PDA

View Full Version : over 380,000

cien750hp
11-28-2007, 10:31 AM
elijah, you need to tell everyone the plan and start collecting now

sirachman
11-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Seriously, what is up with this project? It is SUCH a good idea, I really hope you are doing your part to make this work. It will literally make history in its originality... Please do your best! If you haven't gotten everything prepared yet, find but please tell everyone here on the boards what needs to be done and we will help you. This is too important for any excuse, but whatever it is it can be helped so lets get this thing going!!

Thanks everyone!
Lets get moving!

Go Blimp!

Air Force Ron!
Every Revolution need an Airforce!

BeFranklin
11-28-2007, 10:38 AM
elijah, you need to tell everyone the plan and start collecting now

Yes :) Been waiting for the donation update all morning. I'm waiting to send in my donation and post it in my office (I'm going to use the boston teaparty picture). :)

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/images/RP3_header.jpg

bulloncoins
11-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Let's give the guy a break here. He is obviously working on things. Why are you not posting to try to get people with some useful experience to step up and help with the PAC, treasury, website, etc.

That is what is going to get the blimp up and floating, nothing else.

Please, Please.....someone who can handle these things step up...this project needs you.

That said, any update on any progress would help keep this going in the right direction. (so take the hint).:D

Paulitical Correctness
11-28-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm going to assume that actual numbers are closer to 140-160 thousand. There's no way even half of those 5 grand pledges are real.

Bacon
11-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Let's give the guy a break here. He is obviously working on things. Why are you not posting to try to get people with some useful experience to step up and help with the PAC, treasury, website, etc.

That is what is going to get the blimp up and floating, nothing else.

Please, Please.....someone who can handle these things step up...this project needs you.

That said, any update on any progress would help keep this going in the right direction. (so take the hint).:D

We've posted two requests for help on the boards in the last day and no one has stepped up..
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=42442
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=42246

cien750hp
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm going to assume that actual numbers are closer to 140-160 thousand. There's no way even half of those 5 grand pledges are real.

if they are real, they all can't have three days.
with 49 pledgers at 3 days apiece, there is not enough room to accommodate them, have a raffle for a few lesser pedgers, and have media/GOP chairmen/campaign staff/the big man himself on

TechnoGuyRob
11-28-2007, 01:19 PM
if they are real, they all can't have three days.
with 49 pledgers at 3 days apiece, there is not enough room to accommodate them, have a raffle for a few lesser pedgers, and have media/GOP chairmen/campaign staff/the big man himself on

Um...yes there is...3 flying days = 18 flying hours. 49 * 18 = 882, and in total, there are 12 seats with 160 flying hours so 1,920 hours. 1,920 - 882 = 1,038 > 0. :p

KCIndy
11-28-2007, 01:43 PM

Thanks for your confidence.

cien750hp
11-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Um...yes there is...3 flying days = 18 flying hours. 49 * 18 = 882, and in total, there are 12 seats with 160 flying hours so 1,920 hours. 1,920 - 882 = 1,038 > 0. :p

oh man i forgot to go off the 160 not 100! :o
with 100 it would be cutting pretty close. glad you caught my error there :)

Paulitical Correctness
11-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks for your confidence.

Just being realistic.

leipo
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Who is going to be collecting the money?

Midnight77
11-28-2007, 06:30 PM
My question is we have raised over $350,000. So where is the extra money going? More air time for the blimp? To the campaign??

Doriath
11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
I think the extra goes to more air time for the blimp. I've pledged but no one has come knocking on my credit card yet...

Primbs
11-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Who is going to be collecting the money?

They are deciding that right now. Hopefully we should know shortly.

Tarzan
11-28-2007, 11:40 PM
An update about blimp rides:

From the Official Blimp Management Site:

New Seating Priority for Media
Originally, we were going to make many seats on the blimp available to supporters. However, most of the people supporting this project said that they would much rather have the media get their seats.

The primary seating arrangment of the Ron Paul Blimp will be as follows:

NYPD/NYFD 911 Groups
Local Republican Party Official
Celebrities who endorse Ron Paul
Elected Officials
Cadidates
Local, National and Global media sources
TV
Radio
Print
A Make a Wish Foundation candidate and guardian
Dedicated videographer (for history)

LBT
11-28-2007, 11:43 PM
I believe they are planning to pay some salaries to a financial organizer, tech person, PR person.

That seems like a good idea to me. We need people full time to do these things, so to get talented people, we should at least not send them broke by sacrificing other work to help the campaign.

Tarzan
11-28-2007, 11:45 PM
What is we raise too much?

The blimp rental is $350,00 per month. Any additional funds will go toward additional rental time and the other expenses necessary to keep this effort working. There is a very small management team to handle the operations and funds.

All additional funds will go toward keeping the blimp airborne and expanding the effort.

Tarzan
11-28-2007, 11:58 PM
I believe they are planning to pay some salaries to a financial organizer, tech person, PR person.

That seems like a good idea to me. We need people full time to do these things, so to get talented people, we should at least not send them broke by sacrificing other work to help the campaign.

Exactly... this is going to be run as a professional operation with a limited, dedicated staff. Some positions have already been filled but an experienced Treasurer is still needed.

The Help Wanted Thread
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41329

Specific Plea for a Treasurer
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=42246