PDA

View Full Version : Paul ahead of Romney in Iowa State Republicans survey

Liberty Star
11-28-2007, 09:56 AM
This is good news.

November 27, 2007

The most popular candidates among that collegiate crowd? Barack Obama is the first choice for Democrats at the university, followed by John Edwards.

Although Ron Paul may be lagging in national support, he is a favorite of Iowa State Republicans, garnering top marks from 27 percent of those surveyed. Mitt Romney, however, trails him closely at 24 percent.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/election/1087/iowa-state-students-feel-the-love-for-barack-obama-and-ron-paul

Badger Paul
11-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Bump. I guess my emailing ISU students has paid off.

Now we just need to get them to the polls.

Cindy
11-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Great work and thanks for posting about that. VERY encouraging!!!

colecrowe
11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Iowa_State_Students_Feel_the_Love_for_Barack_Obama _and_Ron_Paul

Liberty Star
11-28-2007, 01:54 PM

Cool, great job.

Hopefully NH schools are catching the freedom bug too and mobilizing the troops.

Liberty Star
11-29-2007, 09:14 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Iowa_State_Students_Feel_the_Love_for_Barack_Obama _and_Ron_Paul

I didn't have digg acount, will sign up for this :)

Liberty Star
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Hopefully, RP is doing well in NH schools too, message of Freedom should be a good sell there. Among others, college students can be a great pool of driven volunteers.

Ron Paul's Army Revs Up In New Hampshire

Washington Post: Libertarian Republican And His Fervent Fans Could Have Impact On GOP Primary

CONCORD, N.H., Dec. 6, 2007

With so much money in the bank -- and with more expected after another one-day fundraising "bomb" pegged to the Dec. 16 anniversary of the Boston Tea Party -- the Paul campaign is in a position to make a push in a state whose "Live Free or Die" ethos makes it an ideal early target for the iconoclastic congressman. And Paul could have an impact on both parties' Jan. 8 primaries: He is drawing close to double digits in some Republican polls here, and it is not hard to find independent voters -- who under state rules can vote in either party's primary -- who confess to fondness for both Paul and Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/06/politics/washingtonpost/main3585224.shtml

hawkeyenick
12-07-2007, 12:12 PM

ISU has always been at the forefront of the libertarian movement. We here at UofI have yet to catch that fire and get as organized. We're working on it though!

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Good. All those students must get their parents, uncles/aunts and other older friends involved in the campaign too. There is no reason they shouldn't/couldn't.

Daswiz
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
ISU has always been at the forefront of the libertarian movement. We here at UofI have yet to catch that fire and get as organized. We're working on it though!

Keep working hard!!! Get the students in Iowa City fired up. The young vote, if they show up at the polls, will be a big impact on Ron's success. He has a HUGE following by college kids just gotta make sure they come out and vote. Good luck in Iowa!

RPinSEAZ
12-07-2007, 12:19 PM
It looks like our emailing ISU students paid off. My email account got shut down by my ISP because they thought I was spamming.

RonPaulFTFW
12-07-2007, 12:23 PM
we're going to win.

Voluntaryist
12-07-2007, 12:24 PM
we're going to win.

Epic win is epic :)

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
we're going to win.
But they MUST turn out. And tell their parents to show up too.

Liberty Star
12-07-2007, 12:49 PM
It looks like our emailing ISU students paid off. My email account got shut down by my ISP because they thought I was spamming.

Keep up the great work !!

jacmicwag
12-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes! Special thanks to resiusj, badger paul, rpinseaz, and about 40 other people who have been sending e-mails to ISU students. Don't look now but UNI is currently under a similar e-Ron blitz with U of I not far behind. As always, drop us a line if you want to help.

jacmicwag@hotmail.com

hawkeyenick
12-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Keep working hard!!! Get the students in Iowa City fired up. The young vote, if they show up at the polls, will be a big impact on Ron's success. He has a HUGE following by college kids just gotta make sure they come out and vote. Good luck in Iowa!

I actually have talked some friends to make sure they caucus, we have to drive 500 miles back across the state for it. They won't be voting for Paul (likely kucinich or gravel, or even Obama), but hey, they are my ride and a caucus vote is worth at least 10,000 general election votes.

DealzOnWheelz
12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
why not Paul???

Have you not convinced them he is the best candidate

Use the objection cycle
step 1 I completely understand why you would vote for Obama he's got some great stances on x,y,z

step 2 Ron Paul also follows some of those policies but in addition to that he has a perfect voting record so you don't have to ask the question "he says this now but is that what he will do when in office?"

step 3 So would you like me to put a bumper sticker on your car??

sgrooms
12-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes! Special thanks to resiusj, badger paul, rpinseaz, and about 40 other people who have been sending e-mails to ISU students. Don't look now but UNI is currently under a similar e-Ron blitz with U of I not far behind. As always, drop us a line if you want to help.

jacmicwag@hotmail.com

where are you getting the email addresses?

risiusj
12-07-2007, 01:49 PM
where are you getting the email addresses?

From the university sites. They all have some sort of white pages application page.

sgrooms
12-07-2007, 01:50 PM
From the university sites. They all have some sort of white pages application page.

nice, i'm going to start looking up some smaller school in iowa and nh...

hawkeyenick
12-07-2007, 01:52 PM
why not Paul???

Have you not convinced them he is the best candidate

Use the objection cycle
step 1 I completely understand why you would vote for Obama he's got some great stances on x,y,z

step 2 Ron Paul also follows some of those policies but in addition to that he has a perfect voting record so you don't have to ask the question "he says this now but is that what he will do when in office?"

step 3 So would you like me to put a bumper sticker on your car??

It's not going to happen, I made a compromise here. We all get to caucus, or none of us get to caucus...end of story. They are big anti-capitalism people, I doubt I can convince them by then.

Liberty Star
12-07-2007, 04:46 PM

Interesting.

lastnymleft
12-07-2007, 09:55 PM

jacmicwag@hotmail.com

Wow! I had never even heard any talk of this going on. What a great initiative! You guys (and gals, as may be the case) absolutely ROCK!! :D

Liberty Star
12-12-2007, 12:20 AM

jacmicwag@hotmail.com

Awsome !