PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck talking up RP

JAHOGS
11-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Glen is wanting to have him on for an hour on radio and on television.

http://www.wgiram.com/main.html

JAHOGS
11-28-2007, 09:41 AM
He said he is tired of us asking to have him on, when it seems to GB that RP doesn't want to come on.

JAHOGS
11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Let's do this GB show like we did the Adam Curry show. It was all grass roots to get him on that show and it worked. Let's do the same thing to get RP on GB.

Benaiah
11-28-2007, 09:43 AM
You have to pester Ron Paul to go, instead of pestering Beck to have him on. He's already invited him.

sparebulb
11-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I am very content with RP making up his own mind if he wants to go on Beck's show. I certainly don't blame him if he chooses not to. Beck has proven himself to be unpredictably irrational.

TVMH
11-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Beck's biggest deal with RP is the war, right?

In my opinion, john_anderson_ii's "Most Responsible" article might enlighten Mr. Beck.

If it does not enlighten Mr. Beck, then he is either a disingenuous shill or he is not very bright.

Adamsa
11-28-2007, 09:55 AM
I think by now it'd be a pretty fair interview.

Arklatex
11-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Let him keep wishing.

IHaveaDream
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
We can't have it both ways, people. We can't complain about the pundits who refuse to give Ron Paul a fair hearing, and then decline the opportunity when it does comes along. Beck took a cheap shot at RP by implying that his candidacy was encouraging domestic terrorism. He has since taken a lot of heat for that mistake and now is willing to offer RP an opportunity to respond. We should accept it.

winston_blade
11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
This would be a huge platform for us. Many people who listen to Beck agree with him and Beck agrees with RP on most issues. RP needs to go on there instead of going on The Situation Room or Alex Jones's Show. It's nice he was on there, but no need to go on there 10 times.

davidhperry
11-28-2007, 10:04 AM
We can't have it both ways, people. We can't complain about the pundits who refuse to give Ron Paul a fair hearing, and then decline the opportunity when it does comes along. Beck took a cheap shot at RP by implying that his candidacy was encouraging domestic terrorism. He has since taken a lot of heat for that mistake and now is willing to offer RP an opportunity to respond. We should accept it.

Exactly, you don't win elections by being exclusive and shutting people out - even if they disagree or have harmed you. Remember, we need around 60M people in order to win. That means we have to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.

sparebulb
11-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm going to trust that RP knows what he is doing. Guys like Bleckt and O'fascist would rather rattle RP provoking a controversial response or mistake than have a fair discussion of the issues. There is an 80% likelyhood that either one will take a really cheap shot at him after the interview is over. I don't see much upside with dealing with media lackeys that are tools of the Globalist Head.

Geronimo
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
This morning, Beck made it very clear that he wanted him on the TV show for an hour and on the radio for an hour. He also had Stu video tape him while he was saying that, so that he could send his invitation out in his newsletter. Ron would be foolish not to take him up on his offer. Huck didn't become flavor of the week until he went on Beck's show, and right now Ron needs to get an upper hand on Huck.

AlexMerced
11-28-2007, 06:27 PM
How about we Offer up Trevor, Taco John, or LLepard to be on the show?

Lord Xar
11-28-2007, 06:27 PM
... and the campaign will keep ignoring him... great strategy.

johnrocks
11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Even though there is a lot of GB that I don't agree with, I think he is normally civil to his guests when they come on his show.

nbhadja
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
... and the campaign will keep ignoring him... great strategy.

How dare you talk that way about the perfect know it all campaign. Don't you know, every decision they make is correct!

AlexMerced
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
again, we should have grassroots members on the show, after watching Taco John the other night, I think it works pretty well

fletcher
11-28-2007, 06:32 PM

Hell no. And Beck wouldn't do it anyway. They can already call in if they like.

torchbearer
11-28-2007, 06:32 PM

I think thats a very impressive slate... Are you willing to make this offer to Glenn Beck?.. i mean, really, he is on the B- circuit here... He gets to have our expert panel. President Paul doesn't have time to mess around with demagogues.

torchbearer
11-28-2007, 06:33 PM
again, we should have grassroots members on the show, after watching Taco John the other night, I think it works pretty well

+1 QFT.

AlexMerced
11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Ok, if he's B-Circuit, then I'll do the show, lol

Although I'm not gonna solicit myself, but if anyone wants to contact the show and tell there major and minor (I'm minor :() supporters willing ot be on the show, I'm sure he'd be willing to gofor it

the american public is curious, who are Ron Paul supporters?

winston_blade
11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I think thats a very impressive slate... Are you willing to make this offer to Glenn Beck?.. i mean, really, he is on the B- circuit here... He gets to have our expert panel. President Paul doesn't have time to mess around with demagogues.

He's much more influential than Blitzer or most other show hosts.

stewie3128
11-28-2007, 06:35 PM
He said he is tired of us asking to have him on, when it seems to GB that RP doesn't want to come on.

I emailed the campaign about the offer a few days ago, and they replied with the same "scheduling conflict" excuse as always.

They should make time for this.

AlexMerced
11-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Ron Paul mentioned a fter the O' Reilly appearance something to that effect.

craezie
11-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I really hope that Dr. Paul does this show. It is not in Glen's best interest to be a jerk to his guests, and he usually isn't. This would be a great forum to get RP from the fringe, and he is smart and witty enough to handle anything that comes his way. Right or wrong, it will make more people think of him as a "real" candidate.

Dr. Paul is frugal, and I'm sure he will not turn down this chance for huge, free publicity.

stewie3128
11-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Having grassroots people on is really dangerous. Most people in general aren't very good on camera, certainly not "convincing." RP supporters in general have a history of making fools of themselves in the media... and Paul's are nuanced and complex positions as it is. We should leave it to the man himself to speak for himself.

AlexMerced
11-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm a lot better on camera than on board, I don't have to worry about spelling on tv, lol

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/23/1010065/ROnPaulBrochure.pdf

this is the brochure I made

mconder
11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Glen has a serious case of multiple personality disorder...as does Tucker.

AlexMerced
11-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I think they just get upset that they are so late in the game, that now to be honest about their Ron Paul support will make them look trend hoppers, even though I feel they've supported all along.

Energy
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Beck's biggest deal with RP is the war, right?

In my opinion, john_anderson_ii's "Most Responsible" article might enlighten Mr. Beck.

If it does not enlighten Mr. Beck, then he is either a disingenuous shill or he is not very bright.

Here's John's "Most Responsible" post:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28282