PDA

View Full Version : NY GOP Primary TODAY: Several NY Liberty candidates up for election

Rocco
09-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Though they are only local elections, we are VERY excited here in New York about the candidates we have going up. We feel that this is the beginning of our "bench" being built in the state, and with victories today we hope to get a couple of guys the GOP nomination! Below are the races to watch:

Syracuse city council district one: David Gay (liberty) vs Joe Carni (establishment)

This is the biggest and most important race of the day. David Gay has worked tirelessly for 8 months, raising money from 250+ donors across the country (including Ron Paul himself) and canvassing on close to a daily basis. If David wins, he will face incumbent Jake Barrett, who beat the GOP candidate by a mere 14 votes last time. This is our best chance to get a liberty candidate in office!

Albany mayor: Jesse Calhoun (liberty) unopposed

Calhoun is running for mayor in a city where the working families party got nearly 3X as many votes as the Republicans, Albany is an epicenter of liberalism. He will win the primary today, he's unopposed, though a general election win is unlikely.

NY State Committee:
Saratoga County- Rob Arrigo and Elaine Gerber vs incumbents. Rob and Elaine have latched onto a primary challenger for sheriff (Jeff Gildersleeve) and sort of piggy backed on that for the state committee race. We only have 1 liberty guy on the state committee currently, so this is hugely important for us. We think Rob and Elaine stand a good chance of victory.

Onondaga County- Peter Gay and Mary Wilmont vs incumbents. Like Rob and Elaine, Peter and Mary are also getting into the race largely on the support of a primary candidate (David Gay in this case). This primary will actually only have the state committee and city council primaries, so in Onondaga County we have a "liberty slate" for today! We think Peter and Mary stand a great chance at victory.

torchbearer
09-10-2013, 10:46 AM
good luck!

Rocco
09-10-2013, 10:51 AM
A very good letter in support of David, written from the standpoint of electability. THIS is how you counter the GOP establishment, read the comments!

http://blog.syracuse.com/opinion/2013/09/vote_for_david_gay_in_republic.html

To the Editor:

On Sept. 10, Syracuse Republican voters will have a choice between two candidates for Syracuse Common Council; Joseph Carni and David Gay. As a Republican voter whose number one concern is defeating Jake Barrett, I see several compelling reasons to support David Gay from an electability standpoint.

Carni has kept a very low profile since entering this race. Indeed I cannot find one public statement he has made since declaring his candidacy. He has no campaign website, no editorials in the newspaper and he has taken no public positions. I do not know where he stands on any of the issues, as he has practically gone into hiding over the course of this primary. As of this writing, the only statement I have seen from Carni since he declared his candidacy was his declaration, which was merely a short sound bite. Seeing as the GOP faces a 20 point disadvantage in voter registration and the disadvantage of facing an incumbent, watching Joe Carni become 'The Invisible Man' has convinced me he is not the man to defeat Barrett.

David Gay, on the other hand, has been campaigning tirelessly for almost eight months to unseat Barrett. He has gotten his name out in the media and the community, raised money from regular people (rather than political insiders), and has been relentless in his pursuit of victory. David has shown he has the work ethic, the charisma and the leadership to defeat Jake Barrett and be a tremendously effective city councilman.

Andrew Steele
Syracuse

rev1689
09-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for pointing these races out. I'm a little bit further north than Syracuse, but am watching with great anticipation to see the outcome of David Gay's race (as well as the others).

Rocco
09-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Thank you too my friend. Polls close in 45 minutes.....fingers crossed!

Thanks for pointing these races out. I'm a little bit further north than Syracuse, but am watching with great anticipation to see the outcome of David Gay's race (as well as the others).

muzzled dogg
09-10-2013, 08:01 PM
howd gay do?

Rocco
09-10-2013, 08:05 PM
You can follow the results here. As you can see, it's not looking good :(

http://onvote.ongov.net/summaryindex.html#1008

muzzled dogg
09-10-2013, 08:12 PM
thanks for link

muzzled dogg
09-10-2013, 08:16 PM
unbelievable he only got 143 votes

dude had a solid facebook game anyways

Rocco
09-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I think we're all a little shocked. I live 2 hours away so i wasnt involved on the ground or anything, but I was hearing a lot of good things.

Oh well, in positive news, our liberty state committee people in Saratoga are in a close race (At the very botton, Rob Arrigo and Elaine Gerber)

http://66.195.74.98/#1001

unbelievable he only got 143 votes

dude had a solid facebook game anyways

SneakyFrenchSpy
09-11-2013, 08:06 AM
As someone who lived in the city of Syracuse for a few years, I loved the area but I can tell you it's a real cess-pool of thuggery.
David led the way on the fight against the local SoundGarden music store being harassed and put out of business by useless regulations from the City Council. I really hope David packs up and moves to NH in the near-future, where his natural political talents will be put to much better use.

Rocco
09-11-2013, 09:24 AM
In positive news, Ron Paul supporter Rob Arrigo has been elected to the NY State committee as the committeeman from Saratoga County! The establishment fought TOOTH AND NAIL against them and still could not win, though they did beat our committeewoman. Arrigo's victory is huge for us and puts our 2nd guy on the NY State GOP committee!

http://poststar.com/highlights/elections/2013/primary/tea-party-advocate-leads-in-gop-committee-challenge/article_28333b06-1a91-11e3-abed-001a4bcf887a.html

Tea party advocate Rob Arrigo was leading in his challenge of incumbent Todd Kusnierz in the race for a male state Republican Committee seat representing the Saratoga County portion of the 113th Assembly District, as of 11:45 p.m. Tuesday.

Arrigo had 2,024 votes and Kusnierz had 1,793 votes, according to unofficial results from the Saratoga County Board of Elections, with about 83 percent of the machines counted.

But with a sizeable number of absentee ballots out, the results were not definitive.

The Saratoga County Board of Elections mailed out 489 absentee ballots in the race, of which 269 had been returned, as of Tuesday.

In the race for a female seat on the state committee, incumbent Shirley Needham, with 2,127 votes, defeated Elaine Gerber, who had 1,733 votes, according to unofficial results.

Gerber and Arrigo ran as a team.

Contested state committee races are rare.

Arrigo and Gerber, who describe themselves as tea party advocates, said the state committee needs independent thinkers.

Arrigo and Gerber said they are particularly concerned about the SAFE Act, the state gun control legislation that was enacted in January.

Saratoga County Republican Chairman John Herrick said retaining Kusnierz and Needham on the state committee was essential to county interests.

Saratoga County representatives on the committee typically vote as a block, and diluting that vote would weaken the county’s voice, he said.