PDA

View Full Version : RPF Member - Alex Merced- Running for Public Advocate in NYC

AlexMerced
09-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Hey Everybody,

Been awhile since I've had time to post but though I'd update everybody that I'm officially going to be on the general election ballot in 2013 for NYC public advocate (1st in line of succession for mayor). Below is a video promoting my run for mayor which I would appreciate if everyone can share.

Many here are republicans, some are libertarians. Don't make the decision to share this video based on party, but share it cause as a fellow RPF member I have fought alongside many of you in the same battles and continue to do so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH4cO78dh3Y

Please share this video trying to get as much attention to my race nationally as I can, I should be able to break some LP records as it seems I have no republican opposition leaving me to get much of the center and right leaning vote which the left will be worn away on the democrat side by the green and working families candidates.

also like the campaigns facebook page at facebook.com/AlexMercedforNewYork

alucard13mm
09-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Best of luck.

MelissaWV
09-03-2013, 09:46 PM
I didn't watch the video, but the still has the word "mathmatics" on it. You might want to get that checked out.

HOLLYWOOD
09-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Ray Liotta is back!

best of luck

CaseyJones
09-03-2013, 09:54 PM
lul ya spelled mathematics wrong

kcchiefs6465
09-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Best of luck.

mad cow
09-03-2013, 10:08 PM
He never claimed to be part of the English Club.

Sola_Fide
09-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Should you show pictures of cocaine lines when talking about the freedom to put into your body what you want?

Brian4Liberty
09-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Should you show pictures of cocaine lines when talking about the freedom to put into your body what you want?

It's New York. Powder cocaine is supposed to be the drug of choice on Wall St...

AlexMerced
09-04-2013, 05:34 AM
It's New York. Powder cocaine is supposed to be the drug of choice on Wall St...

ROFL, I'll see what I could do about the typo

The coicaine thing popped up when I made a version for all the libertarian candidates, so the general one has two version one with beer and cigarettes and one with the picture above.

You can see the one promoting all 8 candidates at youtube.com/alexmerced

still appreciate any sharing of the video.

AlexMerced
09-04-2013, 05:54 AM
I fixed the video in the OP, it's still uploading so the embed should reflect the new vid in like 10 minutes

Tywysog Cymru
09-04-2013, 06:00 AM
If I lived in NYC I'd vote for you.

AlexMerced
09-04-2013, 06:20 AM
If I lived in NYC I'd vote for you.

Thanks, I might do surprisingly well, we'll see just trying to get the word out nationally as much as possible to set the stage for future runs as well.

muzzled dogg
09-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Why not run as a democrat?

politics
09-04-2013, 06:57 AM
best of luck!

AlexMerced
09-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Why not run as a democrat?

The dem primary would require lots of money and media, plus originally I wasn't planning on running, it was the LP that approached me to run. Once I found out that I got on the ballot and that there is NO R candidate, the prospects of my vote count resulting in some media attention definetly changed what's on the stake.

oyarde
09-04-2013, 07:35 AM
The dem primary would require lots of money and media, plus originally I wasn't planning on running, it was the LP that approached me to run. Once I found out that I got on the ballot and that there is NO R candidate, the prospects of my vote count resulting in some media attention definetly changed what's on the stake.

Good luck Alex. Now ,there is a reason there was no R on the ballot , endangered species in NY.

oyarde
09-04-2013, 07:36 AM
L's can never win promoting just drugs, the Dem's have the real drug of choice , welfare & handouts :)

oyarde
09-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Oh yeah Alex, just exactly what does a public advocate do ? Sounds distasteful .....lol

AlexMerced
09-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Oh yeah Alex, just exactly what does a public advocate do ? Sounds distasteful .....lol

They have no real power, they are a tie breaking vote if there is a tie in city council, and they get to make a few appointments

they are like the vice president of NYC, if something happens to the Mayor, they become mayor, other than that they are just supposed to complain about themayor for political points.

Part of my platform is eliminating the position, which if I won I'm sure the city council would have no problem doing.

oyarde
09-04-2013, 11:43 PM
They have no real power, they are a tie breaking vote if there is a tie in city council, and they get to make a few appointments

they are like the vice president of NYC, if something happens to the Mayor, they become mayor, other than that they are just supposed to complain about themayor for political points.

Part of my platform is eliminating the position, which if I won I'm sure the city council would have no problem doing.

LOL , Excellent !

AlexMerced
10-14-2013, 06:40 AM
just an update, I've been doing what I can to promote my candidacy in New York City. Unlikely I'll win, but I'm hoping for an impressive showing that may garner so media attention (libertarians generally get only a couple thousand votes in NYC, it's looking like I'll get much more).

To see some of the newest promotional images and such go to AlexMerced.com

I've taken up repealing the cabaret laws (licenses for you to have an establishment of "Social Dance" in new york city) as an issue that I think everyone can get behind (kinda like Ron Paul with Raw Milk).

AlexMerced
10-14-2013, 06:43 AM
The video I've been sharing that has convinced a handful of non-libertarians to seriously vote for me I had one person say after I talked to him (I'm still going to vote for DiBlasio and for Stringer, but for PA I'll vote for you"

Liberty Solutions sell

http://youtu.be/sa3J6brOxjk

AlexMerced
10-14-2013, 06:44 AM
The video I've been sharing that has convinced a handful of non-libertarians to seriously vote for me I had one person say after I talked to him (I'm still going to vote for DiBlasio and for Stringer, but for PA I'll vote for you"

Liberty Solutions sell

http://www.youtube.com/embed/sa3J6brOxjk?list=UU1fIP0-3nSbFnnepYU5V7Nw

AlexMerced
10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
The newest campaign image: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101512986100730&l=8066e7942a

oyarde
10-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Well , at this point I expect you to win.