PDA

View Full Version : Steve Stockman to Obama: Return your Peace Prize if you want Syria vote

seyferjm
09-11-2013, 07:19 AM
:D

According to the latest whip count on Syria attack proposal in the House, 237 reps oppose a such a strike and 169 are undecided with just 27 are for. While this number guarantees that no vote will ever come to pass, and humiliate Obama, who if anything will revoke the punt to Congress from September 1 and unilaterally engage in strikes to appease assorted Saudi/Qatari interests, all that would take for the 27 Yay votes to become 28, would be for Obama to return the Nobel Peace Prize.

According to The Hill, a Republican lawmaker said he'll vote to authorize military action against Syria if President Obama returns his Nobel Peace Prize. The line between reality and an alternative Onionesque universe is thin, but this is not a joke.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-10/republican-offers-vote-syrian-strikes-if-obama-returns-nobel-peace-prize

roho76
09-11-2013, 07:37 AM
I know this is just grandstanding because he'll never return that, I don't believe this is a good idea. He would votes yes to bomb innocent people over a worthless trophy?

jkr
09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
a trophy he technically cannot accept...

Cap
09-11-2013, 09:20 AM
I know this is just grandstanding because he'll never return that, I don't believe this is a good idea. He would votes yes to bomb innocent people over a worthless trophy?Very strongly agree.