PDA

View Full Version : It is not a war as long as we use the Navy and airforce.

klamath
09-05-2013, 06:43 AM
I am getting so sick of seeing this logic from Obama bots and others. If there are no "Boots on the ground" it is not a war. It has roots even around here, in that people say the constitution authorizes the Navy and somehow the Air force yet God forbid we have boots on the ground in the form of the Army. It is this same logic that is giving the prowar crowd, mostly on the left, the argument to randomly bomb counties and scream it is not a war as the president can launch it without congress as the constitution gives the president more latitude with the standing Navy and AF.

V3n
09-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Ditto! I heard Kerry say something about "not one soldier" - Then who's on the boats? Who's flying the planes? Who's launching the missiles and dropping the bombs??

Even if it were drones - you're using Government assets to damage/destroy/kill in a foreign land - that's WAR!

cajuncocoa
09-05-2013, 07:10 AM
So....Kerry served in the Navy. Does he not believe he fought in the Vietnam War? Supposedly he received a Purple Heart for being wounded during combat. I guess he got that wound playing shuffleboard on the boat, huh?

Scrapmo
09-05-2013, 07:18 AM
So Japan attacking Pearl Harbor was not an act of War according to Obama, Kerry et al.
Good to know.

tangent4ronpaul
09-05-2013, 07:28 AM
By that logic, if Al Quada gets an air force and a navy, and uses them to attack us, it's not terrorism.

-t

tod evans
09-05-2013, 07:29 AM
By that logic, if Al Quada gets an air force and a navy, and uses them to attack us, it's not terrorism.

-t

Go stand in your yard comrade....

hillertexas
09-05-2013, 07:50 AM
So Japan attacking Pearl Harbor was not an act of War according to Obama, Kerry et al.
Good to know.

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a458/hillertexas/1240351_175248092658540_950828440_n_zps6e80da13.jp g

kathy88
09-05-2013, 09:15 AM
So....Kerry served in the Navy. Does he not believe he fought in the Vietnam War? Supposedly he received a Purple Heart for being wounded during combat. I guess he got that wound playing shuffleboard on the boat, huh?

Fapping induced carpal tunnel.

robert68
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Jefferson's war on the Barbary Pirates without a declaration of war, all the way to "the shores of Tripoli", is sometimes the basis for the claim.

This is what the late Christopher Hitchens, who turned neocon after 9/11, wrote about it: "Jefferson Versus the Muslim Pirates".
(http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_2_urbanities-thomas_jefferson.html)

klamath
09-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Jefferson's war on the Barbary Pirates without a declaration of war, all the way to "the shores of Tripoli", is sometimes the basis for the claim.

This is what the late Christopher Hitchens, who turned neocon after 9/11, wrote about it: "Jefferson Versus the Muslim Pirates".
(http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_2_urbanities-thomas_jefferson.html)True. If we cannot control the civilians leaders it doesn't matter what branch of the military is around they will find a way to use it destructively. The horror happening right now is in congress and the whitehouse, not the pentagon as the pentagon is just the weapon laying there waiting for congress to load and Obama to pick it up and fire it.