PDA

View Full Version : Iran's new president wishes Jews a "blessed Rosh Hashanah"

orenbus
09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57601484/irans-new-president-wishes-jews-a-blessed-rosh-hashanah/

During his stormy eight-year tenure, Iran's former president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sparked international outrage for numerous inflammatory comments. Among them: calling for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and suggesting the Holocaust was a myth.

His newly inaugurated successor apparently has a different view. On Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, Hasan Rouhani took to Twitter to send the following message:

As the sun is about to set here in #Tehran I wish all Jews, especially Iranian Jews, a blessed Rosh Hashanah. pic.twitter.com/tmaf84x7UR
— Hassan Rouhani (@HassanRouhani) September 4, 2013

The tweet did not go unnoticed by Christine Pelosi (the daughter of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi), who replied on Twitter: "Thanks. The New Year would be even sweeter if you would end Iran's Holocaust denial, sir."

That tweet sparked a reply from Iran's foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif:

@sfpelosi Iran never denied it. The man who was perceived to be denying it is now gone. Happy New Year.
— Javad Zarif (@JZarif) September 5, 2013

Pelosi took the exchange to heart, tweeting: "It certainly seemed from his tweet that a new day has dawned in Iran. #hope?"

The twitter diplomacy comes on the same day that Iran's new president approved a major policy change. Rouhani confirmed Thursday that Zarif will be Iran's top nuclear negotiator with world powers. Previously, Iran's Supreme National Security Council was in charge of nuclear talks with the U.S. and other nations.

GunnyFreedom
09-05-2013, 12:41 PM
I had just posted about Yom Teruah on fedbook, told everyone to go outside right before/after sunset and listen for the trumpet. I need to find an exact-time calculator for when the moon breaks into the first crescent, probably on the other side of the world...

roho76
09-05-2013, 01:03 PM
So diplomacy with Iran is being handled via Twitter by Nancy Polosi's daughter??? Man, I feel better already.

pcosmar
09-05-2013, 01:09 PM
So diplomacy with Iran is being handled via Twitter by Nancy Polosi's daughter??? Man, I feel better already.

LOL :eek: :(

orenbus
09-05-2013, 01:22 PM

Seriously, what is going on in Washington? The whole thing with Obama calling off the summit with the Russians, at a time where we should be talking more with them so they can help to resolve the Syria issue, is ridiculous.

HOLLYWOOD
09-05-2013, 01:30 PM
What next from Washington DC and Fascist Propaganda media? Announcement of going to WAR with IRAN because they tried to kill U.S. with kindness?

DC Spin Doctors will twist everything

jbauer
09-05-2013, 01:50 PM

Heck is that any different than being handled by Obama or Congress?

ObiRandKenobi
09-05-2013, 01:52 PM
those are racist code words. nuke them. signed john bolton.

roho76
09-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Heck is that any different than being handled by Obama or Congress?

No. What's your point? :)

JK/SEA
09-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Wait...this came from Irans new President?....i smell a rat. Launch all missiles.

Snew
09-05-2013, 02:50 PM
but the media told me there weren't any Jews in Iran and that the evil eye-rain-eeans wanted to kill them all!1!

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Wait...this came from Irans new President?....i smell a rat. Launch all missiles.

Proper Jew protocol.

ClydeCoulter
09-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Proper Zionist protocol.

FIFY

ClydeCoulter
09-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Funny how with all the nukes in the whole world, what could only make the world fall apart is if someone were to question some of the reasoning behind the creation of Israel.

libertygrl
09-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Seriously, what is going on in Washington? The whole thing with Obama calling off the summit with the Russians, at a time where we should be talking more with them so they can help to resolve the Syria issue, is ridiculous.

We never bother with diplomacy anymore. You can tell when there's a specific agenda in place. They don't want to stray from their playbook. :mad:

COpatriot
09-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Well I don't know about you guys, but Sean Hannity just said that Iran is less than a year away from having nukes and that we should bomb them instead of Syria. So let's bomb this guy! WOO! 'Merica!!

libertygrl
09-05-2013, 03:27 PM
What next from Washington DC and Fascist Propaganda media? Announcement of going to WAR with IRAN because they tried to kill U.S. with kindness?

LOL. That's a good one. I see a Saturday Night Live parody sketch (if they weren't so pro-obama)

Occam's Banana
09-05-2013, 10:10 PM
On Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, Hasan Rouhani took to Twitter to send the following message:

As the sun is about to set here in #Tehran I wish all Jews, especially Iranian Jews, a blessed Rosh Hashanah. pic.twitter.com/tmaf84x7UR
— Hassan Rouhani (@HassanRouhani) September 4, 2013

The tweet did not go unnoticed by Christine Pelosi (the daughter of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi), who replied on Twitter: "Thanks. The New Year would be even sweeter if you would end Iran's Holocaust denial, sir."

Great. So we not only have an interventionist foreign policy, but we also have an interventionist twitter policy.

Just butt the hell out, Pelosi (both of you) ...

Philhelm
09-05-2013, 11:53 PM
What a bunch of children. Not the Iranian.

oyarde
09-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Maybe Rodman can swing by Persia when he is done, show a little different american flavor than a pelosi ....