PDA

View Full Version : Cato fights nullification effort

Matt Collins
09-04-2013, 01:01 PM
http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postpolitics/2013/9/4/nullification_primer

WM_in_MO
09-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I thought the resolutions of 98 and 1800 were very PRO nullification IN CASES WHERE THE FEDS PASSED AND UPHELD UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS

Clearly the case where any right to keep and bear arms is being infringed.

Stato institute indeed.

Occam's Banana
09-04-2013, 06:00 PM
For any Tennessee lawmaker thinking of trying again on nullification [...], Levy’s closing words should change your mind: “I fully support those who see risks in the expansion of federal power, particularly when it comes to intrusions on basic rights like gun ownership. However, to defend those rights, we can’t begin by flouting the very document that inspires that fight in the first place: the Constitution.”

So ... demanding that the federal government stop flouting the Constitution - and refusing to comply/cooperate with the federal government when it flouts the Constitution - is "flouting" the Constitution?

:rolleyes: I hereby propose "Cato Institutionalized" as a synonym for "suffering from Stockholm Syndrome" ...

A Son of Liberty
09-04-2013, 06:02 PM
"Thumbs down", you say? I thought we were supposed to play nice with the establishment?

Geez, if we can't even agree with Cato, I wonder what ever we shall do?

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2013, 06:06 PM
"Thumbs down", you say? I thought we were supposed to play nice with the establishment?

Geez, if we can't even agree with Cato, I wonder what ever we shall do?
AAAAHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D :D LMAO!

green73
09-04-2013, 06:07 PM
But, but they are on our side, right?

Matt Collins
09-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Cato is right on most things, on this, they are dead wrong!

green73
09-04-2013, 06:11 PM

:rolleyes:

Occam's Banana
09-04-2013, 07:08 PM

It isn't just that they (meaning this Levy person, et al.) are wrong. If that was all, it would be no big deal.
If they just said, "Hey, guys, nullification isn't really our bag and we think you're wasting time on it," that would be one thing.

But they are actively and perniciously condemning things like nullification.
This isn't some watered-down kind of "gradualism" or any such.
This is "one step forward, two steps back" bullshit. To hell with them.