PDA

View Full Version : Blimp is going to fly!!!

qwerty
11-28-2007, 10:37 AM
$383,500 pledged as of 11:18 pm 11/27/07

http://ronpaulblimp.com/

:cool:

KewlRonduderules
11-28-2007, 10:39 AM
well, now we have the money pledges. Where is the PAC?

jake
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
http://ronpaulblimp.com/images/005_3-opt.jpg

davidhperry
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
How is this money going to be collected?

sirachman
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
What the hell is going on?! Get off your butt and set up a PAC! Jesus this is crazy important, do you realize the headlines for this?! First Blimp being used for a campaign?! Damn what is going on? If something is wrong or you need something just say it. People WILL help out!

LFOD
11-28-2007, 10:59 AM
What the hell is going on?! Get off your butt and set up a PAC! Jesus this is crazy important, do you realize the headlines for this?! First Blimp being used for a campaign?! Damn what is going on? If something is wrong or you need something just say it. People WILL help out!

Yeah I'm in agreement with the frustration here - enough time has passed. This needs to get straightened out, like now.

kotetu
11-28-2007, 11:00 AM
This would be huge headlines - mostly because its grassroots! Get it done right!

hillertexas
11-28-2007, 11:01 AM
"Elijah" is the man behind the blimp.

Tenbatsu
11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
49 $5,000 pledges - I do not believe that at all.

James R
11-28-2007, 11:10 AM

Before the $5,000 pledges started rolling in the project was at about $13,500.

qwerty
11-28-2007, 11:10 AM

You donīt believe that RP supporters are extra money.... :p

ashlux
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
You donīt believe that RP supporters are extra money.... :p

I wish I was made out of that kind of money! :-D

Sir Stangle
11-28-2007, 11:14 AM
i must admit, im skeptical of 40 of the 42 5k pledges. I think we'll need a huge help making this actually work.

pacelli
11-28-2007, 11:15 AM

Well said. This has been posted on the site since it went live:

We are in the process of forming an official Political Action Committee to take care of the funds. If you would like to help please email us here.

Despite numerous requests for an update from Elijah this week, there has been no response. Time is running out. Elijah, are you still checking this forum? Give us an update on the PAC please.

Ron LOL
11-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Could we please wait until the blimp is actually in the air before we make more threads about this?

robert4rp08
11-28-2007, 11:16 AM
woohoo! make it happen!

Bacon
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
We are working around the clock to get this project set up. This is a fairly large-scale project, so please have some patience as we get everything going. We have posted two requests for help in the past day and no one has stepped up, so we ARE trying to get some help to move this forward as quickly as possible. If any of you are interested in helping with the website, please contact me ASAP. We also need a Treasurer, if you are interested in that job please contact Elijah.

Elijah
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
On the PAC.... We cannot set up a PAC, at most you could do $2,300. That $2,300 would go towards the expressed advocacy of the Ron Paul campaign. We have had very, very good legal counsel. Please trust me.

Please be patient. We are anxious to do this to. Joey and the whole blimp team are working very hard on this.

groverblue
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM

I have to agree. I guess we will see. If they don't pledge, the email addrs should be published.

Storm3
11-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I have nothing useful to add... just wanted to say

WOOOHOOOO!!!

lxmorj
11-28-2007, 12:01 PM
"Blimp Enthusiasts" dream comes true! Ron Paul fan, who owns blimp company, rents blimp to group if they allow him to control the banners it runs...

pacelli
11-28-2007, 12:02 PM
On the PAC.... We cannot set up a PAC, at most you could do $2,300. That $2,300 would go towards the expressed advocacy of the Ron Paul campaign. We have had very, very good legal counsel. Please trust me.

Please be patient. We are anxious to do this to. Joey and the whole blimp team are working very hard on this.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

LFOD
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Thank you very much for the quick response.

That didn't explain anything to me, other than they have some novel theory about how this is going to be legally financed. I don't know why he just doesn't come out and state what the plan is. Why do we have to "trust" you Elijah? We want the facts, quite frankly. Without a legal financial structure, this whole thing is setting up to be a train wreck.

Energy
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
That didn't explain anything to me, other than they have some novel theory about how this is going to be legally financed. I don't know why he just doesn't come out and state what the plan is. Why do we have to "trust" you Elijah? We want the facts, quite frankly. Without a legal financial structure, this whole thing is setting up to be a train wreck.

Same here. When he wrote "we cannot set up a PAC," so why? Do we need to set something up?

"At most you could do $2,300." The only place I've seen that limit is for the campaign. For the blimp, what's limiting it to $2300 if it's not a PAC?

"That $2,300 would go towards the expressed advocacy of the Ron Paul campaign."

ummm... ok.

Elijah, I appreciate what you and Joey and the blimp gang are doing, and we look forward to taking flight :)

Mckarnin
11-28-2007, 12:35 PM

I think all of the $5000 might be because you are guaranteed blimp rides. :-)

TechnoGuyRob
11-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I think all of the $5000 might be because you are guaranteed blimp rides. :-)

I saw several people on DailyPaul trying to decide whether to put $5,000 down on their credit card for the opportunity of a lifetime.

Many decided to do it.

Fig
11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
If you can't do a PAC just set up a HUGE paypal account lol.

But whatever way you do it, do it quickly! Time is of the essence! Fly!

OferNave
11-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Everyone shouting at you in this thread isn't being helpful, but neither is you saying be patient and trust us.

The only effective solution to these kinds of situations is communication. Try posting a small news update on the blimp site once a day. Two minutes of your time will eliminate most of this pressure.

TexicanLady
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM
You need someone who is bonded to hold the money and make the payment for the blimp. That way the bonding company would pay any losses if the money guy ran with the cash.

ETA: I like the idea of a paypal account for donations to the blimp. That leaves a paper trail and paypal does offer protection from ripoffs.

dcatman
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Can't one of the other Ron Paul PACs act as the front for this?

Man from La Mancha
11-28-2007, 05:42 PM
No matter what happens, no one will lose anything. They seemed to be working hard on this project. If any of the $5000 go bad I'm sure more donations will come in to cover it. If it starts past Dec 1, we can still use it for the Dec 16th tparty.

macdee
11-29-2007, 03:01 AM
I would like to see Trevor Lyman involve Alex Jones in the blimp project. For those that don’t know Alex, he is a close friend of Ron Paul and has a lot of experience in putting projects together. Alex has been on television and is an independent film producer. He also has a talk radio program in Austin Texas. If Alex Jones had a hand in on the blimp project, people like myself would feel a lot safer in making my donation.

Trevor does have Alex Jones personal phone number and could get some great advice in how to collect the funds safely and legally. Alex has the most integrity of anyone I know and has been promoting the Tea Party 07 daily on his radio program for weeks. If Alex Jones was brought in on the project it would calm all the questions about their donations and get the project on track quickly. The money could have already been collected and we would be seeing pictures of it being painted!

My advice, get Alex Jones involved somehow. He’ll help get this thing done!

wisconsinite
11-29-2007, 04:29 AM
Blimp Media, Inc.

This might be a strange idea, but what if the blimp was run under a company, Blimp Media. The mainstream media can cover whomever they choose, so the Blimp Media would be free to cover whomever it chooses (Dr. Paul), as well as using whatever type of medium it chooses (giant airship). Instead of collecting "donations", individuals buy "shares" in the company.

If Oprah can promote Obama on her show as much as she wants, what is there to prevent Blimp Media's traveling air show from promoting Ron Paul?

Just something to ponder.

steph3n
11-29-2007, 04:31 AM
I would like to see Trevor Lyman involve Alex Jones in the blimp project. For those that don’t know Alex, he is a close friend of Ron Paul and has a lot of experience in putting projects together. Alex has been on television and is an independent film producer. He also has a talk radio program in Austin Texas. If Alex Jones had a hand in on the blimp project, people like myself would feel a lot safer in making my donation.

Trevor does have Alex Jones personal phone number and could get some great advice in how to collect the funds safely and legally. Alex has the most integrity of anyone I know and has been promoting the Tea Party 07 daily on his radio program for weeks. If Alex Jones was brought in on the project it would calm all the questions about their donations and get the project on track quickly. The money could have already been collected and we would be seeing pictures of it being painted!

My advice, get Alex Jones involved somehow. He’ll help get this thing done!
There are better people than AJ to manage such a project. think about it a bit.

Dutch
11-29-2007, 08:32 AM
I don't know about the legalities, but can the Blimp company not set up an account and accept partial payments from all pledgers?

Dutch