PDA

View Full Version : Drudge slams GOP establishment

compromise
09-03-2013, 12:42 PM
https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/374921187513479168

Why would anyone vote Republican? Please give reason. Raised taxes; marching us off to war again; approved more NSA snooping. WHO ARE THEY?!

jct74
09-03-2013, 12:44 PM
nice! retweet it!

jct74
09-03-2013, 12:45 PM
another good one!

Cap
09-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Very encouraging.

jct74
09-03-2013, 12:47 PM
front paged

cajuncocoa
09-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Thing is, he didn't specify "GOP Establishment"...he tweeted "why would anyone vote Republican?" The second tweet seems to suggest voting Libertarian (he used capital "L")

Although some of us on here have been saying stuff like this for a very long time, that can't be good news for what others are working for. We get slammed because to do something other than "work within the GOP" makes us enemies of the Liberty Movement.

Why the cheers because Drudge seems to be saying what we've said all along?

jct74
09-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Thing is, he didn't specify "GOP Establishment"...he tweeted "why would anyone vote Republican?" The second tweet seems to suggest voting Libertarian (he used capital "L")

Although some of us on here have been saying stuff like this for a very long time, that can't be good news for what others are working for. We get slammed because to do something other than "work within the GOP" makes us enemies of the Liberty Movement.

He didn't say no one should ever vote for a Republican or run as a candidate in the Republican Party.

Cap
09-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Why the cheers because Drudge seems to be saying what we've said all along?Truth.

Bastiat's The Law
09-03-2013, 01:18 PM

The only reason the libertarian position is known and has a seat at the debate now is because of Ron and Rand Paul, both libertarian-minded Republicans.

Bastiat's The Law
09-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Drudge also capitalized the "A" in Authoritarian. You're an enemy because you seek to drive our people away from what has been proven to be a successful strategy. The strategy Ron Paul has advised for the past 5 years! This debate is over and you've lost. We're smarter now and will never entertain a third party that can't even get elected to dog catcher. Everyone is aware that third parties are worthless.

Drudge was clearly outlining the libertarian Republican voices in Congress that are actually going to battle against the authoritarian elements. The LP couldn't organize a successful bake sale let alone win a seat in Congress to actual be in the fight.

JCDenton0451
09-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Why would anyone vote Republican? Please give reason. Raised taxes; marching us off to war again; approved more NSA snooping. WHO ARE THEY?!

It's simple. They represent people who donate to their campaigns, not the people who vote for them. Republicans in Congress represent Paul Singer and Sheldon Adelson.

mosquitobite
09-03-2013, 01:51 PM
The only reason the libertarian position is known and has a seat at the debate now is because of Ron and Rand Paul, both libertarian-minded Republicans.

who needs inconvenient facts?

cajuncocoa
09-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Drudge also capitalized the "A" in Authoritarian. You're an enemy because you seek to drive our people away from what has been proven to be a successful strategy. The strategy Ron Paul has advised for the past 5 years! This debate is over and you've lost. We're smarter now and will never entertain a third party that can't even get elected to dog catcher. Everyone is aware that third parties are worthless.

Drudge was clearly outlining the libertarian Republican voices in Congress that are actually going to battle against the authoritarian elements. The LP couldn't organize a successful bake sale let alone win a seat in Congress to actual be in the fight.

I'm not discounting why the libertarian position is known and I do give credit to Ron and Rand for that.

Whenever someone pushes the agenda that 3rd parties are worthless, I start to think they might be working for the 2-party monopoly.

Aratus
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM
i like him for this

ravedown
09-03-2013, 02:22 PM
wha???? drudge has always supported intervention in the middle east. i always thought he was an israel first-er? since when is he anti-gop/anti-intervention? something is off here.

angelatc
09-03-2013, 02:42 PM

Real truth.

angelatc
09-03-2013, 02:43 PM

The LP can't even field a real LP candidate.

cajuncocoa
09-03-2013, 02:48 PM
The LP can't even field a real LP candidate.The GOP seems to have the same problem in many cases.

jjdoyle
09-03-2013, 03:04 PM

Please don't give Rand Paul credit for what his father did. Last I checked, at the very least, Ron Paul held somewhat to his beliefs and didn't endorse Mitt Romney, despite basically allowing his campaign to do so for him.

Rand Paul was elected because of his father and his father's supporters. I doubt many of the Rand Paul, Ron Paul supporters think it's awesome that Rand is endorsing people like Mitch McConnell when there is another alternative, yet SOME around here think it's awesome to "play the game" apparently.

Clearly Drudge is just trying to divide and concur. Now, can we all please just go and donate more funds to Lindsey Graham's and Mitch McConnell's reelection campaigns? They could probably use the funds, and it helps us look good with them and helps us build credibility. Credibility with crooks, it's what we need.*

*sarcasm can be noted

Tywysog Cymru
09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Third parties aren't worthless, but if you want to run as one, you better be rich.

nobody's_hero
09-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Third parties aren't worthless, but if you want to run as one, you better be rich.

If you want to get anywhere in politics, you'd better be rich. Mitt Romney wasn't exactly a pauper who came out on top of the GOP ticket.

Sola_Fide
09-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Cool

fr33
09-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Daily caller article about it: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/03/drudge-why-would-anyone-vote-republican/

krugminator
09-03-2013, 03:32 PM
If you want to get anywhere in politics, you'd better be rich. Mitt Romney wasn't exactly a pauper who came out on top of the GOP ticket.

Rand doesn't have much money, though he did have a great network from Ron. Mike Lee, Marco Rubio are literally broke. Jim Demint was broke until he got the Heritage Foundation job.

angelatc
09-03-2013, 03:49 PM

If you are referring to Ross Perot, I would point out that the two parties changed the criteria for getting into the debates based on is success.

Antischism
09-03-2013, 03:53 PM
The Republican Party: Co-opted "libertarianism" for all!

cajuncocoa
09-03-2013, 04:04 PM
If you are referring to Ross Perot, I would point out that the two parties changed the criteria for getting into the debates based on is success.
And I predict they will continue to do whatever it takes to maintain their monopoly....including sending people out on message boards to keep the "wasting your vote" meme alive.

torchbearer
09-03-2013, 04:25 PM

I have worked both parties, and put my eggs in a couple baskets.
the people could go either way.
The GOP was a third party at one time too.

Bastiat's The Law
09-03-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm not discounting why the libertarian position is known and I do give credit to Ron and Rand for that.

Whenever someone pushes the agenda that 3rd parties are worthless, I start to think they might be working for the 2-party monopoly.

Your biggest opponent isn't a person; it's history and voter psychology.

Bastiat's The Law
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
The GOP seems to have the same problem in many cases.
I'll take the likes of Ron, Rand, Amash, Massie, etc over Bob Barr and Wayne Root any day of the week.

torchbearer
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Your biggest opponent isn't a person; it's voter ignorance.

FIFY

cajuncocoa
09-03-2013, 04:33 PM
I'll take the likes of Ron, Rand, Amash, Massie, etc over Bob Barr and Wayne Root any day of the week.

So would I; that's not the point.

Bastiat's The Law
09-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Please don't give Rand Paul credit for what his father did. Last I checked, at the very least, Ron Paul held somewhat to his beliefs and didn't endorse Mitt Romney, despite basically allowing his campaign to do so for him.

Rand Paul was elected because of his father and his father's supporters. I doubt many of the Rand Paul, Ron Paul supporters think it's awesome that Rand is endorsing people like Mitch McConnell when there is another alternative, yet SOME around here think it's awesome to "play the game" apparently.

Clearly Drudge is just trying to divide and concur. Now, can we all please just go and donate more funds to Lindsey Graham's and Mitch McConnell's reelection campaigns? They could probably use the funds, and it helps us look good with them and helps us build credibility. Credibility with crooks, it's what we need.*

*sarcasm can be noted

Kentucky was one of Ron's worst states. Rand turned that around because he communicates liberty better than anyone and won in a landslide.

Bastiat's The Law
09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
And I predict they will continue to do whatever it takes to maintain their monopoly....including sending people out on message boards to keep the "wasting your vote" meme alive.
When no third party has won in 150 years you don't need to "send people out on message boards".

cajuncocoa
09-03-2013, 04:53 PM
When no third party has won in 150 years you don't need to "send people out on message boards".

I disagree; they have to keep the people from rising up any way that they can. And they do.

mosquitobite
09-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Kentucky was one of Ron's worst states. Rand turned that around because he communicates liberty better than anyone and won in a landslide.

Agree. I'm right next to KY. They hate Ron Paul for the most part, but like Rand. (Well the conservatives at least... Liberals despise him!)

cajuncocoa
09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Agree. I'm right next to KY. They hate Ron Paul for the most part, but like Rand. (Well the conservatives at least... Liberals despise him!)

I hope you explain to them that there's almost no difference between Ron and Rand. Only about 1%, I heard.

Dianne
09-03-2013, 07:29 PM
I admire your zeal, and enthusiasm ... but there is no United States of America ... It's gone !!! We must (for the sake of our loved ones and family), must learn how to survive in a society in which 1% wish to enslave us... and 99% of us are trying to survive from day to day. The Mafia government owns the currency, phone lines, internet, power, water, etc. We are at their mercy... get used to it .... it is real and happening.

Our guys in Washington, are so damn drugged out their minds.... They will vote anyway the cartel tells them. We have a Mafia government .... learn to live with it, because it will not change... Learn survival ... I would dare say, that Jimmy Carter was an honest President .... I hated his views on lots of stuff... but Jimmy Carter is the dying breed... From that point on, the White House under Bill Clinton became a whore house.... drugs... women ... and George Bush followed suit (although hard to imagine Cheney with a joint... but can see him with prostitutes) Obama is blackmailed by the NSA ... NSA creates Presidents through blackmail ... Kerry isn't even Kerry.... the guy today known as Kerry is not Kerry ... He's like wearing make-up when you're dead and O balmed.

I Say the time to say your prayers is now .... The Anti Christs have landed in your own Senate, the Congress, the White House ... and they are looking for you.

twomp
09-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I disagree; they have to keep the people from rising up any way that they can. And they do.

I agree, they keep up with same meme over and over. If you say something enough times, it becomes true. Trying to keep the people in the herd.

http://img.mylot.com/2309030.jpg

jjdoyle
09-03-2013, 07:47 PM

Better than anyone? LOL, rofl! Yeah, the guy that said it was A-okay for a drone to kill a guy coming out of a gas station without a trial? Kentucky was a horrible state, just as many of them were, because Ron Paul 2012 was not serious about winning and they had already sent out confusing messages that RP had dropped/hadn't dropped...
PLUS, it took place in May, and Ron Paul 2012 had already kissed Romney's hand so Rand wouldn't have to actually fight for his dad's message against King Romney in his home state. Didn't want to upset the apple cart, and miss out on that RNC speech.

donnay
09-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Matt Drudge Breaks Up With Republicans, Joins Libertarians

Activist Post

Matt Drudge, the founder of the enormously popular conservative news aggregator DrudgeReport.com, tweeted today that since there are no real differences between Democrats and Republicans the only two real political parties are Authoritarians and Libertarians.

"It's now Authoritarian vs Libertarian," Drudge tweeted. "Since Democrats vs. Republicans has been obliterated, no real difference between parties..."

Drudge also asks his followers why anyone would still vote Republican. "Who are they?!" he asks. "Raised taxes; marching us off to war again; approves more NSA snooping."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J77eCppFjR8/UiZmWUdeWhI/AAAAAAAABjo/xBfv83yAxnA/s1600/drudge+(550+x+393).jpg

Is this a turning point for conservative politics? Is the Liberty Movement of peace and privacy set to be catapulted into the mainstream?

Source:
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/09/matt-drudge-breaks-up-with-republicans.html#8k7Ovx0GVU7DW5HU.99

Mani
09-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Holy shit! This seems huge! How many conservatives follow this guy??? How many people check his site, how many people follow his tweets, how often to republican mouth pieces quote articles from his site???

ravedown
09-03-2013, 08:06 PM
on the same day limbaugh was talking bout false flags? hmmmm...my bullshit detector is on standby.

Mani
09-03-2013, 08:07 PM
This says 20 million people:

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/will-this-tweet-end-the-gop-matt-drudge-is-done-voting-for-the-republican-party/politics/2013/09/03/74386

Cap
09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Drudge has the power to really hurt the GOP. They had better take note or suffer the consequences.

Cleaner44
09-03-2013, 08:28 PM
This needs to be retweeted often and far! This is another one of those moment where everyday Republican voters come our way. This is why Rand will win the nomination in 2016.

torchbearer
09-03-2013, 08:35 PM
This needs to be retweeted often and far! This is another one of those moment where everyday Republican voters come our way. This is why Rand will win the nomination in 2016.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY

enoch150
09-03-2013, 08:48 PM

You should specify that you mean for President or idiots might think you meant for any office. There have been 111 different US Representatives elected as something other than Republican or Democrat since 1877. Recent examples include Virgil Goode (an Independent in 2000) and Bernie Sanders. Here in Connecticut, Joe Lieberman was elected to his final term on a 3rd party line after losing the Democratic primary (Connecticut for Lieberman), and this state elected a Governor on a 3rd party line in 1990 (A Connecticut Party.) And, obviously, Jesse Ventura was elected first as Mayor and then as Governor from the Reform Party.

purplechoe
09-03-2013, 09:03 PM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/diehard-party.gif

ladyjade3
09-03-2013, 09:10 PM
You know, eventually we should try our luck with the Democrats, ie RJ Harris in OK. The LP is a non-starter. It's a protest vote. We all know that, but for everyone with their big girl panties on, the Dems are worth a shot, especially if the GOP keeps insisting on fucking up and alienating EVERYONE in their incredible shrinking teeny tiny tent.

Mani
09-03-2013, 09:11 PM

My biggest problem with the Conservative side is they think the word "libertarian" is some crazy drug conspiracy nut that wants to smoke Pot.

I'm tired of Libertarian being some sort of DIRTY word.

Forget about Voting Libertarian or not, the point is, that POSITION should not be looked at like some crazy person.

So when someone of some SERIOUS credibility amongst the Conservative base, actually says something POSITIVE about Libertarians, I see this as a GOOD THING.

That kind of credible voice, actually can INFLUENCE people that, Maybe Libertarian principles are not some wacko pot smoking weirdos. Maybe they have some valid points.

Some people tune out others when they hear, "Libertarian." I remember in Dr. Paul's first go around they ALWAYS called him a Libertarian, like he was a fucking Leper, much to the joke of others. It was always the attitude, "How can we take this guy seriously, he's a Libertarian! ROLF!"

So now, when someone who CONSERVATIVES FOLLOW DAILY, says, the Libertarian way is better than this SHIT! I DO BELIEVE, it gives credibility to the Libertarian point of view.

I'm not referring to actually VOTES for Libertarian party, but to REMOVE THE STIGMA of being a Libertarian. I also think Rand has HELPED that as well. He may not be a perfect libertarian, but he has libertarian LEANINGS, and some of that has been able to get into the minds of conservatives without being SCOFFED at as a GOOFY KOOK.

I do think in 6 years the movement has come a LONG LONG WAY.

When I read the comments on the Syria news articles (there are so many per day), I cannot believe how many times I've read, "We cannot be the POLICEMAN of the world!"

That is a RON PAUL PHRASE! And when he said it back in 2007 the GOP candidates were like Crickets or they booed or they cheered Guliani when he'd scream, "9/11! 9/11!!!" and Huckabee would lecture, "We fight for Honor! For Honor!!!" To fanatical applause. And Yet...."Policeman of the world!" was like....WTF is he talking about???

Yet Now I hear that phrase used again and again. And I KNOW, it cannot be ALL OF US. It can't just be the same RPF's saying it over again, all over the place. I know that phrase has been picked up, and now people are starting to agree so many years later when they see this country is broke.

I've the phrase, "WE are borrowing from China!"

Another Ron Paul Phrase that I see people mentioning.

And of course BLOW BACK. Which is used all over the place.

THe point is, we can influence people with Liberty Principals, not necessarily simply voting Libertarian, but making people understand Liberty, and Someone like Matt Drudge suggesting Libertarian is a better way to go, does offer us the ability to OPEN MINDS that Libertarian is not some KOOKY crazy way of thinking, but actually about Liberty.

J_White
09-03-2013, 09:49 PM
another good one!

am i dreaming ? Drudge said that or his account got hacked ?

enoch150
09-03-2013, 10:02 PM
My biggest problem with the Conservative side is they think the word "libertarian" is some crazy drug conspiracy nut that wants to smoke Pot.

The following is a list of people that appeal to conservatives who oppose drug prohibition:

William F. Buckley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTyucBinXnY

Milton Friedman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

Ayn Rand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh7Bg-mKKCY

Grover Norquist: http://www.counterpunch.org/2006/01/28/grover-norquist-drug-policy-reformer/

Pat Robertson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQi7A5MW2kQ

Thomas Sowell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbHndilYsI

That should be enough to at least make them think twice.

HOLLYWOOD
09-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Klayman attacks ‘Whores’ in new bookhttp://thehill.com/capital-living/in-the-know/67981-klayman-attacks-whores-in-new-book

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vaExRPE3L._SX_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0979201225/ref=mw_dp_img_z?is=l

anaconda
09-03-2013, 11:19 PM
But Mr. Drudge, who would vote Democrat? Reason? Why did Matt's original Tweet focus on shaming only republicans?

anaconda
09-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Why did Drudge say that the Republicans are marching us off to war?

Mani
09-03-2013, 11:35 PM

I took it as he's speaking about "Boner" and Mcbloodcain. His audience is mainly republicans, so I believe he's just speaking to them.

fr33
09-03-2013, 11:48 PM

Because Drudge identifies as a Republican and has apparently realized that party is just as bad as the Democrat party.

AuH20
09-03-2013, 11:57 PM

I'm tired of Libertarian being some sort of DIRTY word.

And on the other side, you have those calling everyone "Neocon." It's like watching a sad game of table tennis.

Mani
09-04-2013, 12:03 AM
And on the other side, you have those calling everyone "Neocon." It's like watching a sad game of table tennis.

And don't forget "Bleeding heart Liberal"

Red VS Blue gets the bigger SuperBowl Ratings.

enhanced_deficit
09-04-2013, 12:49 AM

Drudge opposes US attack on Iran for Israel's security? And regrets pushing Iraq invasion propganada?

It is time to remove him from moderate neocon/Teocon column then.

Mani
09-04-2013, 12:52 AM
It's been retweeted 1500+ times. Wow. https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/374921187513479168

fr33
09-04-2013, 01:02 AM
The most entertaining thing about those tweets are the few that still feel the need to point out that the GOP agrees with them just a small portion of the time (even though they don't). Give them a few more months and they'll come around, maybe.

Mani
09-04-2013, 01:14 AM
The most entertaining thing about those tweets are the few that still feel the need to point out that the GOP agrees with them just a small portion of the time (even though they don't). Give them a few more months and they'll come around, maybe.

Mainly just stupid Red VS blue mindset.

My team is better than their team. Really? That's all you got?

We can't lose the football game, gotta vote red.... Pathetic.

compromise
09-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Drudge opposes US attack on Iran for Israel's security? And regrets pushing Iraq invasion propganada?

It is time to remove him from moderate neocon/Teocon column then.
To you, everyone is a neocon. I'm starting to think it's your favorite word as you mention it in almost every post you make.

Someone who agrees with libertarians on foreign policy is ~70% of the time is a moderate constitutionalist, not a moderate neocon.

cajuncocoa
09-04-2013, 06:11 AM
In my opinion, Drudge is just butthurt because House and Senate Republicans are not opposing Obama on this. It's not that he doesn't want the war... it's that Obama does; therefore, it must be opposed by GOP Congress critters.

mosquitobite
09-04-2013, 06:28 AM
In my opinion, Drudge is just butthurt because House and Senate Republicans are not opposing Obama on this. It's not that he doesn't want the war... it's that Obama does; therefore, it must be opposed by GOP Congress critters.

Sadly, I think this is the case with much of the opposition.

But it does show how pathetically pro-war(imperialists) they are when they can't even be obstructionist on possibly the most important vote of this decade!