PDA

View Full Version : I need a photoshop - Boehner & Obama

mosquitobite
09-04-2013, 12:57 PM
I wish I had the ability, alas I do not.

I think we need a picture of Boehner twerking with Obama.

phill4paul
09-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Lol. Might be a viral idea. They may have to add it to Oxfords:

2a) politicians that "shake their asses" to others of like mind.

ClydeCoulter
09-04-2013, 01:01 PM
I wish I had the ability, alas I do not.

I think we need a picture of Boehner twerking with Obama.

Have you tried the free PaintDotNet?
http://www.getpaint.net/

That's what I use these days. You might start a thread in "Off Topic" to share your experiences with it and to get help.
It's a worthwhile thing to learn. Just learn about "layers" and the like. There are many plugin's (free) for it developed by the PaintdotNet community.

mosquitobite
09-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Have you tried the free PaintDotNet?
http://www.getpaint.net/

That's what I use these days. You might start a thread in "Off Topic" to share your experiences with it and to get help.
It's a worthwhile thing to learn. Just learn about "layers" and the like. There are many plugin's (free) for it developed by the PaintdotNet community.

It's a shame really. I'm not computer illiterate and have taught myself much harder programs, but I've had photoshop for 5 years and just do not understand nor have the patience for the details. :(

ClydeCoulter
09-04-2013, 07:58 PM
It's a shame really. I'm not computer illiterate and have taught myself much harder programs, but I've had photoshop for 5 years and just do not understand nor have the patience for the details. :(

I've been using graphics and 3d modeling programs for 20+ years and refuse to use Photoshop. I hate it, the user interface sucks.

If you understand layers (just try it in Paint Dot Net) then the rest is a matter of playing around with it.

Layers can be thought of like drawing on transparent plastic sheets that you can stack of top of each other. You work on a layer at a time for many operations. Think of putting one thing on one layer, now you can move it around, edit it separately, etc...