PDA

View Full Version : Black man uses the "N-Word"! Pays $250,000 JURY IMPOSED fine.

presence
09-03-2013, 07:06 AM
My nigga, we are doomed...

Use of "N-word" among blacks on trial in N.Y. case

NEW YORK A federal jury has rejected the argument that use of the N-word among blacks can be a culturally acceptable term of love and endearment, deciding its use in the workplace is hostile and discriminatory no matter what.

Jurors last week awarded $250,000 in compensatory damages to a black employment agency worker who was the target of an N-word-laced rant by her black boss, and they return to a Manhattan federal court Tuesday to decide on punitive damages.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57601041/use-of-n-word-among-blacks-on-trial-in-n.y-case/

all for a...

"four-minute (expletive) tirade" about inappropriate workplace attire and unprofessional behavior.

"I was offended.

I was hurt.

I felt degraded.

I felt disrespected.

I was embarrassed,"

Johnson testified. In closing arguments, Johnson's attorney, Marjorie M. Sharpe, said

Carmona's use of the word was intended to offend

"and any evidence that defendants put forth to the contrary is simply ridiculous."

tod evans
09-03-2013, 07:09 AM
WTF?

So I can be drug up in front of a magistrate and fined for using derogatory terms to describe somebodies race or ethnic heritage?

Insanity!

ClydeCoulter
09-03-2013, 07:33 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
The world has gone crazy!

jkr
09-03-2013, 07:41 AM
STICKS 'N STONES
WONT BREAK MY BONES
BUT MAKE ME RICH AS FUCK

HOLLYWOOD
09-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Cultural Marxism... you can't say anything that is not approved by the state.

Carlybee
09-03-2013, 08:51 AM
The point is that blacks contend that it's not derogatory when THEY use the word..only when whites use it. This case aawarded damages for a black using it. I dont think words should be grounds for litigation period but it has always irked me that there is a double standard....you cant call it a slur and then say its okay to use it if you are black.

presence
09-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Cultural Marxism... you can't say anything that is not approved by the state.

Are you calling me fat?

brushfire
09-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Ahhh yes. "Land of the free". Oh wait? Where am I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnIjgw5A-iI

cindy25
09-03-2013, 11:31 AM
it won't stand up on appeal

Brian4Liberty
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
The point is that blacks contend that it's not derogatory when THEY use the word..only when whites use it. This case aawarded damages for a black using it. I dont think words should be grounds for litigation period but it has always irked me that there is a double standard....you cant call it a slur and then say its okay to use it if you are black.

Yeah, there is the double standard aspect, but making "words" a litigate-able offense is insane.

Your boss yelling at you is grounds for getting an award? It might be grounds for you or your boss being fired, but this lawsuit stuff is nonsense. Once again, another instance of lawyers and Judges turning the system into a joke.

VBRonPaulFan
09-03-2013, 11:42 AM
goodbye free speech, heeeeeeello political correctness.

Carlybee
09-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah, there is the double standard aspect, but making "words" a litigate-able offense is insane.

Your boss yelling at you is grounds for getting an award? It might be grounds for you or your boss being fired, but this lawsuit stuff is nonsense. Once again, another instance of lawyers and Judges turning the system into a joke.

Which is why I said I do not support "words" being grounds for litigation. It's just a stepping stone to banning words. I just found it ironic given that the employer was black and calling his black employee the N word as if it was okay to do that because he was black and had some unspoken permission while if a white person had done it, it would have been on MSNBC for weeks and incited a race war.

newbitech
09-03-2013, 12:46 PM
who in there right mind believes that getting cussed out is worth a quarter million dollars? Unless, a quarter million isn't worth much? Oh, and then their are the punitive damages?

I am sure if the boss cussed out this woman and actually said "n-word" instead of "******" she would feel just as shitty and still try to bring the same case. Saying "******" is red hearing, the real shocker to me is a jury awarding 250k to a lazy, poorly dressed, crap temp worker. Wait, no not shocked by that either...

and when did RPF start masking words? looks like its just that one word. the 250,000 word apparently.