PDA

View Full Version : "I apologize to officer Simone, all law enforcement and Ms.Adkins for threatening to kill them

aGameOfThrones
09-04-2013, 09:32 PM
If you are passing by the 2nd District Police Headquarters in Cleveland this week, you may spot a man with long gray hair, a mustache, and a beard, and who's wearing an unusual sign. "I apologize to officer Simone, his family, all law enforcement and Ms. Adkins for threatening to kill them. I was being an idiot and it will never happen again," read the sign that was handmade by none other than the woman who sentenced 58-year-old Richard Dameron to wear it, Judge Pinkey Carr.

In early February, Dameron was arrested for threatening to kill police officers in multiple calls to 911. According to dispatch recordings, in one instance he threatened a retired officer named Jim Simone and then said he would "kill two cops." In another, he said, "I want to kill three cops. Bye." He also said he would murder his son's girlfriend (identified on the sign as "Ms. Adkins").

Judge Carr initially sentenced Dameron to 90 days in prison followed by a walk of shame—a week holding the sign in front of the police station from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. starting on Memorial Day. When he didn't show up to pick up the sign, Carr sent her bailiff to find him. The judge told WYKC that Dameron said to the bailiff, "I did 90 days, I can do another 90 days, I'm not doing this sign."

At Dameron's second sentencing, courtroom footage showed the judge telling him, "I don't have children; I don't play. When I ask you to do something, it's an order; it's not optional." She then slapped him with another 90 days for violating his probation, saying, "I'm like Burger King, you can have it your way." Carr also made it clear that Dameron would be required to stand in front of the police station beginning on Sept. 2.

While Carr spoke, a subdued-looking Dameron gazed at her and nodded slightly. The tough-talking judge concluded, "The punishment fits the crime. He offended this community, he offended the police officers, and I think he needs to apologize. I think it's an appropriate sentence."

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/judge-orders-man-carry-humiliating-sign-8216-8217-173300240.html

Hey judge, what about when a cop actually goes through with killing a mundane?

Christian Liberty
09-04-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm not justifying threats against cops, but they do threaten us all the time. And I'd have a hard time convicting anyone of ACTUALLY killing a cop, considering the fact that its almost impossible to know that the cop wasn't actually the aggressor in the situation at hand. I think I'd pretty much have to use jury nullification on basically any of those cases at this point. Again, I'm not advocating that kind of strategy, I morally condone it, but I also stand on the NAP. And I don't think there are any cops that aren't aggressors.

Also, forcing someone to apologize is a violation of the 1st amendment, IMO.

aGameOfThrones
09-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm not justifying threats against cops, but they do threaten us all the time. And I'd have a hard time convicting anyone of ACTUALLY killing a cop, considering the fact that its almost impossible to know that the cop wasn't actually the aggressor in the situation at hand. I think I'd pretty much have to use jury nullification on basically any of those cases at this point. Again, I'm not advocating that kind of strategy, I morally condone it, but I also stand on the NAP. And I don't think there are any cops that aren't aggressors.

Don't worry, she spoke for him...

read the sign that was handmade by none other than the woman who sentenced 58-year-old Richard Dameron to wear it, Judge Pinkey Carr.

Christian Liberty
09-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Don't worry, she spoked for him...

And she's forcing him to agree with the message. Which is a violation of his first amendment rights. Yet another judge that deserves execution for treason for violation of the US Constitution.

Scrapmo
09-05-2013, 12:34 AM
I saw this earlier today. Disgust does not even begin to describe how I feel about this black robbed stately preistess.

Is it not standard procedure for an officer to threaten death upon all who would attempt to make movement whilst in the officers glorious presence?

"freeze or I will blow your fucking head off"
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37713345.jpg

asurfaholic
09-05-2013, 03:26 AM
And she's forcing him to agree with the message. Which is a violation of his first amendment rights. Yet another judge that deserves execution for treason for violation of the US Constitution.

Every violation of the constitution is not treason, worthy of execution... Come on man..

LibertyEagle
09-05-2013, 04:06 AM

What the hell?

So, you just group all of them together and serve as judge, jury and executioner, eh? That makes you little better than those cops who are bad.

It is disgusting what you said and most certainly is NOT a liberty position.

Christian Liberty
09-05-2013, 09:33 AM
What the hell?

So, you just group all of them together and serve as judge, jury and executioner, eh? That makes you little better than those cops who are bad.

It is disgusting what you said and most certainly is NOT a liberty position.

I didn't say what you think I said.

I completely agree that killing, or threatening to kill anyone, other than in self-defense or as punishment for a severe crime, is immoral.

What I'm saying is I'd have a hard time voting to convict in such a case because it would be hard to tell whether the killing was in self-defense (Despite the biased evidence that will of course be presented), not because I think unprovoked violence against cops is acceptable.

Every violation of the constitution is not treason, worthy of execution... Come on man..

I've said it before, using THE POWER OF THE STATE to violate someone's rights should be an automatic death penalty offense. I've already explained why. They have a monopoly on the use of force. Which, of course, paradoxically, they use to protect themselves from any accountability at all. So my statement is ultimately more an extreme moral condemnation than anything else. If God decided to end her life I wouldn't cry for her.

Christian Liberty
09-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I saw this earlier today. Disgust does not even begin to describe how I feel about this black robbed stately preistess.

Was my condemnation of her extreme enough?:p

Is it not standard procedure for an officer to threaten death upon all who would attempt to make movement whilst in the officers glorious presence?

"freeze or I will blow your fucking head off"
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37713345.jpg

I've never been in that situation, thankfully, but it wouldn't surprise me.