, 12:14 PM

The guy fighting his LOCAL ordinances is a crank, and if you believe the first thing you read on this page without further research, you're a crank, too.

I promise I won't believe anything you say without furthur research.

dannno
09-13-2013, 12:15 PM

You are the gullible one, he has rebutted the snopes bullshit, checkout my links. Not sure why you would believe snopes.

dannno
09-13-2013, 12:17 PM
What is is about the word "encroaching" that people don't understand?

I guarantee the Federal DHS and even California DHS will not shut down a music festival on private property in CA if you have one tomorrow.

I can't guarantee what will happen if you do it in Indiana, or another state in 6 months, or California a year or two from now.

Natural Citizen
09-13-2013, 12:19 PM
You are the gullible one, he has rebutted the snopes bullshit, checkout my links. Not sure why you would believe snopes.

Something funny that this reminds me of is that i'm on the Church prayer chain that you get in your email whenever someone has something wrong with them. I don't even go to Church but I do a lot of things for the Church. If that makes sense. Anyhooo...whenever something newsworthy happens and the folks in the church get wind of it you can almost guarantee that there will be a snopes article debunking it passed through the chain mail. And then they're all like "Sheeew...that was a close one...glad it was just a myth". It's the funniest thing to me. I chuckle every time it happens. I think there may be a official snopes looker upper who does this deed. It's like his thing or something. Is a hoot.

mczerone
09-13-2013, 12:29 PM
What is is about the word "encroaching" that people don't understand?

I guarantee the Federal DHS and even California DHS will not shut down a music festival on private property in CA if you have one tomorrow.

I can't guarantee what will happen if you do it in Indiana, or another state in 6 months, or California a year or two from now.

Instead of fighting the imaginary dragons over the horizons, how about we stick to defending ourselves from the very real bears, lions, and hyenas knocking on our doors.

Look, I read both your links to this guy's (crankish) page, and the snopes article. I wish him luck in fighting the local ordinance in court. Is it realistic to expect him to actually change any purpoted US-DHS policy, even if he wins? No. And it's unlikely that he'll even win the fight against the local/state ordinance, since there's evidence that they've tried that in recent history and failed.

Just because he's a crank doesn't mean he's 100% wrong in his claims. It just means that he's very self-interested (having HIS OWN BAND play at HIS OWN BAR) and pretends that everyone from the local dog catcher to the "super secret DHS police with their billions of rounds of armor piercing bullets" are out to get him.

How about instead of being outraged that the DHS is overreaching, we focus on the fact that the DHS exists because of stolen money and think of was to stop giving the thieves our money?

Encroachment is what the state exists through - it encroaches on every part of our lives already. Even taking the claims as true, you're just following another head of the Hydra.

mczerone
09-13-2013, 12:31 PM

He didn't "Rebut" the snopes article. He said that "THEY CHANGED MY QUESTION!!1!!"

mczerone
09-13-2013, 12:32 PM
I promise I won't believe anything you say without furthur research.

I don't do anything without researching Furthur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furthur_(band))

dannno
09-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Instead of fighting the imaginary dragons over the horizons, how about we stick to defending ourselves from the very real bears, lions, and hyenas knocking on our doors.

Look, I read both your links to this guy's (crankish) page, and the snopes article. I wish him luck in fighting the local ordinance in court. Is it realistic to expect him to actually change any purpoted US-DHS policy, even if he wins? No. And it's unlikely that he'll even win the fight against the local/state ordinance, since there's evidence that they've tried that in recent history and failed.

Just because he's a crank doesn't mean he's 100% wrong in his claims. It just means that he's very self-interested (having HIS OWN BAND play at HIS OWN BAR) and pretends that everyone from the local dog catcher to the "super secret DHS police with their billions of rounds of armor piercing bullets" are out to get him.

How about instead of being outraged that the DHS is overreaching, we focus on the fact that the DHS exists because of stolen money and think of was to stop giving the thieves our money?

Encroachment is what the state exists through - it encroaches on every part of our lives already. Even taking the claims as true, you're just following another head of the Hydra.

Except that everybody I know really likes live music and everybody I know really hates the DHS, so this is a good way to say hey, if we don't take care of this soon we may see the feds encroaching on our music festivals.

dannno
09-13-2013, 12:37 PM
He didn't "Rebut" the snopes article. He said that "THEY CHANGED MY QUESTION!!1!!"

No he has several rebuttals, but...

That IS a rebuttal.. the Snopes article says that the question is whether "All live music is illegal in the US" whereas his article is merely saying that the DHS is enforcing an anti-live music without a permit law against him. They are. It is the Indiana DHS, which Snopes claims is a state agency - but we know that it is more like the Fusion centers that were popping up a few years ago that linked DHS with all of the local police. The feds are trying to control state agencies so that they can subvert our rights because the feds currently have very little jurisdiction over small private affairs and by going through the state agencies they effectively have access and jurisdiction to these smaller local affairs.

That is how the person on their website explained it who is going through all of this and the fact that they are able to explain it that way tells me that they are on point.

mczerone
09-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Except that everybody I know really likes live music and everybody I know really hates the DHS, so this is a good way to say hey, if we don't take care of this soon we may see the feds encroaching on our music festivals.

Okay, but what is "this" and how do "we" "take care of it?"

Is "this": The overreach of DHS? The existence of the DHS? Federal or State DHS? VIPR teams? The existence of govt regulation? The existence of the income tax? The overreach of the govt in general? The partnering of the Federal and State govts? The existence of the State at any level?

Who is "we?": You and your friends? Voters? The people in the State of Indiana? The people in the US? The govts of these places?

How do you "take care of it?": Voting? Supporting this guy's legal fund? Petitioning? Spreading info that crankish and (partially) wrong?

I said I have sympathy for this guy's situation. And I can see the value in using the story to open up further conversation about the role of govt and it's agencies. But again, why use imaginary dragons over the horizon to do this? Why not talk about the Snowden revelations? The war in Syria? the failed corporatist economy? The drug war? The militarization of the police?

If you're looking for discussion topics with people that care about music, how about the IP system? How about the demonstrated partnership between D.C. propagandists and major media? How about the raid on Gibson's guitars?

Besides, every major concert is already permitted, regulated, and policed by the state. And most live local music played in businesses have regulations out the wazoo to contend with - is there alcohol being served? What's capacity? Fire safety? Music licensing? Smoking prohibited, even for performers? Taxes being paid on sales of tickets and merch?

This case simply falls into the above categories, and the bar owner/musician is mad that there was another hurdle in had to cross in the never-ending maze of bureaucratic regulation to do what he wants. He saw the word "DHS" on some piece of paper and assumed that it was the Federal DHS and that it was their policy being followed, rather than local policy. Then he extrapolated "licensed bars in Indiana" to "ALL LIVE MUSIC ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.!"

Again, I'm not saying that this guy should just roll over. I'm just saying that there's better ways of spreading liberty without making crankish claims (EVEN IF THE CLAIMS ARE TRUE!).

Czolgosz
09-13-2013, 12:52 PM
More permits and fees. Americans deserve this.

mczerone
09-13-2013, 12:59 PM
No he has several rebuttals, but...

That IS a rebuttal.. the Snopes article says that the question is whether "All live music is illegal in the US" whereas his article is merely saying that the DHS is enforcing an anti-live music without a permit law against him. They are. It is the Indiana DHS, which Snopes claims is a state agency - but we know that it is more like the Fusion centers that were popping up a few years ago that linked DHS with all of the local police. The feds are trying to control state agencies so that they can subvert our rights because the feds currently have very little jurisdiction over small private affairs and by going through the state agencies they effectively have access and jurisdiction to these smaller local affairs.

That is how the person on their website explained it who is going through all of this and the fact that they are able to explain it that way tells me that they are on point.

You explained it here better than the guy did himself on all his rambling pages. But look again at the headline to this thread:

"Fact: The Department of Homeland Security (An agency enacted through the Patriot Act) is now demanding through enforcement from The State Fire Marshalls that ALL LIVE MUSIC PLAYED IN THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE A PERMIT FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.

There's no nuance. There's no explanation of Fusion Centers. There's no caveat that this is federal DHS just looking to exploit local laws, rather than pushing a single "no live music" agenda. There's no recognition that it's the local ordinance enforcers looking to bring in the DHS to do their dirty work.

There's an explicit claim that this particular local (live music) ordinance will be used everywhere in the U.S. There's a claim that it's the Federal DHS directing the prosecution. There's a claim that the permit must come from the Federal DHS, not the local regulators.

And these are the claims that snopes rightly dismissed.