PDA

View Full Version : George Zimmerman Taken into Custody over Gun-Related Matter

GregSarnowski
09-09-2013, 01:14 PM
update:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEIGHBORHOOD_WATCH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-09-09-15-07-28

George Zimmerman's wife has called police to her father's house, saying the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted of murder threatened her with a gun.

Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell says Shellie Zimmerman called police shortly after 2 p.m. Monday.

Bracknell says Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and officers are at the house trying to determine what happened.

dannno
09-09-2013, 01:15 PM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimmerman-taken-into-custody-after-incident-with-gun-police-say/-/1637132/21851424/-/tlxm3oz/-/index.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Without details it's hard to judge the situation but Zimmerman has not been doing himself any favors since the acquittal.

Do you have any idea how many people want him killed?

Brian4Liberty
09-09-2013, 01:19 PM
This is just ugly.

LAKE MARY, Fla. -

George Zimmerman has been taken into custody in Central Florida after his estranged wife called police saying he threatened her and her father with a gun.

Lake Mary police say they were called Monday afternoon to Shellie Zimmerman's parents' house on Sprucewood Road. Shellie Zimmerman's parents, David and Machelle Dean, live at the home.

Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said police are "trying to determine what exactly happened."

A spokesman for former Local 6 legal analyst Mark O'Mara, who represented George Zimmerman in his murder trial, said he had no comment at this time.

The incident comes days after Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce and discussed her relationship with George Zimmerman on a TV interview.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimmerman-taken-into-custody-after-incident-with-gun-police-say/-/1637132/21851424/-/tlxm3oz/-/index.html

GregSarnowski
09-09-2013, 01:23 PM

Yes, and I'm sure the epicenter of those who want to harm him is in Florida, which is why it is baffling that he apparently hasn't left the state or done anything to conceal his identity. Maybe it's just stubbornness but that's what I mean by "hasn't done himself any favors".

ZENemy
09-09-2013, 01:23 PM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimmerman-taken-into-custody-after-incident-with-gun-police-say/-/1637132/21851424/-/tlxm3oz/-/index.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Without details it's hard to judge the situation but Zimmerman has not been doing himself any favors since the acquittal.

I thought the last thing he did was save someone from an overturned truck?

RM918
09-09-2013, 01:24 PM
If this guy had any sense left at all, he'd get the hell out of this country.

specsaregood
09-09-2013, 01:25 PM
The incident comes days after Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce and discussed her relationship with George Zimmerman on a TV interview.

That sorta had to be expected after the entire defense argument was to emasculate the man and paint him as an uber weakling.

GregSarnowski
09-09-2013, 01:30 PM

The last thing I saw was a couple of days ago when he was pulled over for a 2nd time for speeding and given a ticket. Apparently the cop had a camera on his uniform and they showed the stop on the news, including close ups of George (which is outrageous IMO). But it could have been avoided if Zimmerman (1) slowed down (2) got a radar detector.

Todd
09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
The last thing I saw was a couple of days ago when he was pulled over for a 2nd time for speeding and given a ticket. Apparently the cop had a camera on his uniform and they showed the stop on the news, including close ups of George (which is outrageous IMO). But it could have been avoided if Zimmerman (1) slowed down (2) got a radar detector.

Radar Detector......Detector (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_detector_detector)

GregSarnowski
09-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Radar Detector......Detector (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_detector_detector)

Sure, but they're only illegal in 1 state AFAIK (Virginia). I think in CA you're allowed to have them but not on the dashboard.

Crazy not to have one otherwise IMO.

Anyway, this looks like a he said/she said domestic dispute, still wasn't smart of Zimmerman to even potentially put himself in this situation though.

RM918
09-09-2013, 01:52 PM

That very article mentions radar detector detector...detector circuits. Unironically.

brandon
09-09-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm starting to think his wife is a little nutty. Who goes on national TV to talk about their divorce?

VBRonPaulFan
09-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm starting to think his wife is a little nutty. Who goes on national TV to talk about their divorce?

I wouldn't be surprised if some time down the line we find out some group or the other was giving significant 'defense aid' or otherwise payments to his wife in return for doing character assassinations on him or spewing nonsense to make him look unhinged.

Antischism
09-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. He was arrested for domestic abuse in 2005 against a completely different woman, his ex fiance.

Ender
09-09-2013, 02:28 PM

That was investigated by some internet news guys and I believe they said it was a false claim.

Zimmerman has a history of violence and lies but most people on the forum were singing his praises because they were mad that Trayvon was first shown on MSM as a 12 year old.

MelissaWV
09-09-2013, 04:33 PM
That was investigated by some internet news guys and I believe they said it was a false claim.

Zimmerman has a history of violence and lies but most people on the forum were singing his praises because they were mad that Trayvon was first shown on MSM as a 12 year old.

The very vast majority of posts on the subject talked about him not being particularly bright. Using this to suggest he was guilty of charges he was acquitted of would be just as dumb as using charges he was acquitted of to suggest he is guilty of this. They are separate events.

Ender
09-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Zimmerman's past history of violence and lies is very pertinent to the present issue.

aGameOfThrones
09-09-2013, 04:46 PM
I blame Trayvon Martin.

AFPVet
09-09-2013, 06:08 PM

The way we ran radar was such that a detector wouldn't do you much good. We had those triggered units that you could activate and deactivate with the pull of the trigger... just pull the trigger to the first notch to get the speed and the second notch to lock in the speed. Some units are always on though... those would get busted by the detectors, but not the ones we used.

Some other interesting facts... radars can only be used when an object (vehicle) is coming at you). Also, the units must be checked and logged every time the officer uses it. I had to use two tuning forks (35 MPH and 65 MPH) to test the unit with... the unit is allowed to exceed +/- 1 MPH. In other words, if someone wanted to be a real dick and write you for going 66 in a 65, you could contest it and win in court. Also, if the officer failed to record the function test in the log book for the date that you were stopped, you would also win in court.

Of course, if they were using laser units, this is a different ballgame. We didn't use them.

PaleoPaul
09-09-2013, 06:38 PM
The guy is unhinged, no doubt.

However, one important thing to note: He's in the middle of a divorce. While it may be true that he's snapped, this may also have the makings of Shellie being a vindictive, spiteful ex-wife who wants a huge ass alimony as well.

Snew
09-09-2013, 06:45 PM
lol this guy is kind of an idiot.

FloralScent
09-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. He was arrested for domestic abuse in 2005 against a completely different woman, his ex fiance.

Was he convicted? Then shut the fuck up.

TaftFan
09-09-2013, 06:49 PM
He did save someone though after being released.

Antischism
09-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Was he convicted? Then shut the fuck up.

Wow, you're really emotionally invested in this, aren't you?

My point is, two different women have accused him of domestic abuse. I don't claim to know to what extent or what exactly took place, but given this information, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if this new accusation is true.

FloralScent
09-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Wow, you're really emotionally invested in this, aren't you?

My point is, two different women have accused him of domestic abuse. I don't claim to know to what extent or what exactly took place, but given this information, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if this new accusation is true.

You're trolling just gets fucking old. I've yet to see a thread where you don't come down on the wrong side of an issue. You really seem to have a problem with guns, gun lobbies, and the right of self-defense.

Anti Federalist
09-09-2013, 08:47 PM
This poor bastard is gonna flame out.

If he had a lick of sense, like someone else noted, he'd get the hell out of the country, or at least the hell out of Florida, lay low somewhere and STFU.

But he'll end up dead or in jail yet, you wait and see.

Occam's Banana
09-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Who goes on national TV to talk about their divorce?

Nowadays? "Who doesn't (or wouldn't)?" might make for a much shorter list ...

Antischism
09-09-2013, 08:54 PM
You're trolling just gets fucking old. I've yet to see a thread where you don't come down on the wrong side of an issue. You really seem to have a problem with guns, gun lobbies, and the right of self-defense.

Just because I'm not a gun fetishist it doesn't mean I don't support the right to bear arms. I fucking hate guns, but I don't want to deprive people the right to carry. You're just making shit up now.

Murray N Rothbard
09-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Just because I'm not a gun fetishist it doesn't mean I don't support the right to bear arms. I fucking hate guns, but I don't want to deprive people the right to carry. You're just making shit up now.

Why do you hate guns?

Ender
09-09-2013, 09:04 PM

Bad day?

FloralScent
09-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Just because I'm not a gun fetishist blah..blah..blah I fucking hate guns .........blah...blah...blah...fucking blah.

I rest my case. :cool:

Antischism
09-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Why do you hate guns?

As far as weapons go, I'm much more a fan of swords/knives/daggers. I much prefer their aesthetics and enjoy sword fighting with dull-edged blades for sport. I've never been a fan of guns aesthetically, nor do I really enjoy hunting (or killing any animal, for personal reasons). I eat meat, but will never partake in the hunting of animals.

I guess "hate" may have been too strong a word to use. I don't like them, though.

Natural Citizen
09-09-2013, 09:12 PM
As far as weapons go, I'm much more a fan of swords/knives/daggers. I much prefer their aesthetics and enjoy sword fighting with dull-edged blades for sport. I've never been a fan of guns aesthetically, nor do I really enjoy hunting (or killing any animal, for personal reasons). I eat meat, but will never partake in the hunting of animals.

What if...oh, i don't know....say a solar flare knocked out power and all of your food spoiled...junior was hungry...stores were a warzone and there was a rabbit frolicking about in the front yard? Junior wouldn't have dinner?

Never say never. Survival of the fittest.

Ender
09-09-2013, 09:13 PM

He was fired for throwing a woman across a bar.

George Zimmerman was fired from his job as an under-the-table security guard for “being too aggressive,” a former co-worker told the Daily News.

“Usually he was just a cool guy. He liked to drink and hang with the women like the rest of us,” he said. “But it was like Jekyll and Hyde. When the dude snapped, he snapped.”

The source said Zimmerman, who made between $50 and $100 a night, was let go in 2005.

“He had a temper and he became a liability,” the man said. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted,” he said. “It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-lost-job-party-security-guard-aggressive-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223#ixzz2eSItjHUz

Antischism
09-09-2013, 09:15 PM
What if...oh, i don't know....say a solar flare knocked out power and all of your food spoiled...junior was hungry...stores were a warzone and there was a rabbit frolicking about in the front yard? Junior wouldn't have dinner?

Never say never. Survival of the fittest.

I'm not talking about hypotheticals that would put me and my family in such a scenario. However, if I were in such an extreme position, yes, survival will win out over these specific personal morals.

Natural Citizen
09-09-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm not talking about hypotheticals that would put me and my family in such a scenario. However, if I were in such an extreme position, yes, survival will win out over personal morals.

Oh. Ok. I was just checking. Good move. Never know when you might need a plinker. Best to have one just in case.

Rabbit do smell good over the fire too so...yeah. :rolleyes:

BlackTerrel
09-09-2013, 09:20 PM
You know if I got away with murder I'd probably be grateful and try to keep a low profile.

This dude has a God complex.

Antischism
09-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Yeah, it's pretty evident that the dude has/had anger issues of some sort. But many will continue to defend him and lend no credence to statements which put him in a bad light. Most likely the same people who were trying to say Trayvon was a thug for wearing a hoodie and purchasing food/drinks to make "Purple Drank," because that's what thugs do apparently. I get tired of the hypocrisy, honestly.

This doesn't even have anything to do with the trial, and people are still emotionally invested and trying very hard to defend Zimmerman. It became really political, I feel. I think a lot of people view any negativity against Zimmerman, regardless of what it is, as an attack on gun rights and self-defense.

Danke
09-09-2013, 09:24 PM
You know if I got away with murder I'd probably be grateful and try to keep a low profile.

This dude has a God complex.

How can you see when you are so full of shit?

Antischism
09-09-2013, 09:38 PM

Essentially, the case you're making is akin to saying someone who hates drugs can't be for legalization despite holding said views. It's absurd.

AuH20
09-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Trayvon Martin was a know-it-all thug who prided himself in the ability 'beat up' others per his well documented text messages, until he finally ran into an unstable George Zimmerman. This blurb does nothing to exonerate Martin from going back to confront Zimmerman and escalating the situation. End of story.

AuH20
09-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah, it's pretty evident that the dude has/had anger issues of some sort. But many will continue to defend him and lend no credence to statements which put him in a bad light. Most likely the same people who were trying to say Trayvon was a thug for wearing a hoodie and purchasing food/drinks to make "Purple Drank," because that's what thugs do apparently. I get tired of the hypocrisy, honestly.

This doesn't even have anything to do with the trial, and people are still emotionally invested and trying very hard to defend Zimmerman. It became really political, I feel. I think a lot of people view any negativity against Zimmerman, regardless of what it is, as an attack on gun rights and self-defense.

Nope. Martin's twitter and facebook account was actually the "star witness." There has been no bias since Martin left a treasure trove of information outlining his reckless lifestyle.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-martin-texts-reference-guns-fighting-pot-article-1.1353832

In his own words? I mean for Christ's sake:

"Naw, I'm a gangsta," his reply read.

In another, he refers to a fistfight with another boy who "snitched" on him.

"I lost da 1st round but won da 2nd and 3rd," he writes, according to transcripts posted on the defense team's website.

There is no taking sides in this. This was a perfect storm event with two very flawed people engaging each other.

Anti Federalist
09-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Why do you hate guns?

Hoplophobia seems to be a regional disease, affecting people from NJ, NY, MA, IL, CT, and CA in unequal numbers.

RickyJ
09-09-2013, 09:54 PM

This could be the number one reason his wife wants to divorce him. She doesn't want to get killed too.

AuH20
09-09-2013, 09:56 PM
This could be the number one reason his wife wants to divorce him. She doesn't want to get killed too.

Plus, women are highly emotional and basically control freaks. So with her thrown in this chaotic situation she wants an out. I can't entirely blame her, but the marriage vows are pretty crystal clear. LOL

Antischism
09-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Nope. Martin's twitter and facebook account was actually the "star witness." There has been no bias since Martin left a treasure trove of information outlining his reckless lifestyle.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-martin-texts-reference-guns-fighting-pot-article-1.1353832

In his own words? I mean for Christ's sake:

There is no taking sides in this. This was a perfect storm event with two very flawed people engaging each other.

I'm aware that they are/were flawed individuals, my point was that people were really reaching at ridiculous lengths to portray Martin in the worst light possible, yet making excuses or downplaying Zimmerman's past to contrast in a much brighter light. Regardless, the focus of the thread wasn't on the Trayvon Martin trial, rather the allegations of domestic abuse.

Hoplophobia seems to be a regional disease, affecting people from NJ, NY, MA, IL, CT, and CA in unequal numbers.

If you're raised around guns or in areas with more hunting ranges/gun shops and/or states without strict gun laws, obviously people will be more open to the idea of owning them or participating in some sort of sport. That's not exactly a revelation.

If I had grown up around guns and in a state without strict gun laws, it's probable I would like going to target practice and collecting guns. I grew up around swords and an assortment of different blades and trained in that particular art with friends, hence why I really like them and collect them.

Not once have I stated that I'm personally against owning a gun (despite not liking them; I'd like a last resort in cases where it's absolutely needed for self-defense) or that I want to enforce gun laws, I gave my reasons for disliking them. Are people not free to dislike guns? You can dislike something and also advocate for the rights of others to do/use said thing. I don't like organized religion, but I'm not going to tell people they can't practice it. I don't do drugs, but I'm for legalizing them. I don't want to have sex with prostitutes, but I want to legalize it.

Respect other people's opinions like you want yours to be respected if they aren't trying to stop you from enjoying what you enjoy.

The Free Hornet
09-09-2013, 11:07 PM
... most people on the forum were singing his praises because they were mad that Trayvon was first shown on MSM as a 12 year old.

What is your definition of "most"? Do you mean a majority or a plurality of this arbitrary category: "singing his praises because they were mad that Trayvon was first shown on MSM as a 12 year old.".

What do you mean by "singing his praises"? Is this the same as believing insufficient evidence was presented for a second-degree murder conviction? What about those who don't care for HOA/NW busybodies but believe in the right of self defense?

If they were in fact - by your definition - "singing his praises", what evidence have you that this is due to being "mad that Trayvon was first shown on MSM as a 12 year old"?

Why wouldn't they be more upset with

- non contextual claim that Zimmerman is white (AP, CBS, PBS) (technically true, but not how they normally would classify a latino)
- he was relabeled as a "white hispanic" - yeah, like we needed that (New York Times)
- edited 9-1-1 recordings (NBC & New York Times)
- doctored editing of the video to hide lacerations to Zimmerman's head (ABC)
- overt lie about witness testimony - who was pummeling who on the ground (CNN)
- another CNN whopper (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2012/04/06/cnn-walks-it-back-oops-zimmerman-didnt-say-coon-he-said-it-was-cold), how this doesn't make your Elvish blood boil...
- Obama's "if I had a son...", this is a new low (not new to Obama, but in the case) [I'll assume you have no plans to offend a sitting President]

And you think you characterize what "most" people belive and why?

BY WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU COME TO YOUR CONCLUSIONS? Point to the thread and the posts. Show us your math!

Anti Federalist
09-10-2013, 05:11 AM
If you're raised around guns or in areas with more hunting ranges/gun shops and/or states without strict gun laws, obviously people will be more open to the idea of owning them or participating in some sort of sport. That's not exactly a revelation.

If I had grown up around guns and in a state without strict gun laws, it's probable I would like going to target practice and collecting guns. I grew up around swords and an assortment of different blades and trained in that particular art with friends, hence why I really like them and collect them.

Not once have I stated that I'm personally against owning a gun (despite not liking them; I'd like a last resort in cases where it's absolutely needed for self-defense) or that I want to enforce gun laws, I gave my reasons for disliking them. Are people not free to dislike guns? You can dislike something and also advocate for the rights of others to do/use said thing. I don't like organized religion, but I'm not going to tell people they can't practice it. I don't do drugs, but I'm for legalizing them. I don't want to have sex with prostitutes, but I want to legalize it.

Respect other people's opinions like you want yours to be respected if they aren't trying to stop you from enjoying what you enjoy.

I grew up in a household without guns.

In fact, my mother was so "anti gun", I was not allowed toy guns of any kind.

But I understand your position, you stated it in a much more reasonable way than just to say: "I hate guns".

That's as silly as saying "I hate hammers".

And maybe a three day, Hunter Thompson-esque bender might change your mind on hookers, drugs and guns.

;)

tod evans
09-10-2013, 05:14 AM
And maybe a three day, Hunter Thompson-esque bender might change your mind on hookers, drugs and guns.

;)

What's reality got to do with it? ;)

Antischism
09-10-2013, 06:12 AM

But I understand your position, you stated it in a much more reasonable way than just to say: "I hate guns".

;)

I had some high quality weed at an ex-girlfriend's friend's house party a few years back, which was vaporized. This guy's family is loaded and he has ties to some dealers with REALLY good stuff. Needless to say, I decided to at least give it a try since I wasn't going to get a chance to smoke up with quality stuff again, being that I don't have connections or much money.

Man. I got a really bad case of anxiety after inhaling a few times. I had to go outside and pretty much just rolled up into a ball and held myself for a while. I was freaking out a little on the inside. Ever since, I've been hesitant to smoke weed again.

fisharmor
09-10-2013, 06:55 AM
I had to go outside and pretty much just rolled up into a ball and held myself for a while. I was freaking out a little on the inside. Ever since, I've been hesitant to smoke weed again.

Sounds like you didn't have anyone there you could trust.
If you're gonna ride the snake, you need someone to show you how to sit in the saddle.
Never do new drugs alone.

Slutter McGee
09-10-2013, 07:14 AM
oh fuck you Danke. The verdict was right because there was not enough evidence. Some people are going to think he got away with murder. Some aren't. On that account it doesn't fucking matter.

That being said, Zimmerman is acting like an idiot.

Slutter McGee

Antischism
09-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Sounds like you didn't have anyone there you could trust.
If you're gonna ride the snake, you need someone to show you how to sit in the saddle.
Never do new drugs alone.

I was with my ex when I stepped outside and a couple of other people—pretty much next to her. It probably didn't help that I had been drinking beforehand. In any case, it was a bad experience so I haven't really had any desire to try it again.

Ender
09-10-2013, 09:29 AM
What is your definition of "most"? Do you mean a majority or a plurality of this arbitrary category: "singing his praises because they were mad that Trayvon was first shown on MSM as a 12 year old.".

What do you mean by "singing his praises"? Is this the same as believing insufficient evidence was presented for a second-degree murder conviction? What about those who don't care for HOA/NW busybodies but believe in the right of self defense?

If they were in fact - by your definition - "singing his praises", what evidence have you that this is due to being "mad that Trayvon was first shown on MSM as a 12 year old"?

Why wouldn't they be more upset with

- non contextual claim that Zimmerman is white (AP, CBS, PBS) (technically true, but not how they normally would classify a latino)
- he was relabeled as a "white hispanic" - yeah, like we needed that (New York Times)
- edited 9-1-1 recordings (NBC & New York Times)
- doctored editing of the video to hide lacerations to Zimmerman's head (ABC)
- overt lie about witness testimony - who was pummeling who on the ground (CNN)
- another CNN whopper (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2012/04/06/cnn-walks-it-back-oops-zimmerman-didnt-say-coon-he-said-it-was-cold), how this doesn't make your Elvish blood boil...
- Obama's "if I had a son...", this is a new low (not new to Obama, but in the case) [I'll assume you have no plans to offend a sitting President]

And you think you characterize what "most" people belive and why?

BY WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU COME TO YOUR CONCLUSIONS? Point to the thread and the posts. Show us your math!

I posted countless threads on this subject and if you want to see them- look them up.

There is tons of evidence of Zimmerman's questionable past, his editing stuff he presented to the court, not to mention lying about having bail money, yadda, yadda, yadda. PLUS the original witnesses testimonies changed by the police etc.

But I am NOT going to present those to you or anyone else of the BILLIONTH time.

Ender
09-10-2013, 09:31 AM
oh fuck you Danke. The verdict was right because there was not enough evidence. Some people are going to think he got away with murder. Some aren't. On that account it doesn't fucking matter.

That being said, Zimmerman is acting like an idiot.

Slutter McGee

Agree.

Ender
09-10-2013, 09:32 AM

Those words combined with your Avatar make a rather uncomfortable mental picture. ;)

pcosmar
09-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Man. I got a really bad case of anxiety after inhaling a few times. I had to go outside and pretty much just rolled up into a ball and held myself for a while. I was freaking out a little on the inside. Ever since, I've been hesitant to smoke weed again.

And I suspect,, though can not definitively prove,, that the anxiety and paranoia associated with pot come from the fact that it is "illegal" (as opposed to any concept of right and wrong).

If it were completely legal, and with no threat of "getting caught".. there would be nothing to be anxious or fearful of.

brushfire
09-10-2013, 10:03 AM
When life throws you a break, take advantage... First he could not get a break, and now he cant take a break.

At this point, ol George would be better off being equipped with a "bomb squad suit", some steel toes, and a mine map of the Korean DMZ. He can put his "mad skills" to some good use.

belian78
09-10-2013, 10:11 AM
http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/lake-mary-police-are-now-calling-into-question-several-statements-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911

Brian4Liberty
09-10-2013, 10:22 AM

No, you didn't. Marijuana is a plant, and has no bad side effects. No one has ever had a bad trip from pot. You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

<Just thought I'd be the first to say that.> :cool:

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-10-2013, 11:16 AM

I have not seen her speak before... but you'd think she'd wait on some sort of payday before the divorce. If Zimmerman wasn't busy writing a book (or having someone else write it), he's missing an opportunity to free himself.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-10-2013, 11:19 AM

This is tangential at best, but I was not allowed to have toy guns "because guns aren't toys."

jmdrake
09-10-2013, 12:02 PM

http://www.trapster.com/

jmdrake
09-10-2013, 12:02 PM

Robin Givens?

jmdrake
09-10-2013, 12:06 PM

Yeah. Neither Zimmerman nor Martin were saints. If Martin had survived he would probably be in trouble with the law by now too. Stupid violent people kill other stupid violent people every day in this country and nobody gives a rip unless the media tells you too.

Ender
09-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah. Neither Zimmerman nor Martin were saints. If Martin had survived he would probably be in trouble with the law by now too. Stupid violent people kill other stupid violent people every day in this country and nobody gives a rip unless the media tells you too.

Never implied the kid was a saint- but his suspensions were for:

- graffiti
- a flathead screw driver
- marijuana residue in his backpack

Lots of "for Zimmerman" people wanted to convict him of theft because he had some jewelry with that flathead, but he was never charged and the jewelry was never reported.

Not exactly violent.

Antischism
09-10-2013, 03:35 PM

;)

Who knows, I can't say I'll never start gaining an appreciation for guns or shooting targets, but for now they're really not my thing. I view it strictly as a last resort life insurance for self-defense, personally. I respect that others really like them and enjoy hunting.

And I suspect,, though can not definitively prove,, that the anxiety and paranoia associated with pot come from the fact that it is "illegal" (as opposed to any concept of right and wrong).

If it were completely legal, and with no threat of "getting caught".. there would be nothing to be anxious or fearful of.

It had nothing to do with the legality of it, I assure you. The best reasoning I could come up with is it might have been caused by the alcohol I had been drinking before I started inhaling the vaporized weed.

No, you didn't. Marijuana is a plant, and has no bad side effects. No one has ever had a bad trip from pot. You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

<Just thought I'd be the first to say that.> :cool:

Could having had alcohol prior to inhaling the weed caused some sort of interaction which resulted in me feeling like I was about to have a panic attack?

jmdrake
09-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Never implied the kid was a saint- but his suspensions were for:

- graffiti
- a flathead screw driver
- marijuana residue in his backpack

Lots of "for Zimmerman" people wanted to convict him of theft because he had some jewelry with that flathead, but he was never charged and the jewelry was never reported.

Not exactly violent.

For the record, I was never a "for Zimmerman" person, but I think you know that. I thought he should have been tried and he was. I wanted him to get a fair trial and I believe he did. I think based on the evidence there was reasonable doubt and I think the country should move on. Here in Nashville, a month after the Zimmerman/Martin fiasco, one brother killed another under similar circumstances and he wasn't charged. In that case we know the killer actually started the fight.

Ender
09-10-2013, 05:33 PM
For the record, I was never a "for Zimmerman" person, but I think you know that. I thought he should have been tried and he was. I wanted him to get a fair trial and I believe he did. I think based on the evidence there was reasonable doubt and I think the country should move on. Here in Nashville, a month after the Zimmerman/Martin fiasco, one brother killed another under similar circumstances and he wasn't charged. In that case we know the killer actually started the fight.

I know you were never a "for Zimmerman" person- just stating publicly that Trayvon had a different problem background than Zimmerman and was not known for violence.

FloralScent
09-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Lake Mary Police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/lake-mary-police-are-now-calling-into-question-several-statements-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911

Eat it bitches. You know who you are.

The Free Hornet
09-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I posted countless threads on this subject and if you want to see them- look them up.

No, you have posted nothing to support this contention:

... most people on the forum were singing his praises because they were mad that Trayvon was first shown on MSM as a 12 year old.

Not "countless", rather count=0.

There is tons of evidence of Zimmerman's questionable past, his editing stuff he presented to the court, not to mention lying about having bail money, yadda, yadda, yadda. PLUS the original witnesses testimonies changed by the police etc.

None of which touches upon your defamation of "most people here" above.

But I am NOT going to present those to you or anyone else of the BILLIONTH time.

You haven't done it once. All you need to do is find the hyperlink(s) supporting:

MelissaWV
09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Police in central Florida have been focusing on a broken iPad in their investigation of a domestic dispute between George Zimmerman and his estranged wife this week.

Without video from the iPad or some other piece of independent evidence, legal experts said it will be hard to build a case because Shellie Zimmerman changed her story about her husband threatening her with a gun and decided not to press charges.

Police said Tuesday they were confident they would be able to get video from Shellie Zimmerman's broken iPad, and the evidence will help them determine if charges should be filed.

Investigators believe the mobile device captured video of Monday's dispute at the Lake Mary house where the Zimmermans had been living. Shellie Zimmerman told authorities he smashed it to pieces, but the former neighborhood watch volunteer said she hit him with it. Police said it was examined at a crime lab, and the chances of them being able to watch the video were "outstanding," but it wasn't clear when that might happen.

This is why you can't just dredge up your personal prejudice and ignore the fact that the other person involved has their own kind of history.

Oh and this is what should really grind your gears:

However, multiple media outlets are incorrectly reporting that Zimmerman and his wife has also declined to press charges. According to police, because this is a domestic violence case, it is up to the state attorney's office to decide whether charges are warranted. They must first find out who was the primary aggressor, if there was one at all.

Flugel89
09-11-2013, 05:19 PM
That very article mentions radar detector detector...detector circuits. Unironically.

Hehe. Mine has that feature. makes me laugh when I hear it.

BlackTerrel
09-15-2013, 03:47 PM

It's hard. You are right. Zimmerman is a hero who can do no wrong. Clearly this bitch deserved it for questioning the greatness of George. I also think she was eating skittles which may have sent him into a fury.