PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Endorsement Sparks Backlash

mmarcman22
11-28-2007, 08:57 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/robertson_giuliani_endors/2007/11/27/52687.html?s=al&promo_code=3E4D-1

TooConservative
11-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Pat jumped the shark.

RobertJ
11-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Robertson is an israel-firster and a puppet to and for zionism. I dont see why christians ever gave a hoot what he said or did. When christians wake up and smell whats cooking and realize it isnt the apocalyse coming...its pure and simple treason to America. Maybe they will support Ron Paul if they are true people of the book.

rockwell
11-28-2007, 09:24 AM
“For years and years he talked about what issues are important. This makes a mockery of it all. It is a complete betrayal to our movement. It’s a disgrace.”

"Beware for many will come in my name."

hard@work
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
“For years and years he talked about what issues are important. This makes a mockery of it all. It is a complete betrayal to our movement. It’s a disgrace.”

"Beware for many will come in my name."

You cannot have virtue without liberty. The sooner the "Christian right" realizes that they have been betrayed by the neocons for psuedo-conservative platforms the better!

asgardshill
11-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Set me straight, please - is Robertson the guy who saw the 900-foot Jesus, or is he the one who said that God would "call him home" unless he swapped out his Cessna Citation for a Gulfstream IV? I can never keep the charlatans straight.

rockwell
11-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Set me straight, please - is Robertson the guy who saw the 900-foot Jesus, or is he the one who said that God would "call him home" unless he swapped out his Cessna Citation for a Gulfstream IV? I can never keep the charlatans straight.

Neither can I.

Here's a helpful hint, if they are on TV, they're charlatans.

HTH

jmdrake
11-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Pat Robertson defended forced abortion in China (http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/aprilweb-only/4-16-32.0.html). Note that he didn't just say "We shouldn't get involved in China's internal affairs". That would have been bad enough considering how he pushes to get involved in the affairs of other countries. (Iraq, Iran, Venezuela). Instead he said I think that right now they're doing what they have to do. How he maintained any following after that is ITSELF a miracle!

Regards,

John M. Drake

asgardshill
11-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Neither can I.

Here's a helpful hint, if they are on TV, they're charlatans.

Word (with the arguable exception of Billy Graham). AFAIK, he's never seen 900-foot Jesi nor does his wife apply mascara by the 55-gallon drum.

JAYCEE
11-28-2007, 10:22 AM
The christian right is in splinters and that is a good thing for us.

rockwell
11-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Word (with the arguable exception of Billy Graham). AFAIK, he's never seen 900-foot Jesi nor does his wife apply mascara by the 55-gallon drum.

I don't know Billy Graham, but I do know- based on the White House transcripts from the Nixon library- that what he said in private and what he preached in public was contradictory and frankly if you are going to be a spiritual leader of a religious sect that is based on the truth, your behavior has to be unimpeachable. It's like having a cop that takes a little bit of graft, a politician who engages in minor espionage, or a physician who molests only a couple of patients. There is no room for oopsies. I'm not saying you can't be fallible, but those kinds of inconsistencies are enough to make your position untenable.

entropy
11-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't know Billy Graham, but I do know- based on the White House transcripts from the Nixon library- that what he said in private and what he preached in public was contradictory and frankly if you are going to be a spiritual leader of a religious sect that is based on the truth, your behavior has to be unimpeachable. It's like having a cop that takes a little bit of graft, a politician who engages in minor espionage, or a physician who molests only a couple of patients. There is no room for oopsies. I'm not saying you can't be fallible, but those kinds of inconsistencies are enough to make your position untenable.

Very well said and completely correct. Hence why I am a spiritual Christian who practices my religion in my daily life and does not participate in "organized" religion. What I find funny about religion is how different sects within the same group say they possess the ultimate truth and there brethren are wrong i.e. catholics vs. baptists or shite vs. sunni or protestants vs. jehovahs witnesses

That which is of God unites, that which is not of God divides.

asgardshill
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't know Billy Graham, but I do know- based on the White House transcripts from the Nixon library- that what he said in private and what he preached in public was contradictory

I'll have to review those, to ferret out any "contradictions" of course.

But I suspect that like Diogenes, my lamp-holding arm is going to get awfully sore before I stumble across a perfect human being.

johngr
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmAh3hozyg0&feature=user

Mrossca
11-28-2007, 02:59 PM
he has lost his mind.

rockwell
11-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll have to review those, to ferret out any "contradictions" of course.

But I suspect that like Diogenes, my lamp-holding arm is going to get awfully sore before I stumble across a perfect human being.

I wasn't talking about perfection, I was talking about a set of standards. You don't go to an embezzler for bookeeping services, or have a prostitute teach abstinence.

I expect my minister not to cheat on his wife, or the neighborhood cop to shoot up on his day off. A church head ought to have standards like "I won't be a hypocrite" and when caught being one, deny it. That's just...not kosher.

constituent
11-28-2007, 03:24 PM
how could you look into that man's eyes and not see evil?

jmdrake
11-28-2007, 04:21 PM

Wow! You learn something new everyday. http://www.counterpunch.org/vestgraham.html

I think in general preachers do themselves a disservice getting too close to politicians. Power tends to corrupt.

Regards,

John M. Drake

JMann
11-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow! You learn something new everyday. http://www.counterpunch.org/vestgraham.html

I think in general preachers do themselves a disservice getting too close to politicians. Power tends to corrupt.

Politics and religion are both ways to control the masses. One does so by punishing you while your alive the other with threats of punishments after death.