PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Walter Jones to vote "no" on Syria attack

Brian4Liberty
09-04-2013, 03:26 PM
JONES OPPOSES OBAMA ON SYRIA
Sep 4, 2013 Issues: Budget Spending and Taxes, Armed Services, Overseas Conflict

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Walter B. Jones (NC-3) issued the following statement regarding next week’s expected vote on a resolution that would authorize U.S. military intervention in Syria.

“I will vote against any proposal to authorize U.S. military intervention in Syria,” said Congressman Jones. “The reality of America’s dismal fiscal situation is that any money spent to bomb Syria will be borrowed from overseas or will be taken from the Defense Department’s already-shrinking budget – resulting in even fewer resources for Eastern North Carolina military installations. Neither of these options is acceptable.”

“Furthermore, there are serious questions about the credibility of the Obama administration’s claims regarding the use of sarin gas in Syria. The president has failed to explain how our national security depends on engaging in yet another Middle Eastern civil war on the side of radical Islamist rebels who have been documented as possessing sarin gas and beheading Christians, among other atrocities.”

http://jones.house.gov/press-release/jones-opposes-obama-syria

pacelli
09-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Everybody here in his district in NC already knew this.. nice to see public confirmation. Jones does a good job keeping us informed.

HOLLYWOOD
09-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Every single politician needs to be acknowledged for their bravery taking on special interest and the big bucks of the elitists.

twomp
09-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Every single politician needs to be acknowledged for their bravery taking on special interest and the big bucks of the elitists.

Agreed and even if the bill doesn't pass, we still need to remember the ones who voted for us to go into war and have them removed from office.

09-04-2013, 04:32 PM
As expected. I'm surprised he went as far as questioning the source of the gas. Good for him, no proof of who used it has been offered.

pacelli
09-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Jones told me (when Ron was still in the house) that Ron was a personal friend and it went beyond just voting the same way on the majority of issues.

Jones isn't a perfect copy of Ron Paul but he is one to support nowadays.

GunnyFreedom
09-04-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm doing everything in my power to work for Jones. I may end up moving to the 3rd District if I do and he pays well enough. That being so, I would be looking for a legislative district that will be opening up in a few sessions and move there. East of I-95 is extremely friendly to our platform.

Bastiat's The Law
09-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Do it Gunny! Let us know how it goes.

Miss Annie
09-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Walter Jones has "things of steel". He is the only one who had the backbone and integrity to file articles of impeachment against Obama.

GunnyFreedom
09-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Do it Gunny! Let us know how it goes.

I have to get a job first. I just got the "we are filing foreclosure on your house in seven days" notice yesterday, I have $0.00 income, I'm not even getting responses from McDonalds for flipping burgers, I am ineligible for unemployment, and the only person in the whole world who has even acknowledged receipt of my resume has been Walter Jones and Rand Paul. Jones told me 3 weeks ago he was interested in me liaising with the NCGA and I haven't heard a word since. Rand's staff only ever said "we've received your resume" and that's it. Until that changes, the only place I might be moving to is under a bridge.