PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul go on Glen Beck ASAP?

terlinguatx
11-28-2007, 09:54 AM

ty1er
11-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I think Beck's listeners might be a very receptive crowd

KewlRonduderules
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Are we forgetting something - he called the Ron Paul Revolution a bunch of terrorists.

I am not about to forgive him for that.

I voted no!

OV 101 Enterprise
11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Beck's listeners are hungry for Dr. Paul's message, some of them just don't know it yet. Beck agrees with Dr. Paul on 90% of the issues. Going on his show would give him the opportunity to reach out to those who believe in liberty, but have never been given the opportunity to support a man who actually believes in it himself.

winston_blade
11-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Are we forgetting something - he called the Ron Paul Revolution a bunch of terrorists.

I am not about to forgive him for that.

I voted no!

You also don't want RP to be president either, do you?

KewlRonduderules
11-28-2007, 10:04 AM
You also don't want RP to be president either, do you?

Not sure what you comment was suggesting but the tone is definitely inappropriate.

I definitely want Dr. Paul as president. Otherwise, I would not be as active as I have been in the grassroots.

sirachman
11-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Definately, Ron Paul talks his way out of the bunny ranch thing like its a compliment from a supporter so i say he can handle Glen Beck easily....

ty1er
11-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Maybe Ron's just saving that promised hour for just the right time? Just like how the campaign saved their money until the time was right...

JordanL
11-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Not sure what you comment was suggesting but the tone is definitely inappropriate.

I definitely want Dr. Paul as president. Otherwise, I would not be as active as I have been in the grassroots.

I think his point was that it's hard enough holding the man running for office to Ron Paul's standard... we're definitely gonna be out of luck if we hold his supporters to the same standards.

jumpyg1258
11-28-2007, 10:07 AM
F*ck Glenn Beck and the MSM.

robert4rp08
11-28-2007, 10:09 AM
of course. any tv time is good time. plus i get the feeling that beck would engage in conversation with paul and not scream over him.

Mark Rushmore
11-28-2007, 10:10 AM
If anyone thinks Dr. Paul can't hold his own against a guy like Glen Beck when given an hourlong format, they probably shouldn't vote for him. I'd only be worried if it was a 60 second spot or something similar where his message can be drowned out and the accusations thrown at him turn into the last word. He should go on ASAP.

LFOD
11-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Glenn Bleecccch. :D Sorry, don't like the guy. Just another blowhard with opinions - and you know what they say about opinions.

Madison
11-28-2007, 12:59 PM
All publicity is good publicity. Ron Paul needs name recognition right now more than anything. Bite the bullet and go on the show. Even if Beck is a complete ass it will just backfire. Look what happens to Fox News whenever they try to screw him over in debates.

coffeewithchess
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
The campaign should be all over this...its to bad Ron Paul even has an official campaign staff...the grassroots would of had this done, yesterday.

Paulitician
11-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I voted "I don't know" since it was the closest thing to "I don't care."

Menthol Patch
11-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Glen Beck is an insane pathological maniac who thinks he is God.

There is NO reason Ron Paul should be on his show!

Smiley Gladhands
11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
F*ck Glenn Beck and the MSM.

If all potential RP voters shared that view, then going on the show would not be a good idea. But we're trying to court people who DO trust or watch/listen to Glenn Beck, as well as all sorts of other groups.

So I say yes, go on Glenn Beck right now and gain attention, name-recognition, supporters and cash. We can like THOSE things without liking Beck, right?

walt
11-28-2007, 01:09 PM
is ban the term glenn beck from this board a choice?

hazek
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
There is no such thing as bad publicity! He should go IMO.

pacelli
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
YES. I agree that if Ron Paul were given an adequate time slot for an interview, he would handle it beautifully -- particularly the issue regarding Beck's plea for his supporters to be labeled as terrorists and apprehended by the military.

I don't personally think it would do harm to our campaign.

honkywill
11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
He should, and Beck didn't call him a terrorist.

This is what he said:

"America, here's what you need to know tonight. Ron Paul supporters are tapping into something thats very real... the rising tide of disenfranchisement in this country and it's coming from all sides of the political spectrum. if that feeling of disenfranchisement leads to political discussion then our system works perfectly, but if fringe elements take that disenfranchisement and turn it into violence then we endanger the freedoms we are supposedly all fighting for."

Magsec
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
If RP does fine in the debate tonight then he should definitely check out GB's show within the next week or so. Any later and it won't have much of an impact.

Edward
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Aren't we fickle? Related poll: Will You Watch Glen Beck Again? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36023&highlight=beck+poll)

Visual
11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Only if it's the hour. Full hour. Nothing less. Has to be before the beginning of the primaries.

granny miller
11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes :)
I think Congressman Ron Paul could easily show Mr. Beck the error of his NeoCon ways.

Zym
11-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Absolutely. I used to listen to Beck faithfully, I doubt I ever will again after the "terrorist" comment, but the simple fact is he has a huge national audience that are the exact type of people we need to reach. Don't let the petty childish actions of a talk show host deter you from the our main goal: To get Dr. Paul's message out to the people. An hour spot, and Dr. Paul's Google searches go through the roof.

Exposure = voters

ClayTrainor
11-28-2007, 01:48 PM
If Beck gives Ron the full hour, as promised then i foresee 2 possible outcomes.

1. Beck realizes how he is wrong about teh iraq war, and converts to a ron paul supporter, or at least begins to understand the logic of dr. paul.

2. Beck resists, and tries to insult paul by cutting off his questions early and whatnot, in which paul will retaliate, and make beck look like a fool

janeuner
11-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't think Ron even needs the full hour. I suspect a half hour would be sufficient. After last night's interview with Buchanon, Paul has a chance to actually move Beck's opinion...but they have to act this week.

jrich4rpaul
11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
I emailed the campaign about this. They are aware of Beck's request but they have scheduling issues right now. They most likely can't even make it to a rally in Boston on the 16th either, they said.

Micahyah
11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Ron needs AS MUCH FACE TIME WHERE HE CAN ARTICULATE HIS MESSAGE as he can get.

He should get on there and any other show, ASAP, I don't care how they have treated him or us, his supporters, in the past. More face time! Ron speaks, the message works beautifully, and his numbers will go up.

V-rod
11-28-2007, 04:51 PM
The more reason for Ron Paul to go on Beck and set that jerk straight.

Patriot
11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
No, nobody cares about Beck. And he is leaving Ron Paul off of his poll again.

http://www.glennbeck.com/home/index.shtml

CelestialRender
11-29-2007, 10:47 AM
He needs to go on Glenn Beck...Beck's treatment of him seems similar to Bill Maher, before RP went on his show.

traviskicks
11-29-2007, 11:21 AM
I think so

i can't beleive he hasn' t yet! Glen Beck agrees with Paul on nearly everything, I hope personality conflicts with Ron Paul supporters don't spoil things...

terlinguatx
11-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Edward
11-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Aren't we fickle? Related poll: Will You Watch Glen Beck Again? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=400837#post400837)

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I think so

Hey terlinguatx, I was out in Terlingua last week when paddling the Rio Grande and didn't see any Ron Paul signs in your town, what's up with that? :cool:

hells_unicorn
11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Even though I'm still pissed at Glenn Beck for that terrorist nonsense on CNN, we need to win over some of the Neo-Cons in order to prevail, go on there and take it to him.

bgoldwater
11-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Absolutely. An hour is plenty of time to explain liberty

paulitics
11-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Absolutely. An hour is plenty of time to explain liberty

I agree.

rasheedwallace
11-29-2007, 11:38 PM
absolutely. its dumb not to. a full hour, i mean, come on.

freedominnumbers
11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
It comes down to one thing.
If some guy snubbed you wouldn't you likely be a bit unfair in your future representation and treatment of him? Maybe make some negative comments and harbor resentment?

Ron Paul could get some major miles by spending 2 hours talking to a targeted demographic and showing GB that there was no dark intent in standing him up.

j.b.
11-30-2007, 06:16 AM
I can only wonder if my letter and others like it sent to CNN has helped give Ron Paul this opportunity.

It detailed how my family has served our country going back to the Revolutionary War and mentioned my father being awarded the Navy Commendation medal.

I mentioned that I am a moderate who voted for Ronald Regan and Bill Clinton twice.

It ended with...
Ron Paul's supports are not a group of terrorists, rather they are middle of the road Americans whose families have believed in the freedoms and ideals that has made America great.

I am an American who supports Ron Paul. I am not a terrorist, my only current affiliation is that I just joined AARP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel that Ron Paul would be helped by an hour on prime time CNN and pick up some supporters who have not heard his message, and that Glenn Beck would come across as typical “Glenn Beck”.

RonPaulCult
11-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Two hours of nationwide air time on a show that many republicans listen to - no brainer - YES

Madison
11-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Wow, if Ron Paul doesn't take up this offer I will give up on the campaign because they are obviously completely lost...

GoneResistance
11-30-2007, 07:28 AM
I say Ron Paul should go on Glenn Beck's show. We all know Ron would pick up some followers on the appearance. I don't know how many he would gain, but a whole hour of Ron Paul?? How much is an hour on CNN Headline News worth in dollars?

Edward
12-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Let's see how minds have changed around here...

RevolutionSD
12-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Of course he should go on.
I don't care if Glen Beck is the devil himself, he's on CNN and like it or not he DOES get ratings.

tnvoter
12-13-2007, 10:08 AM
He's going on AFTER the tea party. Duh ;)

shepburn
12-13-2007, 10:45 AM
This is great ... I'm very excited about RP being on for an hour. This will be like a free infomercial.